Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 hours ago, fatchocobomom said:

I don't have one. Every program/surgeon is different I think. I'm trying to figure out what to do, because it wasn't required, but my surgeon did say it's recommended. But he only said to eat lean meats and liquids. That's not really much to go on, lol.

I have to do a 14 day high Protein Shake 2 times a day with 1 sensible meal i can inbox you the direct form if you want to do it or have some type of guide for yourself my doctor said its to shrink the liver.

Why is May taking so long to get here?? [emoji24][emoji24]

Sent from my SM-N920V using BariatricPal mobile app

24 minutes ago, Aijan said:

Why is May taking so long to get here??

Sent from my SM-N920V using BariatricPal mobile app

It does feel far away maybe because we are excited and anxious. 😄😂

I'm tentatively scheduled May 9th pending insurance approval.

4 hours ago, fatchocobomom said:

I don't have one. Every program/surgeon is different I think. I'm trying to figure out what to do, because it wasn't required, but my surgeon did say it's recommended. But he only said to eat lean meats and liquids. That's not really much to go on, lol.

Oh okay, I'm glad my program is not the only one! I think I'm going to try something anyway just because I would like to lose a few pounds before surgery.

I don't have one either. I just have to do a light Breakfast then liquids for the day before surgery

Hey everyone...I just created a Facebook page for our May group. It is May 2017 sleevers. Send me a join request. This thread is so big and hard to follow. Hopefully that will be easier!

Jessica

43 minutes ago, Nursgirl said:

Hey everyone...I just created a Facebook page for our May group. It is May 2017 sleevers. Send me a join request. This thread is so big and hard to follow. Hopefully that will be easier!

Jessica

I didn't realize someone started a group already. I will take this one down if everone would prefer to stick with the original. Sorry!

I'm May 23rd surgery date/start liquid diet on 8th of May. I've got all my pre reqs classes/appointments done, except I have an anesthesia appointment next week.

I'm not nervous about the surgery or anything leading up to the surgery, but am really concentrating on the life afterwards and being prepared for eating when surgery is complete. I'm hanging list on refridgerators and bulletin boards. Getting broth ideas and Jello all ready. I bought a Nutra bullet blender for shakes, digital food scales, scales, and some Protein Shake mixes. I know taste changes after surgery, but I felt I had to have some on hand. Protein packs, vitamin patches, energy Patches. It seems like a lot of preparation. I have to admit its a little nerve racking.

I'll also admit that I've found myself distancing and preparing for a social life that doesn't revolve around food, restaurants and going out to eat. I've picked up hobbies like painting, art tours, motorcycle riding, and working out to fill my time. I'm single, so involving a loved one or family members will make my process easier I feel. I do feel that most people I have dated or hang out with that I need to distance myself because our relationships revolve around food, pubs, bars and restaurants. It may seem like I'm trying to just surround myself with people who will make me successful, rather than old habits and situations who will drag me down. I just had to see if anyone else feels this way and get it off my chest.

I have a local support group and nurse that provide a lot of insight and ideas for post surgery life. I get a tremendous amount of information from this website which I am grateful for to everyone.

I met with my surgeon on 4/18/17. All is well and still going forward on 5/3/17 to be sleeved!! I was anticipating the pre-surgery diet, although I've already made changes in my nutrition before deciding to have wsl. When I asked her any special diets needed before my surgery date, she looked at me confused and said, "what do you mean?" I told her no liquid diet for the next 2 weeks? She told me that I was good and that only the night before go in a liquid diet. That was probably the most positive news she's given me lol.

Today I did my blood work, chest X-ray and ekg. Exciting times!!!

I met with my surgeon on 4/18/17. All is well and still going forward on 5/3/17 to be sleeved!! I was anticipating the pre-surgery diet, although I've already made changes in my nutrition before deciding to have wsl. When I asked her any special diets needed before my surgery date, she looked at me confused and said, "what do you mean?" I told her no liquid diet for the next 2 weeks? She told me that I was good and that only the night before go in a liquid diet. That was probably the most positive news she's given me lol.

Today I did my blood work, chest X-ray and ekg. Exciting times!!!

My surgeon was the same about liquid diet. She told me to make sure I get some carbs [emoji12]

5 minutes ago, TTrisha said:

My surgeon was the same about liquid diet. She told me to make sure I get some carbs

Ugh! So lucky with no pre op diet! Definitely no fun! Sadly still 10 more days to go. Hope it gets better!

1 minute ago, JustMe2017 said:

I'm scheduled for May 2nd! I started my pre-op liquid diet today and it sucks!!! Please, someone tell me this gets better.

I'm May 2nd too :) ... I started my pre up on Tuesday 👎

On Monday, April 17, 2017 at 1:07 AM, Jolene Wagner said:

Hi my op is booked for may 8th. Feeling very lonely as I have just moved to my husbands town and don't really know anyone. This journey is very scary when you can't sit down with a girlfriend and talk about it as much as I love my husband he is a great support but sometimes you just need another girl. Anyway wishing everyone luck I really can't wait to start living my life again. X

You are in Ustralia so we can't get together and chat, as I am in Canada. However, if you need an ear I'm here. My date is the 8th as well.