Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NJ October Thread

Sherry, those recipes sound sooooooo good....I'd like to get that from you, if you don't mind. I'll be banded Wednesday morning so obviously, its gonna be a while before I can actually try your recipes!!!! LOL:)

And I'm with you on the "not scrolling back" to make sure you've included everyone....I had a lengthy post composed, scrolled back to catch-up & respond, and lost it all Grrrrrrr!

Another option to see previous post is to open a second window and compose in one and read old post in another. ~Mandy

Hi Diane, Here is the rib recipe.

Melt-In-Your-Mouth Barbeque Ribs

2 sides pork spareribs (about 6 pounds), separated

1 (28-ounce) can chunky Tomato sauce (smooth is fine if you can't find chunky. We use smooth.)

1/3 cup brown sugar

2 tablespoons red wine vinegar

1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce

1 tablespoon chili powder

2 teaspoons ground cumin

1 teaspoon paprika

1 teaspoon garlic powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Place the spareribs in the bottom of a slow cooker. In a medium bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Reserve 6 tablespoons for BBQ pizza.

Pour the mixture over the spareribs. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.

This recipe makes enough so you can have pulled pork sandwiches with the remaining meat. Just pull it off the bone and shred it with a fork. YUMMM

I'll have to look for my chicken recipe

Just when you think another page is going to be without The Mouse...and poof! Here she is!

Hi everyone!

Yeah for you Kat...glad it was better than it could have been, and as everyone else has already said, attitude is so important. You have the best attitude around here! You remain in my prayers, and you can come here to us girls anytime with anything, you know that.

Congrats to our new kids on the block...Wednesday is certainly sneaking up on you, isn't it, signgirl? If pineapple blocks fat, I think I'll just go get some, whether I have anything that needs healing or not!

When is your surgery on your eyelids, Pat?

Yes, I'm still running around doing crazy stuff for free...but I'm doggin' them for sub work, so maybe I'll get some jobs that way. OH, and DD had bronchitis for the last week. She missed school Monday - Wednesday, too.

It's bedtime, but I'd been away too long, and didn't want to find those stinkin' monkeys hanging out in here...LOL!

Hugs to all!

Cindy

Hey Cindy, eye surgery scheduled for Jan 25, unless there's a cancellation. Glad to see you sit a spell with us.

Well let me share one of my fav recipes,

Go to your local BJ's, pick up a box of tortilla crusted tilapia, stuffed with crab meat, a frozen bag of Green Giant mixed veggies, and a frozen bag of sliced squash.

Pop the fish into a toaster oven at 350, or use one of those real ones if you have to, while the veggies and squash are cooking in the microwave (mixed together), stir every now and then.

When the fish is done, serve with the veggies and squash, a little ranch dressing for dipping, and a can of pork n Beans, yep, there's a great cook in all of us, just bursting to get out :(.

Just stopped by to see about Mandy's job.

I'm sitting on pins & needles......

Today is running errands, baking Cookies for deserving RSP teacher and getting ready for tomorrows seminar.

Be back later!

No word yet, the woman that does the hiring called in sick yesterday and again today. I guess it will be monday before I get any info. ~Mandy

Hi!

I had a sub job today...3, 4, and 5th grade math. It was fun! My DD's class, too. I have another one lined up for Nov. 6. Glad they finally figured out I am available.

Pat, your recipe sounds delicious, and easy! LOL!

Tomorrow is the pumpkin Fest at school...a day of carnival booths and craft fair for me...what fun! I have a booth assignment for 45 minutes, and the rest of the time I will wander around and see where I'm needed. I'm sure I won't get a lot of down time.

Sunday, DD plays chimes at both church services, so that is another long day. We just keep ourselves busy...but as long as DD is doing things she enjoys with good people...then, it is time well spent.

Looking at the calendar, I see that next week, we'll turn another page, and it will be November. Is that even POSSIBLE?????

Luv ya...hugs to all!

Cindy

Hey there folks, Hope everybody is doing alright.

Jessica, I hope you're doing O.K. after having hose teeth pulled. I know biting on gauze is crummy.......I've had my share of pulled teeth!!!

Sherry thanks so much for posting the recipe. It looks great and I've already printed it out.

Pat I'm gonna have to try that recipe...I don't thimk I've ever eaten Tilapia. Anyway, sounds good to me!

Thanks for the congrats, Cindy! I'm mentally ready for this. Just have a few more things to pick up,and I'll be set!

I had a blood clot due to a complication from knee surgery, back in 1985. I was on coumidin for a year. Then had no other problems. But because of that history My weight loss surgeon wants me to do 10 days of blood thinners after banding. But I sure was surprised when he said it was an injection that I would have to do! UGH! :car: Oh well...better to err on the side of caution....just don't care much for the idea of injecting myself. I have Rx insurance, and even with that, those 10 days of injections were $100!!! Without ins., it would have been in excesss of $300! Crazy Huh?

My birthday is just 3 days after I'm banded, and tonight my DH bought my birthday present. Concert tickets to Bonnie Raitt at a very new venue in Virginia Beach. The concert is November 16...I think that means I'll be on the third day of just starting mushies (sounds like it'll be a good week!)

gnite all :)

Hi Girls,

Its been a crazy busy weekend and I'm sorry I can't do personals. Kat big hugs to you, Patty stay safe, Band to be chickies.... GOOD LUCK !!!

I will catch up soon...... gotta run.

Love and MISS YOU ALL SO MUCH !!!!

Eileen

whew!! I made it through the teeth pulling pretty well. I didnt have any pain all weekend - WOOHOO!!!! and of course I have been drinking the recommended pineapple juice!

I did some shopping for my 2 week post op liquid diet and I hope I have everything I need. I tried to get all the stuff that was suggested by my doc's office. I also finally found some Protein Powder that I am going to try and I sure hope it is not all that nasty. I have tried GNC, Walmart and Vitamin world and they all had really bad selections so this afternoon I went over to Vitamin Shoppe and they have a million to choose from. so I got designer whey in natural flavor and one of the whey bullets just to try out this week and see if i can stomach them. they also had the nectar stuff in a bunch of flavors and I was thinking of getting that but I am not sure how that tastes.

i hope everyone had a great and productive weekend!!!

oh and I found some REALLY cute luggage this weekend for a GREAT price. its red with white and red polka dots!! i am going to look like a clown on vacation but it is SO cute!!

Wow Kat hang in there! Prayers are with you.

Thanks for your band story!

Hello everyone, I went to a conference Thurs-Saturday for Bariatric nurses. It was neat.

Richard Simons gave me a kiss! WOW, he is so funny and has such a passion. He seems to have a very Strong faith which made the time with him even more special.

post-205022-13813135731439_thumb.jpg

Is this better? ~Mandy

post-204409-13813135734536_thumb.jpg