Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Absolutely nothing. I would not sabotage my journey or my progress for any food or drink. Food is fuel to me; that is all.

Do mashed potatoes count? Lol. They're on the list of suggested foods for my puree stage, but I'm sure they're not the best choice, even though I put Protein Powder in them. They just taste yummy and sit well. Hopefully a half cup of them every couple of days isn't killing my weight loss...

Nothing. I didn't drastically alter my anatomy and physiology to see how much I can cheat. Eating poorly was how I got fat. Why would I have surgery and still do the things that made me fat in the first place? Besides... there's nothing I am forbidden- but I know how not to eat!

I try not to sabotage my new sleeve either . However, the healthy foods are just not sitting well yet. I have sugar free pudding, I had dry corn flakes Cereal soaked in milk, and tonight I had 4 teaspoons of Pasta with tuna and cheese in it. I also had cod mashed in potato with molasses. And one day I had a couple of cheesies. And not going to lie, I sucked the chocolate off an almond.

I get my Protein in with shakes and then try my best to eat the best foods for my sleeve in the time being. (Mashed carrot, turnip, apple sauce, cod, salmon, tuna). I can't do boiled or baked chicken yet, it gets stuck. And I can't do eggs either. I try every couple of days.

This tool is amazing. This journey is about learning how to use this tool. Not having those 3 cheesies didn't throw me off of my journey, I'm not a horrible person because I ate that. We need to remember It's all about having the power to stop, not go overboard and be aware of the entire nutrients you are getting daily.

My advice may not be as top notch and holy as those who are following it exactly by the book but here's what I think and what works for me. Everyone is different and I totally support those for whatever method works best for them :)

Do what you think is good for you and your body. Only you can decipher what you can handle. Yes don't go crazy, don't sit down and try to eat a whole slice of pizza right away, but google a way to have a healthy version in whatever stage you are at.

Don't punish yourself if you feel you go off course, off course now MAY be those 2 chips, don't get used to the idea of eating junk like that because in the end that can make you gain. There will be plenty of times during this journey that your body will remind you that something you did wasn't the best decision, so get away from mentally abusing yourself over it.

Always remember that in time this will all be normal. Your own eating habits will be normal and you will know how to handle it. Keep a positive and open mind and always remember why you chose this life in the first place. If it's to lose weight, then don't resort back to old habits. Use the sleeve to your advantage.

EMBRACE THE JOURNEY.

5 weeks post op- 46.2 lbs downnnnn! No better feeling than that. [emoji8]

Me either but I have read some things people have eaten or drank alcohol soon after and such ... I needed to know some people didn't gonthrough a major surgery like we did just do have the same behaviors ....Faith on people thank you [emoji16]

progress starts in the mind

I just had my first alcohol drink 6 weeks after surgery because of the Purim holiday. I'm not an alcoholic, never touch alcohol usually.

Lol some are so quick to bash others on here (you'll see if you haven't already) no one would admit to breaking their NUT plan. I use to have a few cheez-it's when I was allowed to have solids but I stopped. I was way to happy with my progress I'm 3 months out and down 50+ pounds already so I don't want to stop the progress [emoji5]

i had a very small piece of pineapple upside down cake. my stomach let me have. i don't push my stomach that far. i enjoyed it

I stick to the protocol to the T. I'm 5 months out and do everything as instructed.

I'm cleared for a regular diet now but when I was going through my steps I stuck to my NUTs nutrition plan. However now there is not anything I don't eat. If I want a taste of something, I take it. I stick to Protein rich food first but I don't deny myself. Yesterday was my birthday, I had two bites of a cupcake and I didn't hate myself for it but I also don't eat sweets on a regular basis anymore.

52 minutes ago, Sullie06 said:

I'm cleared for a regular diet now but when I was going through my steps I stuck to my NUTs nutrition plan. However now there is not anything I don't eat. If I want a taste of something, I take it. I stick to Protein rich food first but I don't deny myself. Yesterday was my birthday, I had two bites of a cupcake and I didn't hate myself for it but I also don't eat sweets on a regular basis anymore.

There is nothing off my diet either, the doc said I have no restrictions, even alcohol. But that my diet needs to be Protein focused and Water heavy. lol! So I have a bite of stuff now and then but in general I'm pretty full and satisfied with my homemade low carb high protein meals.