Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Those chewable vitamins I can't stand! I am good at popping pills can't wait to down the hatch as opposed to chewing and tasting that sweetness and using Water to crush them! Oh shoot me now!!!!!! Today I literally had 3 bottles of water 48 oz , I felt like I had won the Super Bowl! ( it's the small things) but only one bottle of Protein ( wonk wonk)..... I don't plan on exercising till about 2 months when I have enough energy to go. I believe it is all temporary otherwise I want the rest of my stomach back!!!

The advice my dr gave me was sip, sip, sip. Whenever I have a free moment sip, always have a bottle with me, sip on tea, coffee, diet cordial.

YOU CAN DO IT! We can do it together! I am only 1 week in and in terrible pain, but we can't turn back now! We can do this!! We can help each other lose the weight and sip sip sip.
I have a cup in the kitchen, bedroom and lounge rooms, so everywhere I go I can pick up a cup and sip.

You say wanted to.... did you not go? It is soooo important to get a bag or two of Fluid when needed. This should be drilled into patients' heads...
After surgery you PROBABLY WILL need IV fluids a few times. This is not a failure! This is expected!

If you don't want to be admitted, find out if there is a place to go on an outpatient basis.

I did go and get iv fluids but I was not admitted. I should've clarified. She said she'd like to admit me but was satisfied with me getting the fluids.

No we can't poppybelle12, we certainly can't turn back now. Pstarf stop with the exercising and focus on one thing, yesterday I was up at 7 drinking Water , I focused on getting it in today I tried the same and getting the Protein Shakes as well. Cut yourself some slack the body is loosing at least 1-2 pounds daily now adding exercise will only deplete what you are building up....in a few weeks we will be full blown gym rats

On 2/12/2017 at 3:53 AM, Sullie06 said:

I'm a little over 6 weeks and still can't get my fluids anywhere near where they should be. My NUT want 64 oz minimum but I average 32-48

You know any Protein drinks, tea or Soups count towards your daily Fluid goals.

I had my sleeve surgery 2/20/17 spent one day in hospital. Home now the first thing I did was weigh myself. I was heavier this morning post surgery. Maybe it because of all the IV fluids and gas pumped in my abdomen? I have cramps how long will this feelings of bloating last?

I had my sleeve surgery 2/20/17 spent one day in hospital. Home now the first thing I did was weigh myself. I was heavier this morning post surgery. Maybe it because of all the IV fluids and gas pumped in my abdomen? I have cramps how long will this feelings of bloating last?

Yes, you are heavier because of the IV fluids. The discomfort will be much better in 2 weeks, and all better around a month out. You might be more uncomfortable the first few days while your body realizes it has undergone trauma.

Congrats, and good luck!

Ladies, if you keep weighing yourselves you are bound to get disappointed. Stay off the scale and concentrate on getting enough Protein and Water in. Your body has went through a huge trauma! Bloating and swelling is part of having any surgery. Your body only needs time to heal. I had my surgery Dec 7, 2016. I too worried whether I would lose or not. As far as eating, don't be in a hurry to eat regular foods. Yes you will still have the same cravings as you did before surgery, but remember you wont be able to eat near as much as you used too. Everyday I drink 2 Premier Protein drinks, an for dinner I have had Soup, cottage cheese, scrambled eggs, an omelet, and I eat baby food. For Snacks to help with sweet cravings i eat apple sauce, sugar free popsicles, cheese sticks, and Wetta Bars (protein bars). This is a life style change, no diff than if you are counting calories or watching carb intake. Just sit back and enjoy this journey. One day you will see it was all worth it. Vits I use the chewable. I cut my med in half. Best thing I ever did. Wish I would have done it sooner. Goodluck to everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@jeni42: First of all stop regretting your decision.

I love chicken broth but consuming same food over and over again pre and post surgery, I hated it. I regretted my decision of getting the surgery done for a whole month after the surgery. I had severe Constipation, unable to eat / drink anything, severe hunger and family members who kept constantly pouncing at me saying I am not eating enough food and I will suffer the consequences in the long run.

I am a little over 8 weeks and still cannot get my fluids anywhere close to what my doctor wants me to. The only thing that kept me going was 'ME'. No one can help you until and unless you want to help yourself. A few things that I did that helped me:

1. Stop being negative, start your day positively. The more positive you stay, the more positive your body will react.

2. Take breaks while consuming Protein shakes. I consumed Protein Shakes for 3 months (1 month before and 2 months after the surgery) and I had my days where I liked / disliked it. Don't try consuming the whole 8 oz (that is the amount I was asked to take per day) at one go. Take breaks, I used to mix it in the morning and take about 4 oz in the morning and 4 oz in the evening. I have stopped with processed powders as my doctor wants me to consume natural Protein foods like eggs, soya, lentils, etc.

3. Start walking and simple hand movement exercises, this helps in digestion and avoids bloating and any gassy feeling.

4. Take your medicines regularly. If need be keep constant reminders on phone to remind you about the medicine intake.

5. Stop stressing yourself. Stress makes anything worse. Don't stress because someone who did the operation somewhere during / before your time has lost a lot of weight or is feeling better. Remember that each person's body takes its own time in coping up. Give some time for your body to cope up with the surgery.

Most importantly, don't give up HOPE. Hope is the one thing that will keep you motivated and going in the long run. Remember why you did the surgery, I'm sure it is for your good health. So don't let anyone / anything ruin this for you. All the best!

11 hours ago, JerseyJules said:

You know any Protein drinks, tea or Soups count towards your daily Fluid goals.

Yes I do. However, my nut said she would prefer if I didn't count my Protein Drinks into my Fluid count, just anything else I drink. I drink 32 oz of Protein drinks and then usually get around 22-36 in "other" fluids.

45 minutes ago, Sullie06 said:

Yes I do. However, my nut said she would prefer if I didn't count my Protein drinks into my Fluid count, just anything else I drink. I drink 32 oz of Protein drinks and then usually get around 22-36 in "other" fluids.

I would say the average American doesnt get 36 oz of Fluid so I think you're good for now. Im getting my procedure on Monday. I already drink lots of Water so hopefully I will not have an issue with it afterwards.

hang in there sweetie! the first few weeks even months were hard on me. I had the hardest time getting liquids and my Protein in.... Vitamins, I learned to buy the chewable ones... became a godsend. and for sickness at stomach... a peppermint hard candy helped tremendously. I'm four months out and I'm still try to learn what my sleeve can and will allow me to tolerate... but the Protein and liquid gets easier. It will be worth it! Listen to your NUT and your Surgeon, if they recommend something, please try to do as they say. Good luck on your journey :)