Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Plastic Surgery?

3 minutes ago, thisisthenewme said:

One difference I've heard of is the cost of insurance for surgeons is crazy in US and Canada and that expense is past on to you. Your quote sounded pretty good compared to what I've been getting (I'm in Canada) at $18000-20000 for a lower body lift! I'm going to investigate a plastic surgery teaching centre I found in Toronto :-) Or Mexico will likely be my only option.

From what I'm reading, sounds like a good price. My insurance is paying part of it so I believe that's why it is coming to $11,500. She said she would be doing a trunk lift, abdominalplasty, and panniculectomy. The ironic thing is this doctor is Hispanic (not sure if she is Mexican or not).

From what I'm reading, sounds like a good price. My insurance is paying part of it so I believe that's why it is coming to $11,500. She said she would be doing a trunk lift, abdominalplasty, and panniculectomy. The ironic thing is this doctor is Hispanic (not sure if she is Mexican or not).

That is like exactly what I need done (along with inner thighs, boobs, oh and arms [emoji30]), I'm trying to see if I can get ohip to cover the panniculextomy, but I've heard it's hard. We'll see. Good luck to you!

9 minutes ago, thisisthenewme said:

That is like exactly what I need done (along with inner thighs, boobs, oh and arms ), I'm trying to see if I can get ohip to cover the panniculextomy, but I've heard it's hard. We'll see. Good luck to you!

I need my inner thighs done and arms. My chest also needs to be done. I can live with the inner thighs and I can probably use a chest binder on my chest. I have a lot of excess on my backside that is pulling on my back and causing back and should pain and insurance still won't cover it.

Had a consultation with another doctor. This one didn't accept insurance at all so the cos was $23,000. It was a pretty swanky place so it seemed more geared to wealthy people than a huckleberry like me. The surgery would be 8 hours and done in the office and I would go home the same day. Does this seem right?

23 k for LBL and chest? Are they doing thighs? Would it be one at a surgery center that has no beds or at a hospital? Personally I needed a hospital but my surgery as 11.5 hours. I needed Fluid and to ensure I could void urine. I did not have thighs done and stayed 1 night About 23 k with 1 night in hospital costing 1 k. I had breast lift and bum work as well as LBL and outer thigh Lipo Go with the PS you feel best with. For me I wanted the operating room at the hospital as I have a few health conditions Also you may be able to file a claim with your insurance check your policy.

Had a consultation with another doctor. This one didn't accept insurance at all so the cos was $23,000. It was a pretty swanky place so it seemed more geared to wealthy people than a huckleberry like me. The surgery would be 8 hours and done in the office and I would go home the same day. Does this seem right?

What is your present condition now?

What do you mean by present condition?
23 k for LBL and chest? Are they doing thighs? Would it be one at a surgery center that has no beds or at a hospital? Personally I needed a hospital but my surgery as 11.5 hours. I needed Fluid and to ensure I could void urine. I did not have thighs done and stayed 1 night About 23 k with 1 night in hospital costing 1 k. I had breast lift and bum work as well as LBL and outer thigh Lipo Go with the PS you feel best with. For me I wanted the operating room at the hospital as I have a few health conditions Also you may be able to file a claim with your insurance check your policy.

No chest. It sounded like in their office they must have a surgery center. I've had one other quote so far. This doctor doesn't even accept insurance. The other doctor I went to accepts insurance but my insurance only pays for part. I got a quote of $11,500 doing lower body lift with Tummy Tuck. This doctor works in a hospital too. I have a few more consultations. Doing an 8 hour surgery outside of s hospital is concerning to me.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

I am really glad you're getting multiple quotes and evaluating the pros of the surgical center or an operating room aim a hospital. All my quotes were fairly competitive but I did not consider any surgeon that did not tell me how many times each year and for how many years they perform such surgeries

I am really glad you're getting multiple quotes and evaluating the pros of the surgical center or an operating room aim a hospital. All my quotes were fairly competitive but I did not consider any surgeon that did not tell me how many times each year and for how many years they perform such surgeries

The first doctor I went to was the one referred by my bariatric surgeon. She works with a lot of his patients so this is her thing. She even attends some of his support groups for bariatric patients. I would like to get my chest and arms done but she said that would be too much for one surgery. That would also be a lot of money so I'll focus on my middle section for now.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Had a third consultation. He suggested a circumferential adominalplasty. It seems like that would take out some of the intertube I have going on and raise my ass a little. He quoted $11,700. He seems to be the lead. The first doctor quoted $11,500 but insurance was covering part and with my out of pocket would be more like $13,500. I have one more appointment in August. Doctor number two for $23,000 was just crazy. This doctor I just saw also does the surgery in a hospital and that price included an overnight stay.

Once you make a choice you can ask the PS to price match. Docs give discounts if schedules are not full. Some include multiple compression garments while others let you pick up that cost. The fees of Hospitals are less negotiable

How does one choose a plastic surgeon outside of price? This last one I went to seems highly regarded and seems to be regarded as on the top ones in my area but it seems most of his reviews are about breast surgeries. Scaring isn't the biggest concern for me. I just want a normal shape and to be able to get rid of this intertube around me. It would be nice to wear a pair of pants at my waist and by proper fitting shirts.

Edited by sgc

I'm thinking more on this and I see people say they paid around $10,000 for a body lift in Mexico. Am I missing something? If this doctor is only charging $11,000 in the US, am I getting less? By the time I travel to Mexico, it would actually cost more. I also wonder why doctor number two was $23,000?

Doctor #1 is talking about doing a panniculectomy, abdonimalplasty, and lower trunk lift. Doctor #3 says a circumferential abdominalplasty. I'm trying to determine what the difference is? It seems like the former is more work and would get my backside more so I amy go with number 1. The 3rd doctor didn't mention much about the butt being fixed.

I called doctor #1 to get more clarification on the price. They checked with my insurance and my out of pocket would be $193. That puts her at $11,700 which is the same as doctor #3. I contacted my insurance, they say I would pay the deductible of $400 and it would need to be a medical necessity. I got two different numbers but not a big difference. I'm concerned my insurance won't cover it and say it's cosmetic. I may go with doctor #3 since his price didn't involve insurance at all. I still have two more appointments lines up.