Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Plastic Surgery?

On 7/25/2017 at 2:31 PM, sgc said:

Doctor #1 is talking about doing a panniculectomy, abdonimalplasty, and lower trunk lift. Doctor #3 says a circumferential abdominalplasty. I'm trying to determine what the difference is? It seems like the former is more work and would get my backside more so I amy go with number 1. The 3rd doctor didn't mention much about the butt being fixed.

This confuses me. A panniculectomy and a Tummy Tuck - ?? - A tummy tuck would just sort it all out and the panniculectomy would then not be needed in my opinion - I cannot see how you can do both..... The panniculectomy just removes excess stomach fat and the tummy tuck makes it prettier and also tightens the muscles. If the tummy tuck is done - And you are also charged for a panniculectomy... That makes no sense to me..

No3 is giving you a circumferential abdominoplasty. - That should be quite alot of areas = If you search each procedure you can see what they cover...

But I think the only way you can be 100% sure as to what each doctor will do - Is to ask them for a break down of what the op they are offering you will be exactly as one doctor might use the same name and do something slightly different. So you know how you can put them side by side and see what is what - You would only know if they tell you - Maybe write it down so you can go thorugh it in yoru head and all the for'sand against's etc.

Thereis alot of info online if you search the surgery you are being offered...

https://plasticsurgeons.com.au/circumferential-abdominoplasty-surgery/

http://www.docshop.com/education/cosmetic/body/tummy-tuck/circumferential

I hope you find all the answers you need....

Edited by Scamp

I looked up a circumferential adominalplasty and that seems exactly what I need. The first doctor seems to be writing up the adominalplasty as a panniculectomy to charge insurance. She claims insurance only covers the skin that is hanging over the pubic area. Her quote seems complicated so I'm leaning towards number 3. I have two more appointments yet so I'll see. Number 3 gets great reviews but they seem mostly breast work. It seems hard to find a doctor with extensive experience working on weight loss people.

Go to next appointments then ask for more clarification As you see more docs you get a better sense of what to ask in consults

I think I have down what I need to ask. The first one's billing is confusing me. I'll get the other quotes and contact number one and get the full price without insurance so I know what the worst it would be.

When these doctors start showing me pictures, I have no idea what to look for. As long as there is no hideous disfigurement, they all look fine to me. Doctor #3 has a lot of his pics online. Everything seems good? https://www.realself.com/find/Michigan/Detroit/Plastic-Surgeon/Andrew-Lofman#reviews

Went to my last appointment. He was $19,000. I emailed him my two quotes of $11,000 so we'll see if he matches. I liked him but I don't know if I liked him any more than the others. I'm probably leaning towards the first one.

How long after surgery was it before you would be able to walk up stairs?

1 hour ago, sgc said:

I am unable to answer that question as my house has no stairs - LOL

I think in the end - Even if you had 100 quotes - You just hafta trust your gut. Unless you can find people who have had surgery by this surgeon then that is all you have really I am afraid - I was very lucky that the guy I chose was fantastic.

Good luck making your decision...

Edited by Scamp

1 day after surgery I made it 4 floors up to my bedroom Then Did not see the lower floors for 7 days.

My parents have a split level, so I did a half flight of stairs the day after surgery. At 10 days out, I was back home & up & down 2 flights pretty regularly.

Scheduled surgery with the first doctor for September 8th.

Now I'm getting concerned as this doctor doesn't seem to be making me get some sort of physical before surgery. Is this normal?

I had no physical before surgery. On the day they did a few tests - That is all I think.

What sort of physical do you mean?

If you have questions - Can you contact the office and ask them?

I had no physical before surgery. On the day they did a few tests - That is all I think.
What sort of physical do you mean?
If you have questions - Can you contact the office and ask them?
Before my sleeve surgery, I had to see my doctor who did an ekg, blood test, blood pressure etc. At that time I was high risk so I guess they will do it before. The hospital is supposed to call me regarding my medical history.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Before my skin removal surgeries, the only thing I needed was a couple of blood tests & an EKG. Pretty simple!

10 hours ago, sjfink said:

Before my skin removal surgeries, the only thing I needed was a couple of blood tests & an EKG. Pretty simple!

That's the thing. This doctor doesn't seem to be suggesting I get that done and that kind of concerns me. Maybe they're waiting for my check to clear first. I may just do it on my own and schedule an appointment with my primary care doctor.

That's the thing. This doctor doesn't seem to be suggesting I get that done and that kind of concerns me. Maybe they're waiting for my check to clear first. I may just do it on my own and schedule an appointment with my primary care doctor.

I can't remember if you have a date already or if you've already had your pre-op appointment. For any surgery, they typically require an EKG within 90 days & the blood work (CBC & CMP) within 30. Maybe you'll get those orders at your pre-op visit??