Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Thanks starsky if i can do it any one can do it.It wont be long before your on the loosing side and get you will get your confidence back as soon as the lb start coming off and you will be beating the guys off with a stick.

The reason i went for the monthly fills is i am one of the unlucky ones who never relay got restriction until my last fill.So just doing it with will power until then.

You don't relay need to book them to far ahead as they are pretty good with fitting you in

Just thought i would let you know the diffrence the band has made to me yesterday .For the first time in years i went on all the rides at m&ds theme park where i live with the kids.I for years never went near them for fear of been told you dont fit and you would have to walk past everyone all embaressed.So what a feeling it was going on to the first rollercoaster and it fitting no problems with room to spare .I was like a big kid saying to the children lets go on this lets go on that.And what a diffrence it has made to the children as they have there dad to go on rides with rather than standing at the sides waveing to them and for me thats one of the reason for getting the band as i dont want my kids lives to pass me by without doing activitys that most people do .My port is a bit on the sore side right enough with all the shaking about .lol

well done Bobo bet you felt a million dollars!!:(

thats the sort of info that will help anyone on here when they are struggling,great stuff.

p.s thanks for the info earlier:wink2:

Got my fill 3ml. Didnt think I would get one since Im going to Florida on sunday but wendy says it would be fine as its only my first one Yeahhh! TIN good to see you again pity didnt have time for a wee blether but maybe next time. Wendy says the timing of next clinic in Glasgow 8th September, coincides with her daughter giving birth so she may have to cancel and rechedule.

Big sis and Gillian she sings your praises and I told her you both sing hers. Jx ps I couldnt believe how painless it was even though TIN came out clutching his stomach lol.

Got my fill 3ml. Didnt think I would get one since Im going to Florida on sunday but wendy says it would be fine as its only my first one Yeahhh! TIN good to see you again pity didnt have time for a wee blether but maybe next time. Wendy says the timing of next clinic in Glasgow 8th September, coincides with her daughter giving birth so she may have to cancel and rechedule.

Big sis and Gillian she sings your praises and I told her you both sing hers. Jx ps I couldnt believe how painless it was even though TIN came out clutching his stomach lol.

Hi Homecare. Glad you got your fill and now you're on your way - it always seems so long to wait for the first one doesn't it? Thanks for giving us a mention while you were there, we always tell Wendy that we constantly recommend her to everyone so it's good you confirmed it. Hope you're pleased with your decision to go to her. Enjoy your holiday, it will be here very soon, you'll have a fantastic time. Bigsis x

Hey bobobaldy your next mile stone will be parading on the beach in a pair of speedo's lol, im stuck at the min and my weight doesnt seem to want to move but reading your post does make me feel positive again(thankyou).. iv got another fill thursday so i hope it will give me a kick start x

Been clothes shopping today with my daughter and it feels great to walk into a shop and buy size 16 and know they are going to fit, next milestone for me is size 14 x

Good luck to everyone getting there band this week and to gary's repair, hope it goes well x

good effort bobo keep it up.

Well am sitting in my room in belgium bored oot my nut, just seen frederic so i will be knocked out tomorrow they will open the port scar and check if the leak is in the tubing right enough and if so they will repair, if not they will have to replce the whole thing and have 5 holes opened again not really what i want to hear but i wont know about it, so i will keep you posted if not tomorrow then thursday.

gx

Thanks gary and wishfull dont know about the spedos but im starting to shop alot more for clothes and its a great feeling just going in and taking off the peg and straight to the till and not having to go to the fitting rooms to see if it fits.

Thats me went from a 46 inch jeans to a 36 inch and a 4xl top to a xl so im spending a fortune on clothes.

And good luck for the morning gaz hope its just the tube.

Well am sitting in my room in belgium bored oot my nut, just seen frederic so i will be knocked out tomorrow they will open the port scar and check if the leak is in the tubing right enough and if so they will repair, if not they will have to replce the whole thing and have 5 holes opened again not really what i want to hear but i wont know about it, so i will keep you posted if not tomorrow then thursday.

gx

Hey gary i thought you would be propping the bar up lol. Good luck for tomorrow hope it goes well for you x

gx

Well Gary you do surprise me I thought you would be down charming all those new bansters to be. Good luck for tomorrow kid and I hope its only the tubing will be thinking of you. Fingers and toes crossed. Jx:thumbup:

Hi Homecare. Glad you got your fill and now you're on your way - it always seems so long to wait for the first one doesn't it? Thanks for giving us a mention while you were there, we always tell Wendy that we constantly recommend her to everyone so it's good you confirmed it. Hope you're pleased with your decision to go to her. Enjoy your holiday, it will be here very soon, you'll have a fantastic time. Bigsis x

Thanks bigsis. She really is a lovely lady and she is very caring. She was telling me that WLS have hooked up with CDB and are offering a package that includes 3 years after care I think she said it was around £5250 but dont quote me on that. Jx

gx

Hi Garry hope everything goes ok for you and its just a repair at least you know what to expect you can support all the newbies gone over wish them luck from me in case i missed anybody look forward to hearing how you get on :(:smile:

Hi BoBo just wanted to say congratulations you,ve done so will its great to hear everybody,s progress its a great support i know what you mean going in to a shop buying just off the peg its a great feeling, im starting to feel normal and i dont feel people are staring at me anymore happy days:smile::(

Hi Wishfull buying a size 16 thats fantastic go girl wont be long before your in 14 well done:smile::thumbup:

Good Morning Everyone.............I'm sat here reading all of your achievements and its all such good news........The strange thing is ..altough I thiink I can already see some weight coming off I cant ever imagine posting that I've been shopping and bought a size 16. Thats not because I dont think that I will manage to lose the weight I suppose its a bit like a dream to me. All I've ever wanted is to walk into a 'normal' shop and buy clothes, instead of the outsize frumpy shops that I have spent a lifetime shopping in. Actually I was a 16 when I first went into Evans, but it was 16 years old.:)

Good Luck Garry and all whos out there today.

BoBo....Your pictures are great...Well Done You

Wishfull..........The weight will start moving agin soon, but wow a 16 thats fantastic.

Shellangel........I loved meeting you..look after yourself....Karen and Alan said they will come to our reunion next year in Scotland!!!!:blink:

Take Care everyone

Jackie:smile2:

Forgot to say......When I was out in Belgium Freddie dropped a bombshell to me. He told me they were moving clinics and shutting the one in Bristol. Wow I felt annoyed because I work full time and having somewhere within a couple of miles was a real bonus to me it was a major factor when deciding to get the proceedure done. I know that a lot of you travel miles to get fills but when you work in education taking time off is really shunned upon and I dont think they would allow it because I self funded the op. I have contacted the Spire but they charge £198 initial visit and then £140 per fill and £110 for a defill.

Homecare.....was it you that went to the Spire in Cardiff for a fill. Did they charge the same? Would you recommend them?

I'm a bit stuck now because I need somewhere that I can pop into between appointments, am I right in understandig a fill takes about 20 mins. I wish I could go to WLS but they dont come to Bristol either.

Thanks

Jackie

Hey jackie it wont be long before you are walking into "normal" shops and buying clothes knowing they will fit, it is a great feeling .. i still look at the back of the rails 1st, the bigger sizes are at the back then realise i need to look in the middle.. im getting closer to the front of the rails tho lol x

I met up with Freckles today at Cardiff, as she was also attending a different wedding and it seemed such a good opportunity to see each other.

She is so lovely, we hit it off right away, It helped that she said I was much smaller than she expected, I'm sure she meant shorter, but hay whats in a word, so now she's my forever best friend. Freckles is just as compasionate in real life as she is on here, I'm sure she an angel in disguise.. I just wish she lived closer because she's def my kind of girl. Love ya freckles.. XXXMAGGSXXX

Maggs you are such a smooth talker:biggrin:

And I love what you said about the free fill for the sake of science, what a hoot you are rsd92b.jpg

It was lovely to meet and spend time with you and your little sweetheart of a daughter, I felt like I'd known you all my life.

And by small I meant your body size, cos you're not very big, in fact you just look normal....not a bulge in sight!!

You are lovely and bubbly, I felt like a miserable old fart next to you, I didnt mention it but I still was/am having bowel probs. It is making me feel so ill and miserable.

Yesterday I found some Movicol powders, for Constipation, and faecal impaction, sorry for the graphics, but this is what I have.:blink:

I took a load last night and today we've had lift-off, I also took my usual glass of prune juice.

I'm not going to the hospital today so gonna have a real good go at the Movicol again, and sort it out once and for all.

BTW I did do the enima with help from hubby:rolleyes: but it didnt shift it all.