Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

hi all .....all the best for anyone going out to Brussels!

Gary..and was it mmm.??anyway... re the rowing machine yeh that would be great if you could double check if it can be used regularly,sorry if i got anyone really worried about it:blushing:

Homecare...not long to go now until our first Fill thank god!

im there at 1530hrs if i remember correctly??so will probably see you there in the passing etc?:biggrin:

just hope it does give me some restriction as working on will power alone at the mo and not easy as i did have a great LOOONNNNG WEEEEKEND partying!:wink2:

back to being good again though!:nanahump::Banane56:

hows your eating going getting any easier for you yet?or still pretty hit and miss?

ok catch u later,take it easy

TIN

hi all .....all the best for anyone going out to Brussels!

Gary..and was it mmm.??anyway... re the rowing machine yeh that would be great if you could double check if it can be used regularly,sorry if i got anyone really worried about it:blushing:

Homecare...not long to go now until our first Fill thank god!

im there at 1530hrs if i remember correctly??so will probably see you there in the passing etc?:biggrin:

just hope it does give me some restriction as working on will power alone at the mo and not easy as i did have a great LOOONNNNG WEEEEKEND partying!:wink2:

back to being good again though!:nanahump::Banane56:

hows your eating going getting any easier for you yet?or still pretty hit and miss?

ok catch u later,take it easy

TIN

Hi TIN my appointment is for 3.30 I thought yours was earlier. It cant come soon enough I could eat a double decker bus now so really need to start the journey for some restriction. I know we probably wont feel much different with the first fill but it gets us started. I havent lost anything this week and need all the help i can get at the moment. Maybe see you on Tuesday. Jx:thumbup:

BigSis, you are a star........some really good tips !

I had a thought about painkillers and think that 'Day Nurse'/ 'Night Nurse' may do the trick, as that too has paracetemol in it and I think its a bit stronger eek.gif

Great tip about selling the old big clothes, cus I'm not goin back there again !!! Once again, some of it has still got tags on. A few quid to be had I feel.

I will defo take a good book...thanks again for the tips.

S.x

Homecare & Wishful you're both doing great with the weight loss, you will soon be in those smaller clothes before you know it.

Cant wait to hear from Gary, Shellangel and Jackie, hope everything's gone well today?

Anitahug, hope you feel better soon, I feel for you :scared2:

S. x

Poor Anitahug, I really hope you manage to keep down those fluids and avoid the dreaded hospital. Sounds like you are going through a pretty horrific time with it.

Hope you are feeling better soon x

Gal x

Hi

I'm struggling again I was unable to keep any food down yesterday. I'm going to doc this afternoon she said I may need to be hospitalised for IV fluids ( I don't think so !!) I assured her I can still manage sips and have been trying to sip alot and I'm fine with liquids - it's just food ain't goin no where. I'm now taken double dose of nexium (which u guessed it r in tablet form).

Can I assure those concerned with swallowing difficulties that I was first diagnosed with oesphagitis (grade d) in Jan' and this condition was being managed pre op. Dr C was aware of my condition and agreed that losing weight may take pressure of hernia and L/T I would see improvement.

This problem goes back to 2 of my pregnancies were I had severe sickness for the full 9 months causing burning scarring to gullet. I just want to make it clear I'm not blaming any of this on band. I'm a little scared how this will effect fills etc.

I'll Report back soon !!

ps. I'm starvin :tt1:

Hi Anita sorry to hear you are really going through the mill at the mo hope things inprove for you soon just on taking the nexium i was taking them before my op for acid reflux was worried about taking them after op Dr Chris told me they dissolve in Water put one in a glass small drop of water keep stirring it will dissovle hope your feeling better soon :scared2:

Hi TIN my appointment is for 3.30 I thought yours was earlier. It cant come soon enough I could eat a double decker bus now so really need to start the journey for some restriction. Jx:thumbup:

OMGosh you sound like a different person. You were only just saying how you couldn't eat owt!!! I'm soooo glad you're better. I'm getting filled on 11th too, but bare in mind I've been able to eat anythig I want for weeks so desparatly needing one. Had a fish supper " fer mah tea the nicht". Ate the whole lot nae probs so roll on a FILL :scared2:

Bev, sounds good to me, I will look forward to meeting you. I also noticed that Singing Parrott is also getting banded on 8th Sept maybe I will also see you there too ?

I've sent off my deposit, just waiting for confirmation of the hotel etc. But my flight gets into Brussels at 5pm on Thursday 10th.....so look out for me. I will let you know my hotel details soon.

S.x

Sorry Starsky, we'll have to keep meeting online for the time being - I'm travelling home during the day on the 10th whilst you're travelling out. Bev may well still be there as she's staying an extra night. Good luck with everything.

SP

Right peeps, i've had mi blowout crap food and am chipped, Chinese and Indianed up - if i ever let em pass mi lips again, im sure i'll hurl! lol Anyway, a bit of alcohol this weekend then i'm getting down to a low fat/alcohol free diet in prep for going to Brussels.

Hey Starsky, your large clothes will fit me in my next size drop so maybe we should exchange numbers and do a deal ;o) (Im a size 24 at the mo and want to get to a 16)

Bev

xxx

Good afternoon all,

Thanks for all ur kind comments & tips, Doc has given me higher dose and doubled meds, touch wood this seems to be helping she feels I need further investigation so has made urgent ref' to hosp' (WHY does this flare up when I'm on A/L ????) fingers crossed this works as I am concerned how this will affect future progress with band.

Anyway, postie arrived this this morning with my skechers "shape ups" so I'm wobbling about, I've grown 2" in height these are suppose to improve posture,firm muscles etc.... they are big in America and r similar to originals - mbt's. Does anyone else use these ?

Someone mentioned Bio oil I got this to fade scars. A few of my friends used it during pregnancy to prevent stretch marks and swore by it, I starting using it about 10 days after op apply morning and bedtime it only takes a very small amount and will last for ages.So far so good.

Right Guys,

Just packing my bag for Brussels as I leave on Tuesday and I have the following:

Tracksuit bottoms - elasticated waists

Crocks - slip on shoes

Cuppa Soups with no bits

Tea bags

2 cups - 1 for Garry's 'coffee'

Boiled sweets to suck on

Soluable Solpadeine

2 x books

Portable DVD player & DVD's

MP3 player

Can't get Windeeze tabs here in Ireland. Do I need Gavison?

Am I remembering everything?:thumbup:

Siobhain

Good afternoon all,

Thanks for all ur kind comments & tips, Doc has given me higher dose and doubled meds, touch wood this seems to be helping she feels I need further investigation so has made urgent ref' to hosp' (WHY does this flare up when I'm on A/L ????) fingers crossed this works as I am concerned how this will affect future progress with band.

Anyway, postie arrived this this morning with my skechers "shape ups" so I'm wobbling about, I've grown 2" in height these are suppose to improve posture,firm muscles etc.... they are big in America and r similar to originals - mbt's. Does anyone else use these ?

Someone mentioned Bio oil I got this to fade scars. A few of my friends used it during pregnancy to prevent stretch marks and swore by it, I starting using it about 10 days after op apply morning and bedtime it only takes a very small amount and will last for ages.So far so good.

Hi anitahug, I regularly use MBT's as does my daughter, best friend, sister and brother in law, and I have been looking at the new sketchers exercise shape ups if fact I went to try some on today in Cardiff but they'd all been sold in my size. I can highly recommend MBT because once your used to them you'll use them regularly, they're really good for the super market dash but dont what ever you do try to run in them. take your time getting used to them, use them for a short time each day increasing the usage time daily. (I call them my spice girls trainers)

Now that you've got your sketcher version do you mind telling me if they are true to size or do I need to go up or down a size my normal shoe is 5.5, and I think they only do 5 or 6 which one would you recommend.

I also wear fitflops and have just seen their new winter bootee, yippee I want the black, or maybe the brown, or even the camel. Oh dear what decisions. :thumbup:

We had a fab wedding yesterday, it was really nice to get all dressed up and not feel concious about the lumps and bumps, I felt totally chilled out and happy in my body, and I think I looked fab in my new dress :thumbup: this band has proven to be all I wanted it to be even tho its still moody. I have 7ml in and I cant eat, or drink and cant even sleep, then I have .3 of a ml (YES A THIRD OF 1 ML) out and I can eat EVERYTHING as long as I take my time how wierd is that.

I met up with Freckles today at Cardiff, as she was also attending a different wedding and it seemed such a good opportunity to see each other.

She is so lovely, we hit it off right away, It helped that she said I was much smaller than she expected, I'm sure she meant shorter, but hay whats in a word, so now she's my forever best friend. Freckles is just as compasionate in real life as she is on here, I'm sure she an angel in disguise.. I just wish she lived closer because she's def my kind of girl. Love ya freckles.. XXXMAGGSXXX

I felt totally chilled out and happy in my body, and I think I looked fab in my new dress :laugh:

Good for you girlfriend. That's what we all like to hear. Small quotes like that give everyone a little boost. It's good to know what little treasures lie ahead for us. So, thank you and I'm happy you had such a good time XXX

:thumbup: