Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi Toppings...........I've just got back from Brussels and wanted to let anyone who is going out there this week now that the nights were really hot, the hotel rooms are a little small and last night was awful. If you can, take a mozzi repeller for the room. I got bit several times..........Apart from that it sounds as though you have verything. I didnt use the windeeze (it came out on its own)

Well done Jack, glad it all went well :cool: Was it everything as you expected or worse ??

S.x

Hi Homecare & Time Is Now, my appointment on Tuesday is at 2:15. What time are you going to be there?

Hi fatduck my appointment is for 3.30. Time Is Now Im sure is around 2.30 but according to him he has my slot of 3.30 but he aint getting it LOL. Have you found your right time yet TIN.

Hope all peeps returning home from Belgium today are ok and have a comfortable night in their own beds. Jx

PS Gary let us know how you are when you return, been thinking of you.:cool:

Bi Bev,

It's a deal, I will check my diary and let you know when I'm in Mansfield next, to give you my cast offs !! I feel like I'm doin someone a good turn, by giving my clothes to someone who actually will wear them !

Most of my suits are from Debenhams and I have to say that they are pretty new, cus I got bigger and couldn't fit into my size 18's anymore and had to buy more :mad:

As for my low fat diet, I can't start until Monday 24th to be honest, cus I'm working the weekend before and I get all my meals thrown in, so I can be a BIT good but why shouldn't I enjoy eating nice food in loads of restaurants for free eh ?? I promise to start on the Monday 24th, only problem, the weekend after, I'm staying with friends in Torquay for the Bank Holiday (Dartmouth Regatta) so, I know we will be eating out and I find it hard to say No to nice food :drool:

Have you got your milk thistle yet ? I bought mine from Holland and Barratt last week, so will also start to take it around 24th.

By the way, love your photo......

S.x

Lol, my photo! I was a little drunk there and appropriately dressed for the rock club i was at with friends lol :tongue: At that time I felt much happier with the size i was, even though im aiming for a bit less now. Can't believe that was only last year. I slap on the chunk so badly and this is my attempt to stop me from overeating again

Well re the clothes, you should give me an idea of how much you'd like for them so you can go get new smaller ones! :) Suits arent cheap i know that and am happy to contribure to the slimmer Starsky fund.

Do you think its ok for me to have a chocolate bar before bed? It isnt tomorrow yet is it when im suppose to be starting the low fat diet :cool:

I haven't been out yet and got the milkthistle cos i didnt mention it on here before but im just getting over Swineflu and so havent left the house for a good while as ive been really quite ill. Id say im at 90% now and almost finished the antivirals. My doc says I should be fully recovered in a week or so - gosh i hope so given the ticking clock to Brussels now!

Bev XXXXX

Hi TIN my appointment is for 3.30 I thought yours was earlier. It cant come soon enough I could eat a double decker bus now so really need to start the journey for some restriction. I know we probably wont feel much different with the first fill but it gets us started. I havent lost anything this week and need all the help i can get at the moment. Maybe see you on Tuesday. Jx:thumbup:

hi homecare...you are correct re appointment time im at 1500hrs on tuesday!:cool:

just hope i can find the place ok and the traffic aint too bad,will have a look on autoroute b4 i leave too just to keep me right!

see yah tuesday:smile:

Bev, Poor you, I hope you feel better soon.............My sister in law has also just got over the dreaded S***e flu. its getting about a bit !!

As for the Choc bar, go on have one last bar before bed, cus you won't be havin any more for a while, Lol.

Don't worry about the clothes for now, we can sort out stuff nearer the time. My only worry is that you may be too tall for the trousers !!...............cus you are a tall bird :)

Tops will be ok though. We can sort all that out later :cool:

Nite, nite

S.x

Hi Homecare & Time Is Now, my appointment on Tuesday is at 2:15. What time are you going to be there?

Hi Fatduck.....my appointment is for 1500hrs so all going well should be there about 1445 ish?

said on the info i got i would be in for an hour ....is that usual for the first time at WLS?

so maybe catch you if timings are ok,have a good one anyway if i dont see you there!:cool:

TIN:thumbup:

Hi time is now you are usualy in for about 45 min for your first time with wls group.Depending how many questions you have or your looking for advice on anything.

Good luck gary and any others that are going out.:thumbup:

Hi Toppings...........I've just got back from Brussels and wanted to let anyone who is going out there this week now that the nights were really hot, the hotel rooms are a little small and last night was awful. If you can, take a mozzi repeller for the room. I got bit several times..........Apart from that it sounds as though you have verything. I didnt use the windeeze (it came out on its own)

Well done Jack, glad it all went well :thumbup: Was it everything as you expected or worse ??

S.x

Hi Starsky

The hotel is very clean but basic, a bit like a travel lodge, the staff are great, very friendly. Fred and Dr Chris were a lot younger than I expected, both very nice people. I would strongly recommend ayone thinking of going should book the package with Fred, it seemed to be much cheaper and we were all staying in the same hotel so we could give each other support. Shellangel stayed in another hotel and I have to say I did worry about her being all on her own. If you can you should take someone with you. One of the other girls arrived on her own but then called her husband to drive over and pick her up, you do feel week after the op. We all said that we would have liked to of stayed another night in the hospital. I've never been in such a clean hospital before. No one should be worried about the level of care you receive its the best, the staff speak english, theres no MRSA o swine flu, they dont een wear gloves when there touching you. Over her thy dont look at you without a pair of gloves on. They give you all the medication you need. I think the worst thing is the feeling of the port inside you.Its uncomfortable and hurts when you bend or sit and then get up, but it is easing today, the other wounds dont hurt at all. Dr C said the port takes about 3 weeks to heal. The ps not so bad, I'd definately go through it again. :thumbup:Hope this answers your question.

One question I have to anyone ........when does this b...dy gurgling stop. my stomache feels as though its having a party!!!!:wub:

Just thought i would let you know the diffrence the band has made to me yesterday .For the first time in years i went on all the rides at m&ds theme park where i live with the kids.I for years never went near them for fear of been told you dont fit and you would have to walk past everyone all embaressed.So what a feeling it was going on to the first rollercoaster and it fitting no problems with room to spare .I was like a big kid saying to the children lets go on this lets go on that.And what a diffrence it has made to the children as they have there dad to go on rides with rather than standing at the sides waveing to them and for me thats one of the reason for getting the band as i dont want my kids lives to pass me by without doing activitys that most people do .My port is a bit on the sore side right enough with all the shaking about .lol

Just thought i would let you know the diffrence the band has made to me yesterday .For the first time in years i went on all the rides at m&ds theme park where i live with the kids.I for years never went near them for fear of been told you dont fit and you would have to walk past everyone all embaressed.So what a feeling it was going on to the first rollercoaster and it fitting no problems with room to spare .I was like a big kid saying to the children lets go on this lets go on that.And what a diffrence it has made to the children as they have there dad to go on rides with rather than standing at the sides waveing to them and for me thats one of the reason for getting the band as i dont want my kids lives to pass me by without doing activitys that most people do .My port is a bit on the sore side right enough with all the shaking about .lol

Bobobaldy - CONGRATULATIONS! It's things like that which make it all worthwhile. Well done!

Bev - poor you! I'm dreading getting swine flu just before we go to Belgium, as an asthmatic, it's bound to lay me out completely for ages. At least now you know it's over with and there's nothing stopping you now! Really looking forward to meeting you 4 weeks today!

Flirty - how are you getting on now? I had a major TT and boob job 3 years ago so know how you're feeling right now. If I can help, let me know.

Everyone else Happy Monday!! The beginning of another week of losing!

SP

Well done you, ...........I cant wait to be posting the same type of story. I too dont want the family to miss out on any more things because of me.

Take Care

Jackie

Hi everyone

Bobobaldy - Ur day sound Brill' and I'm sure it's give u a gr8 confidence boost, a day like that does ur heart good. It's so much more fun to be participating than waving at others enjoying themselves, and I'm sure the kids had a ball :thumbup:

When I lost 2.5st 2yrs ago we took the kids to Salou - Portaventura I had fantastic 2 wks going on all the rides, really felt young and energised and even lost 2.5lbs on return to weight watchers.

We all need good times like that. Now I've put it all back on and more... BUT... I'LL B BACK !!!

That's a fantastic post Bobobaldy.

It's things like not being able to do everyday things for fear of embarrasment or derision, that "normal" people take for granted but make our lives a misery. Your post brought a smile to my face because as a mother I know how important a day yesterday was for you.

Time is now: This is my first fill too so not sure myself what to expect timewise either. If our paths cross please come and say hi. You'll recognise me, I'll be the wee fat bird :eek: I've got light brown bobbed hair and I'll be wearing jeans and a black t- shirt. It'll have a rock band of some description on it but not sure which one coz I don't know which one I'll pull on in the morning :blink: Please say hi if you see me.

Homecare: I'll probably be away by the time you arrive :thumbup: but if you're eagerly early I'd love to meet you too :wub:

Cheers,

Vikki

Well done bobo i'm so please that you feel you can do normal things and feel comfortable now with being average. I bet you could have done these things earlier but it takes courage and confidence to enjoy to do things we have only hoped we would be able to do. It lifts everyone when someone in the group breaks out and reaches a mile stone. Woop woop.

Thanks for the kind words ladys.Ye it has made a big diffrence to or lives im getting the kids to the park more and on the bikes and my oldest is starting to get more in to it.I dont want him growing up doing the same thing as me and learning the bad habits i have.I have also being going to the swimming with my youngest who i had to get swimming lessons last year as i was to embarresed to go in myself and teach him .But now i have a bit of confidence about myself and dont feel like a beech whale going in to the pool i have taught him how to dive .So for me the op was worth every penny and i only wish i had done it years ago.Im not going for my fill in glasgow tommorow as i dont think i need it the band is doing its job for me now.:thumbup:

So im going to buy myself a new set of scales in the morning and weigh in as normal once a month.