Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

We had a fab wedding yesterday, it was really nice to get all dressed up and not feel concious about the lumps and bumps, I felt totally chilled out and happy in my body, and I think I looked fab in my new dress :laugh:

Oh im so pleased you felt good and looked stunning i bet cos that just shines to everyone else around you too. I really appreciate comments like that cos it reminds us what we're all aiming for. Well done darlin xxxxx

:thumbup:

Hi mmm

My "shape ups" r a 5 like urself I vary anything from a 4 to 5 depending on design of shoe. All my trainers are 5 so therefore I think they are true to there size. Were as mbt's are sized differently I'm a 4 1/2 in them or is it 4 3/4 I got mine from Amazon for £80 free p&p which I found to be cheaper than in shops and as they are quite new shops just don't have alot of designs and sizes.

Hope this helps

My hubby says I'm walkin like a chicken in them !! :laugh:

Best Wishes to those gettin op this week. :thumbup:

What a shame Singing Parrot, it would have been good to hook up. Good luck anyway, at least we will be there for each other straight after the op !

S.x

Hey Bev, Thats a cool idea, cus I'm tellin you now, I ain't goin back there, once this weight is off !!!. My tops are size 22 and bottoms 20. If you wear suits for work, I can give you a few. I've got a broad range of summer and winter stuff (plenty of linen trousers), so we will have to get our heads together once you start losing and arrange something. I'm regulary in Mansfield (thats where my head office is) perhaps I could meet up with you around there ??

Last time I lost all my weight I gave 6 black bags full of larger sizes to charity (some brand new!). I hope someone appreciated them !!!! (boy I could do with them now!) :lol:

S.x

OMGosh you sound like a different person. You were only just saying how you couldn't eat owt!!! I'm soooo glad you're better. I'm getting filled on 11th too, but bare in mind I've been able to eat anythig I want for weeks so desparatly needing one. Had a fish supper " fer mah tea the nicht". Ate the whole lot nae probs so roll on a FILL :lol:

Yes last week hunger has kicked in like nothing else and I really am looking forward to starting the journey to reach restriction. Dont know if I could eat a full fish supper yet but I could probably give it a darn good try. Jx:biggrin:

Hi everyone and welcome back the new bandsters. Hope you are not in too much pain and if you have a little its all worth it in the end.

I am going for my first fill on tuesday and I know it doesnt really make much difference but do you all think Ill be ok as Im flying to Florida on Sunday. I know the flight can make your band seem tighter due to air pressure. But as its my first fill didnt think it would really matter. I really dont want to miss it as i want to start my restriction journey. Jx

Any advice very much appreciated.

TIN what time is your appointment and yours fatduck?

Hey Bev, Thats a cool idea, cus I'm tellin you now, I ain't goin back there, once this weight is off !!!. My tops are size 22 and bottoms 20. If you wear suits for work, I can give you a few. I've got a broad range of summer and winter stuff (plenty of linen trousers), so we will have to get our heads together once you start losing and arrange something. I'm regulary in Mansfield (thats where my head office is) perhaps I could meet up with you around there ??

Last time I lost all my weight I gave 6 black bags full of larger sizes to charity (some brand new!). I hope someone appreciated them !!!! (boy I could do with them now!) :lol:

S.x

Ooooo that would be fab S as I do wear suits for work, I only live about 2 junctions on the M1 from Mansfield too! We should organise a lapband friends clothes sharing forum shouldnt we - any takers for size 24 suits / jackets / trousers out there? :blink:

Im starting the low fat diet tomorrow in a bid to starting on that long road (but i know that friends are throwing a 'last troff' party next week for me but every bit helps i guess) x x x

Just noticed that we're targeting the same BMI too Starsky - good motivation there for the both of us :lol:)

Hi everyone and welcome back the new bandsters. Hope you are not in too much pain and if you have a little its all worth it in the end.

I am going for my first fill on tuesday and I know it doesnt really make much difference but do you all think Ill be ok as Im flying to Florida on Sunday. I know the flight can make your band seem tighter due to air pressure. But as its my first fill didnt think it would really matter. I really dont want to miss it as i want to start my restriction journey. Jx

Any advice very much appreciated.

TIN what time is your appointment and yours fatduck?

I would email chris or fred before your fill, they've always said to do a full defill before flying for more than 4 hrs. These bands are quite expensive and you dont want to break it or make yourself ill on holls and suffer a band slip. I know its a pain waiting for the band to kick in but youve taken the biggest step and it will start to work for you. Also your BMI is quite good, it may pay to be patient. XXXMmmXXX

I would email chris or fred before your fill, they've always said to do a full defill before flying for more than 4 hrs. These bands are quite expensive and you dont want to break it or make yourself ill on holls and suffer a band slip. I know its a pain waiting for the band to kick in but youve taken the biggest step and it will start to work for you. Also your BMI is quite good, it may pay to be patient. XXXMmmXXX

Thanks MMM Im actually going with Wendy at Wls so will ask her. Jx

Hi Homecare & Time Is Now, my appointment on Tuesday is at 2:15. What time are you going to be there?

Right Guys,

Just packing my bag for Brussels as I leave on Tuesday and I have the following:

Tracksuit bottoms - elasticated waists

Crocks - slip on shoes

Cuppa Soups with no bits

Tea bags

2 cups - 1 for Garry's 'coffee'

Boiled sweets to suck on

Soluable Solpadeine

2 x books

Portable DVD player & DVD's

MP3 player

Can't get Windeeze tabs here in Ireland. Do I need Gavison?

Am I remembering everything?:cool:

Siobhain

Hi Toppings...........I've just got back from Brussels and wanted to let anyone who is going out there this week now that the nights were really hot, the hotel rooms are a little small and last night was awful. If you can, take a mozzi repeller for the room. I got bit several times..........Apart from that it sounds as though you have verything. I didnt use the windeeze (it came out on its own)

Take care....the hospital is ab fab, its so clean you could eat off of the floors.

Good luck everyone going out this week

Jackie

Welcome back jackie hope everything went well for you and that you have a speedy recovery x

MMM glad you had a good weekend and looking fab im sure.. it does make you feel good and more confident when you have lost weight, you are right about freckles, i met her in manchester and is lovely x

Hope everyone else has had a good weekend and doing well x

Bi Bev,

It's a deal, I will check my diary and let you know when I'm in Mansfield next, to give you my cast offs !! I feel like I'm doin someone a good turn, by giving my clothes to someone who actually will wear them !

Most of my suits are from Debenhams and I have to say that they are pretty new, cus I got bigger and couldn't fit into my size 18's anymore and had to buy more :)

As for my low fat diet, I can't start until Monday 24th to be honest, cus I'm working the weekend before and I get all my meals thrown in, so I can be a BIT good but why shouldn't I enjoy eating nice food in loads of restaurants for free eh ?? I promise to start on the Monday 24th, only problem, the weekend after, I'm staying with friends in Torquay for the Bank Holiday (Dartmouth Regatta) so, I know we will be eating out and I find it hard to say No to nice food :cool:

Have you got your milk thistle yet ? I bought mine from Holland and Barratt last week, so will also start to take it around 24th.

By the way, love your photo......

S.x

Homecare & Wishful you're both doing great with the weight loss, you will soon be in those smaller clothes before you know it.

Cant wait to hear from Gary, Shellangel and Jackie, hope everything's gone well today?

Anitahug, hope you feel better soon, I feel for you :cool:

S. x

Hi Starsky

Everything went fine. It was great to meet Shellangel and when we got to hospital we were in the same room, shes a lovely lady. There were six of us being banded last friday and they all went well. I'm sore now but that is only to be expected plus we had to wait around until 7.30 this evening for the flight home (not recommended) cant wait o get into my own bed.

Tae care

Jackie:wink: