Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi everyone

I haven't visited the thread for nearly a year but just popped in to say to all bandsters on the path and all would be bandsters............ it's WORTH IT :(

I was fitted with my band in June '09 in Belgium. I was fifteen and a half stone then, frumpy, grumpy and seriously unhappy and unfit. Within a year I had lost six and a half stone and have maintained my weight at nine stones. I haven't had a fill now for 6 months and still have restriction enough to maintain my weight but certainly don't rule out having another in the future. I can't eat masses but enough to be able to dine out without embarrassment and can drink like a fish :)

The drastic change to get used to, for me, is clothes shopping. My head still hasn't grasped that I'm looking for small clothes instead of XL and I'm an 8/10 instead of 22/24. That's a change that I can live with though and I'll adapt to it eventually.

Having the band fitted was the best decision I ever made in my life and it has changed my life in so many ways.

I hope for all of you on the journey or comtemplating having surgery, have the outcome that I have had and I wish you all the kindest regards and good luck

Vikki

xxx

Pearce well done on losing six stone thats fantastic the no is 07872963503 julie mackintosh

Hi wyliecat it's me Jude xx

Bloody hell Fatduck, you have done so well!!!!

Have you got before and after pics, be great to see you.

I'll have to get some taken, keep forgetting. swoon.gif

Haven't been here for a couple of months so just popping in to say hi!

After my 1st fill I couldn't feel any restriction and ate loads & felt crappy & depressed until my 2nd fill 2 weeks ago. Seems to have really done the trick and I'm finally losing weight again (hurrah!)... despite some throwing up :crying:/reflux issues :) (URG!).

Hope everyone is well... xxx

hope everybody is doing well.

well since having had my 2nd fill with a total of 5mls 3weeks ago i have lost 1lb. I am not eatting as much and at least walking 4miles twice a week but the weight is not shifting.

Bloody hell Fatduck, you have done so well!!!!

Have you got before and after pics, be great to see you.

I'll have to get some taken, keep forgetting. swoon.gif

Hi freckles, hope you ok honey!!

Hi everyone

I haven't visited the thread for nearly a year but just popped in to say to all bandsters on the path and all would be bandsters............ it's WORTH IT :thumbup:

I was fitted with my band in June '09 in Belgium. I was fifteen and a half stone then, frumpy, grumpy and seriously unhappy and unfit. Within a year I had lost six and a half stone and have maintained my weight at nine stones. I haven't had a fill now for 6 months and still have restriction enough to maintain my weight but certainly don't rule out having another in the future. I can't eat masses but enough to be able to dine out without embarrassment and can drink like a fish :laugh:

The drastic change to get used to, for me, is clothes shopping. My head still hasn't grasped that I'm looking for small clothes instead of XL and I'm an 8/10 instead of 22/24. That's a change that I can live with though and I'll adapt to it eventually.

Having the band fitted was the best decision I ever made in my life and it has changed my life in so many ways.

I hope for all of you on the journey or comtemplating having surgery, have the outcome that I have had and I wish you all the kindest regards and good luck

Vikki

xxx

well done vikki how many fills have you had,and was it slow comming off or quite fast for you,you've done great hun xx and pearce you are doing fantastic,hi freckles hope you are ok hun and how is your daughter doing x:tt2:

Hi All

Well I seem to have plenty of restriction and can only really eat cuppa Soup (chicken mainly) as it stays down! Have tried solid food and it just doesn't want to know.

My usual staples have gone out of the window and I am having difficulties in the toilet area (TMI!)

Anyway biggest difficulty is getting the Water down. It has stopped pooling now and just lots of gurgling. I am taking it that this is a sign of restriction? So tried drinking yogurt a couple of days ago and that was ok so shall start to put the pureed fruit back in as really need to get something in me. Lost a 1/2 lb and 1 inch this week so definately starting to get to the plateau.

Don't feel that I want to go fo another fill just yet. What do others think?

Have a good day all.

hi clare your doing great,i would wait untill after xmas for your fill hun otherwise you might end up being sick all the time it's just not worth it hun,i have 5.5ml in and i cant eat in the day i just have shakes and then i can manage my evening meal and a bit of choc lol im gonna get my next one in jan,im so pleased im never sick well up till now xx:lol:

hi slinky,

how r u finding ur second fill? r u losing every week?

My weight loss slow. Need to exercise more I think. It's my weigh day tomorrow and don't think I've lost anything this week. I should be grateful that I haven't out on. Keeping everything crossed that a pound comes off by the morning. 2nd week of mushy starts tomorrow. And .... This forum is quiet, where is everyone??

hi slinky,

how r u finding ur second fill? r u losing every week?

i think my second fill was great i only eat normally once a day but the scales have stayed the same,but i think im losing inches instead of weight at the min how you going:thumbup:

Hi everyone ive never done this before so you will have to forgive me.Ive been reading everyones blogs and i feel i know you all personally.Ive just booked with Dr chris to get my gastric band done on 16th feb wanted to get christmas over with and needed to save some more.Im a bit scared but also excited.Thanks to this sight i roughly know what to expect.If anyone is going around this time i would love to hear from you as i am traveling on my own.:(

Hi everyone.. hope you are all good.. first fill tomorrow so will write a little more tomorrow. 4 weeks post op today and feel really good, lost 1 and half stone.. no pain.. only little problem and thats getting a bit of potato stuck.. urghhh horrible really hurts.. apart from that feel good... :(

Hi everyone ive never done this before so you will have to forgive me.Ive been reading everyones blogs and i feel i know you all personally.Ive just booked with Dr chris to get my gastric band done on 16th feb wanted to get christmas over with and needed to save some more.Im a bit scared but also excited.Thanks to this sight i roughly know what to expect.If anyone is going around this time i would love to hear from you as i am traveling on my own.:blushing:

hi sara and welcome,isin't it great to get encouregement from this site,i too after reading this site booked my band and so pleased i did,as you say you get to know the people writing in and you feel as if you know exactly what is going to happen cause nothing is left out good and bad,if there is anything you need to know hun just ask as they are all fab xxx:thumbup:

Hello everone, I've just booked my band op with dr chris 30th nov. can't wait!. . . this forum has been a great help.

weight.png

Edited by llama