Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Slinky - Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!

Wow what a relief and now it's sorted I'll tell you the story of the last few weeks. I had my last fill in the middle of May (3rd fill to bring me up to 6ml) and everything was fine, was starting to feel some restriction and loving it. Then for some reason around the end of August, I started to struggle. I had good days and bad days, but on the bad days I struggled to get anything down and I was getting reflux all night every night. I started to panic at the end of last week because I was even bringing Water back up so I came on here to ask if anyone knew where I could get an emergency de-fill.

Thankfully it was just before the site was taken down for "improvements" (yeah right) and Slinky gave me Julie's number. I called Julie who was very helpful and advised me there are two ladies that can do the de-fills, one in London and the other in Glasgow. That was a bit of a blow as I live in Preston, almost exactly half way between the two!! But I was desperate so I checked out trains then phoned the lady from Glasgow on Friday evening. Her name is Mary and she is marvellous!! I said I'd give her a mention on here. She agreed to see me first thing Saturday morning and even offered to come and pick me up from the local train station!!

She did the de-fill in her house and for some reason could only get 4ml out of my band when there was supposed to be 6ml in it (odd). Anyway, she put 1ml back in as apparently this is best to retain the shape of the band. Instant relief!! I GULPED down a huge glas of water, it's the nicest drink I've ever had in my life!!

So, Mary has been trained by Chris Deprez and is authorised to do the de-fills and if anything goes wrong it's covered with CDB. I said I'd post her number on here in case anyone ever needs it, it's 07763 697120. She is lovely and has been banded herself so knows exactly what we are all experiencing.

Once again Slinky, thank you so much.

Slinky - Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!

Wow what a relief and now it's sorted I'll tell you the story of the last few weeks. I had my last fill in the middle of May (3rd fill to bring me up to 6ml) and everything was fine, was starting to feel some restriction and loving it. Then for some reason around the end of August, I started to struggle. I had good days and bad days, but on the bad days I struggled to get anything down and I was getting reflux all night every night. I started to panic at the end of last week because I was even bringing Water back up so I came on here to ask if anyone knew where I could get an emergency de-fill.

Thankfully it was just before the site was taken down for "improvements" (yeah right) and Slinky gave me Julie's number. I called Julie who was very helpful and advised me there are two ladies that can do the de-fills, one in London and the other in Glasgow. That was a bit of a blow as I live in Preston, almost exactly half way between the two!! But I was desperate so I checked out trains then phoned the lady from Glasgow on Friday evening. Her name is Mary and she is marvellous!! I said I'd give her a mention on here. She agreed to see me first thing Saturday morning and even offered to come and pick me up from the local train station!!

She did the de-fill in her house and for some reason could only get 4ml out of my band when there was supposed to be 6ml in it (odd). Anyway, she put 1ml back in as apparently this is best to retain the shape of the band. Instant relief!! I GULPED down a huge glas of water, it's the nicest drink I've ever had in my life!!

So, Mary has been trained by Chris Deprez and is authorised to do the de-fills and if anything goes wrong it's covered with CDB. I said I'd post her number on here in case anyone ever needs it, it's 07763 697120. She is lovely and has been banded herself so knows exactly what we are all experiencing.

Once again Slinky, thank you so much.

your welcome hun glad you got sorted,thats what this site is for,we are all here to support and help eachother,i hope there is someone there for me when i need help lol,jojo your doing great bet you feel good qabout yourself now well done hun xxx

Jojo I'm so glad you got sorted out. Being overfilled is just awful isn't it? What a relief you must've felt!! I'm waiting for a refill after having 2.5mls out a few weeks back due to the acid reflux. It's awful isn't it. I got the best nights sleep in ages after the defill!

Slinky I wish I was more motivated like you and did some exercise. I really want to join a gym but hubby is away now and I've got 2 little ones so not really possible. I'm still waiting for my Wii from last Christmas! Maybe I could get Wii fit????????

Mummies - ur doing so well with the weight loss. I'm feeling a little disheartened at the moment, I can eat anything and everything in any amounts. I panic every so often but I need to keep telling myself I've done well and I'm taking a step backwards to take 2 forwards. I just love the feeling of control over food the band helped me with. Before being banded I often felt out of control where food was concerned which I hated. I never want to feel like that again!!

Freckles - I iwll have to try that Protein Drink when I get refilled. I'm praying I can have some restriction but no acid. Pleasssssssssssssssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Scooby ahve a good moan - it's what we're here for to be supportive and honest to each other!! I'm getting impatient now, especially as I've told quite a told of people about my band I feel like I'm being watched!! I just want to lose another couple of stone and stay there. I'm starting to feel human again.

Yeah what the hell have they done to this site!! I thoguht it was may computer playing up!!

Nearly the weekend guys..........................!!

well done claire youve done great you can see you have lost a fair bit of weight,i think my walking is working wonders my body shape has changed alot more than my weight loss,

Thank you. Are you measuring your inch loss? I find that this is an amazing motivator! After a while there is a steady pattern to the loss and then you might have a fill and loss more and then it evens out again. I measure neck,topof chest (Over breasts) under breasts, waist, around stomach, hips, tops of legs and top of arms.

Well done on the changing shape it's lovely isn't it. We have to remember that it'snot a race and that actually slow weight loss over a period of time is better than all off in one go.

How's the eating side of things? Still only able to eat at 5pm?

I can manage (just) some yohurt, Water, coffee, cuppa Soup bit nothing solid as it just doesn't stay there! So I will stick to soup until Jan when this is my next fill and see if the restrictions eases off!! (Fingers crossed) I think Iam struggling energy wise so herbalife shakes have been a godsend!

Have a good day and take care.

Jojo I'm so glad you got sorted out. Being overfilled is just awful isn't it? What a relief you must've felt!! I'm waiting for a refill after having 2.5mls out a few weeks back due to the acid reflux. It's awful isn't it. I got the best nights sleep in ages after the defill!

Slinky I wish I was more motivated like you and did some exercise. I really want to join a gym but hubby is away now and I've got 2 little ones so not really possible. I'm still waiting for my Wii from last Christmas! Maybe I could get Wii fit????????

Mummies - ur doing so well with the weight loss. I'm feeling a little disheartened at the moment, I can eat anything and everything in any amounts. I panic every so often but I need to keep telling myself I've done well and I'm taking a step backwards to take 2 forwards. I just love the feeling of control over food the band helped me with. Before being banded I often felt out of control where food was concerned which I hated. I never want to feel like that again!!

Freckles - I iwll have to try that Protein drink when I get refilled. I'm praying I can have some restriction but no acid. Pleasssssssssssssssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Scooby ahve a good moan - it's what we're here for to be supportive and honest to each other!! I'm getting impatient now, especially as I've told quite a told of people about my band I feel like I'm being watched!! I just want to lose another couple of stone and stay there. I'm starting to feel human again.

Yeah what the hell have they done to this site!! I thoguht it was may computer playing up!!

Nearly the weekend guys..........................!!

sammy your motivation will come in time hun i know it's hard with two little ones my youngest and last little one has just started nursery so i have a bit more free time,i did buy a tread mill and hardley used it lol and a excercise bike and after all that i take my two dogs on a two mile walk each day and go to a spinning class,daft arn't i lol,how is your weight loss going hun :D

Thank you. Are you measuring your inch loss? I find that this is an amazing motivator! After a while there is a steady pattern to the loss and then you might have a fill and loss more and then it evens out again. I measure neck,topof chest (Over breasts) under breasts, waist, around stomach, hips, tops of legs and top of arms.

Well done on the changing shape it's lovely isn't it. We have to remember that it'snot a race and that actually slow weight loss over a period of time is better than all off in one go.

How's the eating side of things? Still only able to eat at 5pm?

I can manage (just) some yohurt, Water, coffee, cuppa Soup bit nothing solid as it just doesn't stay there! So I will stick to soup until Jan when this is my next fill and see if the restrictions eases off!! (Fingers crossed) I think Iam struggling energy wise so herbalife shakes have been a godsend!

Have a good day and take care.

hi claire,i will measure myself i have some old measurements to go by so must do that,as for the after 5 oclock eating,no i can now eat lunch and my appetite is comming back again,so thinking should i have got a fill a couple of weeks ago whe they were here,they are doing a clinic in dec but that's too close to christmas so think i will just eat and wait till jan lol,are clinic is always empty we can just turn up so it's not too bad hope your doing well hun take care:P

Hi all

I saw Dr Chris Duprez at the London clinic for my 4th fill today, and he managed to get 1.5ml in taking me up to 7.5ml.

I am delighted he managed to get so much in, and boy can I feel it even just drinking a cuppa.

We had a really good chat about me getting a bit disheartened at only losing 6lbs since my last fill in June, which is why he said he get whatever he could in, and the fact that it had really slowed down was a good indication I needed quite a bit more.

He also said that he thought this would probably be my last one for a good while, possibly for good, but if I really felt I still needed more restriction to make sure I go back in 4-6 weeks and not leave it so long.

My fault really for leaving it but I did have a holiday inbetween without then having to have a defill.

Fingers crossed that this is the one!

Good luck all xx

Hi all

I saw Dr Chris Duprez at the London clinic for my 4th fill today, and he managed to get 1.5ml in taking me up to 7.5ml.

I am delighted he managed to get so much in, and boy can I feel it even just drinking a cuppa.

We had a really good chat about me getting a bit disheartened at only losing 6lbs since my last fill in June, which is why he said he get whatever he could in, and the fact that it had really slowed down was a good indication I needed quite a bit more.

He also said that he thought this would probably be my last one for a good while, possibly for good, but if I really felt I still needed more restriction to make sure I go back in 4-6 weeks and not leave it so long.

My fault really for leaving it but I did have a holiday inbetween without then having to have a defill.

Fingers crossed that this is the one!

Good luck all xx

I may have spoken to soon, not been able to sleep due to contstant gurgling when I lie down, even when propped up on pillows. Have bought up some slime, yuk, but when sitting up fully I can sip Water and hot tea and it is going down just making me burp lots.

Praying its not an overfill having just scraped the money together to finally have this fill : (

Any advise welcome please

Thanks xx

hi all... site actually looks nice! lol.... so I need a bit of advice, my mum and daughter have got a dreaded sickness bug and are vomiting excessively.. obviously I have to clear up after my daughter but am worried about if I get it, my mum was really bad with it and was sick for 12 hours. Does anyone know what I need to do if I get it? or will it do no harm.... thanks everyone.. oh hope no one is just after their dinner .. sorry

I may have spoken to soon, not been able to sleep due to contstant gurgling when I lie down, even when propped up on pillows. Have bought up some slime, yuk, but when sitting up fully I can sip Water and hot tea and it is going down just making me burp lots.

Praying its not an overfill having just scraped the money together to finally have this fill : (

Thanks xx

hi patty im not too sre hn maybe someone who know will reply if i was you i would just take your fluids and see if it settles in a few days hun good luck xx

hi all... site actually looks nice! lol.... so I need a bit of advice, my mum and daughter have got a dreaded sickness bug and are vomiting excessively.. obviously I have to clear up after my daughter but am worried about if I get it, my mum was really bad with it and was sick for 12 hours. Does anyone know what I need to do if I get it? or will it do no harm.... thanks everyone.. oh hope no one is just after their dinner .. sorry

you should be ok lillibo as your band isnt too tight at the min just hold on to your port area if you are sick as when i am that is where it hurts lol,if you do get it hun just stick to fluids hope you are ok xx;)

Thanks xx

Hi FP

It does sound like its possibly slightly too tight, I would make sure you drink plenty of fluids, Dr Chris told me Hot Drinks stretch the band so that might help. Cold drinks cause the Fluid in the band to tighten but can ease heartburn.

I would avoid food at all costs for few days but drink plenty of thin Soups so you are getting some nutrition or perhaps even Protein Drinks

Your body will be shocked at the band being tightened so much and possibly stomach is a little swollen but a few days rest should let it settle down

Let us all know how you are

K xx

Hi All, and Slinky and Scooby thank you for replying.

Well I have lost 6lbs since having the fill on Thursday, but it has not been the most pleasant experience!

So after posting in the early hours of Friday morning I continued being ill and bringing up slime and any sips of Water I took and could not lie down, was up all night and went to work for 7am and proceeded to be ill another 5 times before I could speak with Julie at 9am.

I queried that after the fill it felt tight drinking the water which did go down but made me burp alot (which I also queried at the clinic and was told this was normal at full restriction) and she again said that was normal, and that because I was getting over a cold and was very gunky that was probably why I was bringing up slime and bile as that would struggle to pass the band. She said continue on liquids only and if after 3 days had issues then to come back for emergency defill.

Now I also had a fever yesterday so thought that perhaps I had the sicky bug as I seemed to be bringing up way more than I was actually drinking. I have manged to sleep in only 20 minute bursts and have woke choking a few times, but last night and this morning managed a tiny amount of ice cream which I thought I should try in case I had swelling. I have also had wicked heartburn which has caused some pain at times.

Today Ive only been sick 3 times, and have felt alot better and managed half a cup of hot chocolate Protein Shake Meal Replacement (from Tesco, not bad tasting actually) and a sip of water at a time, however hubs just made me a cup of tea, had a couple of sips, waited a while then got heartburn which took my breath away and made me leap up and I just made it to the loo and I bought up the hot chocolate which I had over an hour ago.

So, clearly now that the band is so tight anything I drink stays in my little tum above the band for ages, so I need to learn to space out the drinking and sipping. But is the heartburn normal or because its too tight?

I know I still need to leave it another day or so for everything to adjust as its not been this tight before, and I am trying not to worry about things but going from hardly any restriction to full on restriction is quite scary I have to say, but the weight loss is fabulous ;)

Has anyone had this and it has settled on its own, or is a defill the only answer?

Many thanks for the advise xx

Hello All

Weighed yesterday and had lost another 2 lbs and 2 inches so up to 49 pounds officially (3 stones 7 pounds) and 42 inches. So pleased. Restriction is still there after I had the fill in October and still only really managing cuppa Soup and shakes. Feel a bit funny at times and ewalise when I am hungry when the others in the family heat up food so then know it's time to eat! Finding it difficult to eat first thing but can manage tea and coffee.

Anyway hope everyone is doing well and taking care of themselves.

Have a lovely weekend.

Well I have lost 6lbs since having the fill on Thursday, but it has not been the most pleasant experience!

I queried that after the fill it felt tight drinking the Water which did go down but made me burp alot (which I also queried at the clinic and was told this was normal at full restriction) and she again said that was normaShe said continue on liquids only and if after 3 days had issues then to come back for emergency defill.

Today Ive only been sick 3 times, and have felt alot better and managed half a cup of hot chocolate Protein Shake meal replacement (from Tesco, not bad tasting actually) and a sip of water at a time, however hubs just made me a cup of tea, had a couple of sips, waited a while then got heartburn which took my breath away and made me leap up and I just made it to the loo and I bought up the hot chocolate which I had over an hour ago.

So, clearly now that the band is so tight anything I drink stays in my little tum above the band for ages, so I need to learn to space out the drinking and sipping. But is the heartburn normal or because its too tight?

I know I still need to leave it another day or so for everything to adjust as its not been this tight before, and I am trying not to worry about things but going from hardly any restriction to full on restriction is quite scary I have to say, but the weight loss is fabulous ;)

Has anyone had this and it has settled on its own, or is a defill the only answer?

Many thanks for the advise xx

This is exactly how I have been since my October fill the first week after it all I could manage was warm water nothing else, then I managed to have lucozade (defizzed!!!) and managed to keep that down for a day then lost the contents of my stomach that evening with lots of bile!

I spoke with the emergency defill number and she advised to stick with what worked i.e. the hot water! Cold just wouldn't do anything if anything it made it worse for me.

Anyway after 7 days I was able to keep cuppa Soup down and since then have teied proper food but it wont stay and so I resort to cuppa soup! I look at it that yes I have had good weightloss since this fill (16 pounds) but I am so concous of what I am now having and not having. I have doubled up on my Vitamins etc and have a double cuppa soup if I feel that my energy levels are completely depleted and have herbalife shake added to anythign that will stay put. Drinking yoghurt has been good too and more recently yoghurt.

See how you feel and then decided whether you need to perservere or go for a defill.

HTH - I know not really an answer but it's nice to know there is someone else out there who is also going through the same. My family are quite worried but I have to keep reassuring them this is ok and this is what I signed up for!!

I had a clothes trying on session today and have had a wonderful time recycling my size 20+ clothes. I had a wonderful shock that I can get back into my beautiful black Jaeger suit (16 skirt and 18 jacket) and I was wearing high heels which I haven't done since my knee op in 2008!

Hope you can work through this and restriction gets less or allows more things to go down.

Keep us posted and message if you want any support. From the same boat take care.....