Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

hello all,

back and BANDED!

flights were chaos with the weather but got there and had my op on tuesday, 30th Nov. Sore and stiff but not chucked up yet. I'm now back at home with my lovely hubby and daughter.

7lbs down from monday.

Good luck to everyone else going out to dr chris, great team.

LLama

well done llama,wont it be fab cause as your losing weight,people will start noticing from jan on and will think your on a diet,you got it at a good time lol

I know I struggled to find it after my computer crashed!! Then I remembered reading how you'd found it so I did the same! So much for improvements! Still no change here, starving all the time and eating anything and everything. Thankfully fill is a week on Saturday. I realise just what an amazing tool this is as in effect I feel like I don't have it at the moment and I soooooo want it back!! I've put on best part of half a stone. Yes I've eaten a lot more but also have been able to eat a lot of fruit and veg which I often struggled with inc clementines which are usually very hard to get down because of the skin. Roll on a week Saturday before I regret getting rid of my bigger clothes!!! :lol:

you are doing well hun i eat everything in sight at least you will have it done for the jan diet season lol

well done llama,wont it be fab cause as your losing weight,people will start noticing from jan on and will think your on a diet,you got it at a good time lol

feel a bit gippy this morning, did you try porridge? is that liquid enough?

Hello

Congratulations to those that have been banded recently your journey has started and I hope you have an amazing experience and lose lots!

Update on my weightloss I weighed again today and have lost a total of 51 pounds and 43.5 inches in 18 weeks. Feel marvellous and after my clothes trying on exercise last weekend now feel very motivated for the next 50 pounds, so bring it on! Still only really managing cuppa Soup and some Soups with chunky bits. Tried some chicken again a few nights ago and decided this wasn't such a good idea nor did my stomach (IYKWIM!)

Anyway, am really feeling the cold and hating this part of it and have so many layers on. I can't wait to go to the States and be in the sunshine. Perhaps I will stay permanently if the weather is good. (Only joking!)

Anyway for those that are struggling don't lose heart the cold doesn't help as you need to bulk up. I am managing with the soups and porridge! Need to start having the pureed fruit again and drinking water!

Have a lovely weekend.

Take care

Claire

feel a bit gippy this morning, did you try porridge? is that liquid enough?

:rolleyes:

well done claire your flying hun well done,llama porridge might be a bit heavy i had shakes for Breakfast and lunch and tom Soup for evening tea for 10 days then went on to porrige milky and weetabix xx

Hi everyone, finally found this thread :( took me long enough lol! Can't believe i'm getting banded a week on Thursday!!! Oh I am getting so NERVOUS! Feel sick thinking about it! Hope everyone is ok and not suffering too much with the snow. I have been snowed in since Monday but finally got out today to the shops :) xx

Congrats to all those getting banded, just banded and the peeps who have lost loads xxx.

Sammy dont fret sweetheart you know the weight will come off again.

I know I'll put on a bit over xmas with having a de-fill on Thursday, I cant wait, cos this acid is driving me nutz!!!

my daughter goes the same time to have her first fill and she cant wait either lol.

I hope you two girlies who have flights booked, have discussed it with your fill person, cos flights over 3 or 4 hours do cause your band to tighten.

Just worried about you both, cos you do need to drink plenty, and if the band tightens too much you wont be able to. Just be cautious.

My Mum has been in hospital she now has DVT and is very confused, at 95 she doesnt need to be in hospital to traumatise her, which it always does.

But the carers at the home were only doing their job, when they called an ambulance, they were worried cos Mum fell and they thought her leg was broken, luckily it wasnt but then the clot was spotted, so am so glad they were alert.

Hi everyone,

Sorry i havent been on for so long...between my computer crashing and not being able to find the site again but spent the last few hours reading through the posts.

Freckles, sorry to hear about your mum, I hope everything works out okay. How is your daughter getting on, I know she was banded the week before me.

Slinky, well done with the weightloss, I see the ticker moving..

Claire - a real inspiration to us all and I know you'll have no problem with the next 50 ;-)

To everyone else that has just been banded or going to be banded, good luck with the journey - no regrets.

I am getting on well so far. Banded a month ago and have 16lbs off (going to try to sort a ticker out) but I have to say that most of that was in the first two weeks. Daisy and I were booked in for a fill in Dublin on thursday past as they werent doing Belfast in December. We took the day off work, travelled the whole way down, to arrive at our location (wet and cold from all the snow - Dublin was chaos) to find out Freddy had cancelled the clinic due to bad weather and hadnt let us know - not impressed. Sent him an e-mail and waiting on a reply though to be fair, they are usually very much on the ball. The only thing is now not getting our first fill to January and really wanted a push start. Slinky - do you go to Belfast for your fills??

Still very much on a learning curve regarding the band - somethings so down easily enough, others (chicken etc) often get stuck. Though what goes down some days struggles the next.

I hope everyone is well.

Best wishes,

RC

Well it been just over 4 weeks since my surgery and I am feeling really low at the minute. I was supposed to get my 1st fill in Dublin on Tuesday. so Rosie & I travelled down in the snow only to find clinic cancelled. Was some what PO'ed as they didn't even try to contact us but they managed to let the people the rent the space from know early in the day. Now it will be Jan before i can get my fill and now fighting the urge to eat everything I see.

So to top off a great day on my way back home on the train we had to get off at Portadown wait over an hour in the cold for a bus to Belfast and then because of the traffic missed my connecting train. Was very cold and miserable at this point but then my lovely dad drove to Belfast and gave me a lift home.

Well moan over and good luck to everyone who has booked to get there band and great work for all those losing as you are giving me hope at the moment

Congrats to all those getting banded, just banded and the peeps who have lost loads xxx.

Sammy dont fret sweetheart you know the weight will come off again.

I know I'll put on a bit over xmas with having a de-fill on Thursday, I cant wait, cos this acid is driving me nutz!!!

my daughter goes the same time to have her first fill and she cant wait either lol.

I hope you two girlies who have flights booked, have discussed it with your fill person, cos flights over 3 or 4 hours do cause your band to tighten.

Just worried about you both, cos you do need to drink plenty, and if the band tightens too much you wont be able to. Just be cautious.

My Mum has been in hospital she now has DVT and is very confused, at 95 she doesnt need to be in hospital to traumatise her, which it always does.

But the carers at the home were only doing their job, when they called an ambulance, they were worried cos Mum fell and they thought her leg was broken, luckily it wasnt but then the clot was spotted, so am so glad they were alert.

nice to c ya back freckles,pity about your mum,they defo do get confused in hospital and then all the messing about with test and all hope she is back in her home soon,bet ya daughter is excited getting her first fill lol

Hi everyone,

Sorry i havent been on for so long...between my computer crashing and not being able to find the site again but spent the last few hours reading through the posts.

Freckles, sorry to hear about your mum, I hope everything works out okay. How is your daughter getting on, I know she was banded the week before me.

Slinky, well done with the weightloss, I see the ticker moving..

Claire - a real inspiration to us all and I know you'll have no problem with the next 50 ;-)

To everyone else that has just been banded or going to be banded, good luck with the journey - no regrets.

I am getting on well so far. Banded a month ago and have 16lbs off (going to try to sort a ticker out) but I have to say that most of that was in the first two weeks. Daisy and I were booked in for a fill in Dublin on thursday past as they werent doing Belfast in December. We took the day off work, travelled the whole way down, to arrive at our location (wet and cold from all the snow - Dublin was chaos) to find out Freddy had cancelled the clinic due to bad weather and hadnt let us know - not impressed. Sent him an e-mail and waiting on a reply though to be fair, they are usually very much on the ball. The only thing is now not getting our first fill to January and really wanted a push start. Slinky - do you go to Belfast for your fills??

Still very much on a learning curve regarding the band - somethings so down easily enough, others (chicken etc) often get stuck. Though what goes down some days struggles the next.

I hope everyone is well.

Best wishes,

RC

[/quo

poor you and daisy i would have lost the head going that far hun,yes i get my fill in belfast hun,im going for my next one in january,i thought freddy said he was doing fills in december around the 16th have you checked with julie to see,i was like you i got banded in the end of july and didnt get my first fill until october because they werent over that month i needed them,anyway hun when you get your first fill it dosnt really do much other than fill the band ready for tightening for the next time,so make sure you again the following month and get your second fill hun because that is when you will really feel it xx

Hi all

Nice to see some more peeps back on here, and welcome newbies.

Sorry to hear about your mum Freckles.

I am still struggling with anything more than sips of Water, cranberry juice and 1-2 cup a Soups a day, and after losing 12lbs in the 7 days post 4th fill, I have some how gone back up 1.5lbs in the last 2 days???

How does that work??? I thought it would carry on just falling off . . .

Really missing tea and coffee, makes me nauseous, & can't even manage to pass my trusty crispbreads or sloppy mash. Think I will be having just a sniff of a crimbo dinner at this rate :(

Also freezing cold and in this weather too have really struggled. I've been in an all in one fleecy adult baby grow, extra socks, hoody, scarf, and gloves, with heating on and still had hands and feet like ice cubes. Mind you I remember feeling like that a good few weeks post op.

fingers crossed for the next few weeks, and good luck everyone xxx

I am still struggling with anything more than sips of Water, cranberry juice and 1-2 cup a Soups a day, and after losing 12lbs in the 7 days post 4th fill, I have some how gone back up 1.5lbs in the last 2 days???

How does that work??? I thought it would carry on just falling off . . .

Really missing tea and coffee, makes me nauseous, & can't even manage to pass my trusty crispbreads or sloppy mash. Think I will be having just a sniff of a crimbo dinner at this rate :(

Also freezing cold and in this weather too have really struggled. I've been in an all in one fleecy adult baby grow, extra socks, hoody, scarf, and gloves, with heating on and still had hands and feet like ice cubes. Mind you I remember feeling like that a good few weeks post op.

fingers crossed for the next few weeks, and good luck everyone xxx

Hello

Not sure why you would put on but stick with what will go down I know it can be a bit boring but if you can keep those things down and they don't make you feel sick you are getting some nutrition. Are you having any nutritional supplement - shakes (Herbalife) etc that may help to keep the nutrition going in.

I have only managed to have crackerbreads once in the last 6 weeks and then they were trying to make their minds up about whether to stay or go!

I have resigned myself to the fact that Christmas dinner will be a very small portion that I may be able to keep hold of or perhaps not so making sure I have some nice hearty soups in just in case. We will be away so having to make sure lots of bases are covered.

As for the cold - ditto absolutely freezing and can't quite believe how many layers I have on. I am wearing my boots indoors and they are lovely furry New Zealand sheepskins so you can imageine how cold my feet are with very thick socks.

Take it easy on yourself and try to do little and often and stick with the things that work for you.

Also don't hop on and off the scales - I know easier said than done! But our weight fluctuates a lot so pick one day in the week and record on that day and yes you may find you get on the next day and have a lost another pound and a ha;lf but the day after you may have put on a pound and a half. Stay positive and hope this helps. If not shout, rant and rave at me over cyberspace.

Take care

Claire

Hi All,

Slinky thanks for the encouragement, well I am feeling better today as I got weighed when I went to see my GP and l managed to lose 1/2 a stone in the past 3 weeks with my empty band. FattyPatty I agree with Claire if you can use some sort of liquid Meal Replacement with Vitamins & minerals this would be good from a nutrition point or if you cannot stomach that then an adult liquid tonic from the chemist.

Good luck to everyone over the next few weeks.

Hello Eveyone

Not been on this for while......Got banded in May 08 and slowly i have been losing weight was great at the start but now it has slowed down.

Got my 1st fill in May 09 and they only put in 3ml....when i wanted 5ml......€120 or 3ml if saline liquid i must be mad!!!

Getting my 2nd fill 06/01/11 in Dublin. I am going to push for 5mls this time! Hopefully i will get it.....My Friend is getting Married in July and i want a lovely dress for it!!

Take care

Mandy