Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi Guy's

Haven't been on hear for a while,i had my band done with Dr Chris March 2009 very happy up to now cant believe how tight my band is all of a sudden, i eat a bit of pear tart last Thursday i no very bold OMG got very sick after not just the pear tart came up but everything fell i might have strained something i tried to eat mushes over the weekend just made things worse have been introuble ever since I'm trying to sit it out , i feel like i have a golf ball at the back of my throat i can get liquids down very slowly trying not to panic i keeping thinking my band might have slipped has anyone experience this any of the oldies might have experience this any advice would be great :)

hi sher hun chin up and you too laila,i got 2.5 my second fill and it has really made a difference so sher if you get another l or 1.5ml next time you will feel it hun and your next fill you will to laila,i think its helped me walking my dogs everyday for about 40 mins,but so far so good :)

hi slinky... you doing well girl!! how come he put 2.5ml in yours he said the max was 2ml that was with fredrick!!

hi slinky... you doing well girl!! how come he put 2.5ml in yours he said the max was 2ml that was with fredrick!!

hi laila i dont think frederik would have put the extra in chris deprez said he would put as much in as he could i was so pleased the other girl i was talking to there could only fit the 2ml she wasnt pleased as she wanted the 2.5 lol,i hope is chris deprez next time i go lol xx:thumbup:

Hi guys

not been on for a while due to work commitments.

I'm 6 weeks post op today and have only lost 10lbs. I am not overeating or eating fatty foods. If anything I'm verging on being a bit miserable.

My shoulder pain has remained a problem - I ended up in A&E 2weeks ago with it. They are recommending steroid injections.

I had my first fill 2 weeks ago - 3cc - the nurse (wendy at WLS) said she expected at least a 7lb weight loss in the following month.

Well I got a bit of a head start on that by losing 3lbs in 48 hrs last week cos I picked up a gastric bug. It was evil but shortlived.

Since then I have lost no further weight.

I can't tolerate bread or chicken - both have made me pb very badly recently. That golf ball in the chest feeling is awful. I'm not enjoying eating anymore.

Can anyone give me some advice please? Thanks x

Edited by lemma1968

Hi guys

not been on for a while due to work commitments.

I'm 6 weeks post op today and have only lost 10lbs. I am not overeating or eating fatty foods. If anything I'm verging on being a bit miserable.

My shoulder pain has remained a problem - I ended up in A&E 2weeks ago with it. They are recommending steroid injections.

I had my first fill 2 weeks ago - 3cc - the nurse (wendy at WLS) said she expected at least a 7lb weight loss in the following month.

Well I got a bit of a head start on that by losing 3lbs in 48 hrs last week cos I picked up a gastric bug. It was evil but shortlived.

Since then I have lost no further weight.

I can't tolerate bread or chicken - both have made me pb very badly recently. That golf ball in the chest feeling is awful. I'm not enjoying eating anymore.

Can anyone give me some advice please? Thanks x

how is your daughter now freckles,and i hope rosie cheeks and daisy are ok,lemma my weight loss was slow i lost 14lb for weeks as well but when i got second fill it started moving again so maybe when you get next fill it will help dont know about shoulder pain hun i never had it but hopw you sort it out:blink:

Not sure you would need to email his general manager - Frederik and ask him for some advice.

HTH

Dr Chris and his team are fantastic!

Claire

Hi I had a hernia repair whilst having the op, when you read the surgery info book for your band it states in there it must be done if found during surgery.

Still the hernia opp is about 2k so not bad value when you get it done for free.

Never know I had one but after the repair I never suffered heartburn again.

Never looked back since my lap band opp.

Shopping g is so much fun

Sorry I havent been around, been too busy with one thing and another, and so tired too.

I could hardly eat when we went to belgium, dont know if it was the flight or what.

I foolishly ate a little sandwich on the flight which I had made myself, no crusts. When we got off I thought I was going to throw up and had to walk around, for the feeling to pass.

My daughter is delighted with her op, her scars are tiny, and I think that may have been that her tummy was so flat after the liposuction, so dr chris didnt have loads of fat in the way lol, like when I had mine done.:)

One of her incisions was done almost in her belly button, so doesnt even show.

She didnt have any gas pain, and feels good.

In fact she was wondering what all the fuss was about, with some of the ladies. but its obviously different for each person, some people have a lower pain threshold than others, and nobody knows how another person feels.

The only fault I had with the staff in the hospital was lack of feedback. I put that down to the language barrier, apart from that they were all superb.

I had to ask Dr Chris how my daughter was, as she was still in recovery when he came to the ward to see the 2 other girls, he didnt offer to tell me until I asked.

But all in all, the package was marvellous, I wish I had known about this before I was banded in the Bupa.

Thank you girls for sending your good wishes, I do appreciate them all. xxxx

Slinx i am so sorry about your loss, you must have felt dreadful.

My weight loss was very slow initially, I thought the band was not going to work for me.

But have faith girlies, it will.

Since I've been back (since sunday) I have put on a few pounds!!! gawd knows what thats all about, but I know it will come off again so I dont worry anymore.

We met a lovely Mum and her daughter while we were in Belgium, the Mum had been banded 6 years earlier and had lost 9 stone!!! She was so slim she looked great, and she was a lovely person, we had such a chuckle together.

Her daughter was 19 and wasnt much overweight, but felt it was spoiling her life and wanted to lose a few stones, which she just couldnt lose.

Hats off to her I say, why not enjoy your youth if losing weight will make you feel better about yourself.

We stayed at the hospital for the 12 hours whilst our daughters were banded, and I must say it was great to have someone there to go and have a coffee and smoke with, and enjoy chatting.

It really made the day/evening go fast. Our daughters were

in beds next to each other and enjoyed the company.

Chris Deprez came to the hotel the night before the surgery and he is so lovely, he had given me a fill once in Manchester and he was so kind.

So dont be scared girls, all is great in belgium. I'm so glad I went with my daughter.

Hi everyone,

Just thought I would pop in to let you all know that Daisy and I have just arrived on home soil.

Everything went according to plan we were told and just really greatful to everyone for all their wonderful advice before we went - it really mad eit so much easier.

for anyone thinking about going for it - would highly recommend Dr Chris and his fantastic team - nothing a bother.

Daisy and I along with my sister arrived at the hotel on monday pm and on arrival we met a few others soon to be bandsters so we had a good chat with them. They have never been on the forum but we gave them the forum details and hope that they will pop in - they were all super. One of the ladies partner who was with her had lost 70kg 2 years after being banded with Chris and is still losing - a good inspiration to get us started. Chris DePrez came to talk to us all that evening (6 of us in total) and explained what was going to happen the next day.

Everything went as planned - Daisy and I were down early in the morning - my op about 10.30 and back on ward for about 1.30 (approx). Apart from a very dry mouth and throat which I believe is due to the anthesthetic, and being a bit sore around the drain, we both had a comfortable night (as did our new friends). Yesterday then we got our drains taken out and x-rayed (after drinking the barium meal - gladly no side effects!:)) and after a chat with Dr Chris and frederik :eek: again we were discharged around lunchtime (only after our Soup and crackers though).

Frederik called over to the hotel last night and done a quick check on us and was happy with us.

So far we have had a good experience - the staff we found very helpful and obliging with the pain relief. Wound is still a bit sore but no more than to be expected. It is easing daily and we had a relatively comfortable journey home.

I suppose now the journey really begins - we will be relying on all you to keep us right. Anyone thinking about it - please ask questions.

Slinky - sorry to hear about your bereavement.

Freckles - glad all went well with your daughter.

Away to bed for an hours rest,

chat soon xx

Hi everyone,

Just thought I would pop in to let you all know that Daisy and I have just arrived on home soil.

Everything went according to plan we were told and just really greatful to everyone for all their wonderful advice before we went - it really mad eit so much easier.

for anyone thinking about going for it - would highly recommend Dr Chris and his fantastic team - nothing a bother.

Daisy and I along with my sister arrived at the hotel on monday pm and on arrival we met a few others soon to be bandsters so we had a good chat with them. They have never been on the forum but we gave them the forum details and hope that they will pop in - they were all super. One of the ladies partner who was with her had lost 70kg 2 years after being banded with Chris and is still losing - a good inspiration to get us started. Chris DePrez came to talk to us all that evening (6 of us in total) and explained what was going to happen the next day.

Everything went as planned - Daisy and I were down early in the morning - my op about 10.30 and back on ward for about 1.30 (approx). Apart from a very dry mouth and throat which I believe is due to the anthesthetic, and being a bit sore around the drain, we both had a comfortable night (as did our new friends). Yesterday then we got our drains taken out and x-rayed (after drinking the barium meal - gladly no side effects!:frown:) and after a chat with Dr Chris and frederik :blush: again we were discharged around lunchtime (only after our Soup and crackers though).

Frederik called over to the hotel last night and done a quick check on us and was happy with us.

So far we have had a good experience - the staff we found very helpful and obliging with the pain relief. Wound is still a bit sore but no more than to be expected. It is easing daily and we had a relatively comfortable journey home.

I suppose now the journey really begins - we will be relying on all you to keep us right. Anyone thinking about it - please ask questions.

Slinky - sorry to hear about your bereavement.

Freckles - glad all went well with your daughter.

Away to bed for an hours rest,

chat soon xx

thanks freckles and rosie im bouncing back now lol,so glad to hear all went well in belgium for you all and you all had good experience,this site definatley works to help and reassure people,it worked for me happy healing:tongue2:

hi sher hun chin up and you too laila,i got 2.5 my second fill and it has really made a difference so sher if you get another l or 1.5ml next time you will feel it hun and your next fill you will to laila,i think its helped me walking my dogs everyday for about 40 mins,but so far so good :frown:

Hi Slinx

Thanks for that.

Had my 3rd fill on 4th with Fredrick as Dr Chris was not available. He only put 1.5 in and he checked that I did not have a leek.

So far I'm up to 5.5ml.

Really hoping for some restricktion as like you I still eat a fair bit and having no weight loss.

I meet a women on the day very slim she had lost 7 stone- she said to me after each fill make sure I stick with 3 days of fluids only that it seals the band and gives good restricktion. I'm going to stick with it caueI really need to weight to shift I'm getting a little down thinking I put myselfthrough all that for nothing.

Will keep you posted.

Welldone to those who are losing and good luck to all those about to start XXX

Hi Slinx

Thanks for that.

Had my 3rd fill on 4th with Fredrick as Dr Chris was not available. He only put 1.5 in and he checked that I did not have a leek.

So far I'm up to 5.5ml.

Really hoping for some restricktion as like you I still eat a fair bit and having no weight loss.

I meet a women on the day very slim she had lost 7 stone- she said to me after each fill make sure I stick with 3 days of fluids only that it seals the band and gives good restricktion. I'm going to stick with it caueI really need to weight to shift I'm getting a little down thinking I put myselfthrough all that for nothing.

Will keep you posted.

Welldone to those who are losing and good luck to all those about to start XXX

sher i think you should really feel the 5.5 fill now i cant eat until 5 oclock and then it is small so i just drink coffee and Water all day and maybe a yoghurt i dont mind hardley eating until i achieve my weightloss hope this one works for you hun let me know how you get on x:thumbup:

My weight loss was very slow initially, I thought the band was not going to work for me.

But have faith girlies, it will.

Since I've been back (since sunday) I have put on a few pounds!!! gawd knows what thats all about, but I know it will come off again so I dont worry anymore.

We met a lovely Mum and her daughter while we were in Belgium, the Mum had been banded 6 years earlier and had lost 9 stone!!! She was so slim she looked great, and she was a lovely person, we had such a chuckle together.

Her daughter was 19 and wasnt much overweight, but felt it was spoiling her life and wanted to lose a few stones, which she just couldnt lose.

Hats off to her I say, why not enjoy your youth if losing weight will make you feel better about yourself.

We stayed at the hospital for the 12 hours whilst our daughters were banded, and I must say it was great to have someone there to go and have a coffee and smoke with, and enjoy chatting.

It really made the day/evening go fast. Our daughters were

in beds next to each other and enjoyed the company.

Chris Deprez came to the hotel the night before the surgery and he is so lovely, he had given me a fill once in Manchester and he was so kind.

So dont be scared girls, all is great in belgium. I'm so glad I went with my daughter.

So glad to have met you Freckles! Not sure if i was meant to have such a nice weekend away lol

Thank goodness you and your girlie were there, we were a bit unprepared and you saved us!!

Think maybe a little bit more info about what to take, like dressings, may help.

Managing to eat a bit more during the day but as soon as the clock hits 6 that's it for me...nothing...not even soup!!!

It's really strange.

:frown:

Hello all

Thanks to those of you who posted and hoped I was feeling ok. I must say a week on and after no food and barel enough liquids I am feeling a little better. Restriction is definately there and I am struggling with my usual core basics of yoghurt, crackerbreads, philli - had none of these as just won't tolerate them and they have to depart.

The only think I am able to drink is chicken cuppa Soup. Had a couple of scary experiences when I was at school and thought I was going to pass out infront of the pupils but luckily I managed to have a drink of Water and stop feeling dizzy but was a stark reminder that I need to keep my liquids up and eat little and often when the band lets me!

Anyway good news is I have lost 3 stone 1 pound (43 pounds) and 36.25 inches in 14 weeks. Really chuffed.

Hope everyone is well and looking after themselves.

Take care

Claire