Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

start of my second week pre op diet and hope to god it goes better than the first worried Dr Chris will not be impressed tried to eat low fat for most of the time but BBQ weather and birthdays dont help :eek: will try harder this week.

Hi Lindsay, my god my sister in law & niece are getting band on the same day delighted there be someone else there,you wont look back Dr Chris is an excellent surgeon, i had band done by him last year i will be going with them for support hopefully bump into you in the hotel :eek:

welcome back Julie your on your way now to a new life :wink:

Hi English rose sorry to hear about your band hope you get it sorted soon :thumbup:

Hi shoes, Is your sister in law Mary? If so I spoke to her in the chat room the other day! It would be great to bump into you guys. What is the hotel called that we are staying in? Is a low fat diet prior to op okay? I see a lot of people do milk diets etc but Dr Chris just said low fat.

Thanks

Lindsay

Lindsay, the low fat diet is to reduce any fat in your liver, because if your liver is too big and fatty its hard for the surgeon to place the lapband xx

start of my second week pre op diet and hope to god it goes better than the first worried Dr Chris will not be impressed tried to eat low fat for most of the time but BBQ weather and birthdays dont help :eek: will try harder this week.

hi Sussie

i wouldn't worry too much hun i did rubbish too only lost 6 pounds in the two weeks, just stick to reduced fat diet bit like weight watchers and u'll be fine, i can honestly say this band is amazing best thing i ve ever done lost 11 half pound 6 on pre op rest since last tuesday so im over the moon and my tummys going down nicely now keep us up to date before and after u go hun and if u ever wanna just have a chat inbox me and ill send u my number ok

julie x

Hi shoes, Is your sister in law Mary? If so I spoke to her in the chat room the other day! It would be great to bump into you guys. What is the hotel called that we are staying in? Is a low fat diet prior to op okay? I see a lot of people do milk diets etc but Dr Chris just said low fat.

Thanks

Lindsay

Hi Linsaymel,my sister in law is called Mary, the hotel is Campanile Vilverdee i properly spelled that wrong,you just have to go on low fat weight watcher type of diet its not so much to lose weight its to shrink your liver he told me it was ok to have something nice the day before op not to go made but enjoy something nice so low and behold i did just that had my last steak & chips not to mention the dessert but i was good up to that,it be great to bump into you are you staying in the same hotel :thumbup:

Hi

Well Ive found out now that I have a definate leak somewhere, either in the port or the band itself so I am going back to Belgium to have it repaired. (more bloody money)!!!!!

I arrive in Belgium on the evening of 3rd May and the op is being done on the 4th or 5th May.

Anyone else going during these dates?

EnglishRose

god thats rubbish, i also had a problem nd it was the tubing that was pierced, what are they asking you to pay.

PM me if you want to chat about it.

g

Hi julie thanks i know its not the weight you lose thats important in the pre op diet(good job really only lost 2lb last week) but still i know i havent done to well on the low fat diet stuff either, but hey ho whats done is done and no point worrying gonna try and keep my mind off next week as much as possible because every time i think about op i start to worry. Thanks again for the offer of a chat if i need it i will give you a shout (and im sure that time will come) thanks again

Sussie

Just wondering what warranty do you get with on your band with Dr Chris if you get any at all

Hi all again seems like i got lots of silly questions going around in my head tonight lol

has anyone flown with Brussel Air if so what they like ?

im flying from Manchester with them

Just wondering what warranty do you get with on your band with Dr Chris if you get any at all

I dont think there is a warranty. Im having to have to pay out again to get my port/band repaired.

I dont think there is a warranty. Im having to have to pay out again to get my port/band repaired.

Hi English rose andSussie

When i spoke to dr chris he stated if their was any problem with port or band it would be replaced free of charge that i would only have to pay for hospital stay medications but i think this was only on the understanding that all follow up and fills were with him, if u have to pay again i think that sucks it s hard enough finding the cash to pay the first time i really feel for u english thats really not fair and if i remember rightly when gary s port was punctured his was replaced free i think maybe u should speak to gary or ask a few more questions cause it all seems a little unfair to me hope things work out for u hun

Julie x

Hi Linsaymel,my sister in law is called Mary, the hotel is Campanile Vilverdee i properly spelled that wrong,you just have to go on low fat weight watcher type of diet its not so much to lose weight its to shrink your liver he told me it was ok to have something nice the day before op not to go made but enjoy something nice so low and behold i did just that had my last steak & chips not to mention the dessert but i was good up to that,it be great to bump into you are you staying in the same hotel :unsure:

Hi shoes, we are doing the package with Dr Chris so we should be in same hotel as you. I just hope my liver is shrinking enough! I only started my low fat diet yesterday (it was my Birthday at the weekend!) I've sent my 500 euros to Freddie and have told him my flight times but have heard nothing back from him since :scared2:

Hi English rose andSussie

When i spoke to dr chris he stated if their was any problem with port or band it would be replaced free of charge that i would only have to pay for hospital stay medications but i think this was only on the understanding that all follow up and fills were with him, if u have to pay again i think that sucks it s hard enough finding the cash to pay the first time i really feel for u english thats really not fair and if i remember rightly when gary s port was punctured his was replaced free i think maybe u should speak to gary or ask a few more questions cause it all seems a little unfair to me hope things work out for u hun

Julie x

Thanks Julie, I know Im not paying the full amount again but either 1500 euros for the port and 2000 euros for the new band is still a lot of money especially when your a one parent family. Dr Chris told me he doesnt make any money by doing the revision surgery, mmmmm!

Thanks Julie, I know Im not paying the full amount again but either 1500 euros for the port and 2000 euros for the new band is still a lot of money especially when your a one parent family. Dr Chris told me he doesnt make any money by doing the revision surgery, mmmmm!

Hi english rose

That really stinks hun i should imagine there is some money to be made there for him surley if the band or port is defective and its not ur fault then it should be free, i know i struggled for months to find the money for my band and dont think id be able to do it agian thats a scary thought, how long have u had the band hun? i really feel for u on this one but i hope the next band lasts u a very long time, when do u go for the reband?

julie x

Hi english rose

That really stinks hun i should imagine there is some money to be made there for him surley if the band or port is defective and its not ur fault then it should be free, i know i struggled for months to find the money for my band and dont think id be able to do it agian thats a scary thought, how long have u had the band hun? i really feel for u on this one but i hope the next band lasts u a very long time, when do u go for the reband?

julie x

Hi Julie

My band was was fitted on 13th August 2008. I think Ive had a leak for about a year really as I havent lost any weight for about a year but the good thing is I havent put any weight on either so the band has taught me something. Ive lost just over 5 stone but most of that weight was lost within the first year of having the band. Im having the repair done on the 4th May. I wont know until the day of surgery whether the leak is in the port or the band. To be honest I would rather just have a complete new band but Dr Chris wont replace the whole band unless its absolutely necessary. Im worried that if he finds a leak in the port, doesnt look any further then when I get home find there is something wrong with the band too.

For a few months now Ive been having this really loud noise in my stomach, (and I mean really loud), its just under my left breast. If I press I can feel something going on inside me. Its really hard to explain but in can be really embarassing when your out because people can hear it. I suppose its like a rumbling tummy but a 1000 times louder. Has anyone else had anything like this????