Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi Shoes,

I don't know. We've always said we werent arsed about having our own baby, we're both in our late 30's! I once said I liked the idea of it but essentially that I wouldnt want to go through a preganacy. Bugger that.

I feel that I don't want to have an abortion, I know that my partner would chose this option if it were up to him. But I dont think I do.

So that leaves me thinking, do I want this baby? Half of me says yes, it's happend for a reason and the other half of me still doesnt believe it despite 2 +ve tests, I'm half convinced I have a dodgy batch.

I just keep sitting here bawling. My boy will be home from school in 10minutes so I need to get it together before he comes home, my man isnt home till late evening. But knowing what an emotional bloke he is, he wont get sod all done at work anyway.

Im terrifed right now. I really am.

I keep meaning to say this but forget.

Michael van den Bosche maintains that with a band one should be able to eat anything, just in smaller amounts.

Freddyboy and co say you shouldnt be able to eat fresh bread or red meat.< /p>

On the contrary I find I can eat anything but in tiny portions, saying that however I steer away from bread and chips as they do tend to stick.

I can eat most other things, but like I say in tiny portions.

Anyone else got any views on this?:thumbup:

Weightogo I must assume you were replying to my post lol.

Maybe the best thing to do is see your GP and see what he/she has to say. I know it sounds cold, but there's little else you can do atm.

If you decide on abortion then thats your decision, and no one elses. It's your body and your life, dont feel too badly about it, at the end of the day if the child is not wanted, then it would be worse to give birth to 'it'.

try not to cry darling everything happens for a reason and maybe the shock of the operation has changed things in your body, maybe you're not pregnant after all.

Fingers crossed for you hunny and please keep us posted.

You have support here xxxx

Hi WTG

I am so sorry you are in turmoil at the moment - the announcement of a pregnancy is normally such a joyous event that I feel heart sorry for you and the upset you are going through.

Only you can know what the right choice is for you and if that is to have an abortion then that is the right choice, however if it is to have the baby then your partner will either be with you or not and again that is something you will need to face.

I know my partner does not want any more children and is dead against it however I also know once he got used to the idea he would love it without question.

I hope it all goes well for you but first things first get to the gp and get the test done properly and check if any risks due to anaesthetic etc

Kerry xx

hi kerry,

i am from ireland too and have my procduere booked for tuesday week. well done on your weight loss but its a bummer its slowed. can i ask where you have decided to get your fills done and do you have to wait five weeks for your first fill or was that your choice as maybe your body dosent feel ready for it yet?its a disaster with the flights been cancelled i hope its sorted before i have to head off

take care

geri:mellow:

Hi Geri

I am from Scotland so Dr Chris comes to Edinburgh once a month and I am planning on getting my fills done there.

You are not supposed to get a fill until you reach the 6 week point to allow your body time to heal and get used to the band etc

I know you will be going through turmoil just now and having the Oh My God and the What Ifs but I promise everything will be fine and the operation and care you receive will go well.

I am now 5 weeks post op and can eat pretty much what I want and it has been that way for about 3 weeks so I have been trying to keep intake lower but have not lost any more weight but on the upside I haven't gained any either - dying to get my fill done now and try and get the weight going down the way

Take Care

Kerry x

good luck julie roddy hope everything goes well for you im sure it will as for poor wtg the only thing i can say hun is i only ever wanted one baby,i had placenta previa with her and nearly lost us both and didnt want anymore nor did my partner,but i went on to have 4 more and even though i had problems giving birth to all of them forceps ie when i look back i wouldnt be without them but i did eventually go and get sterilised cause i coulnt cope gettin caught again its a hard decision only you can make talk to your partner and try and make a decision you are happy with you are the one who has to live with it not the man,the first partner i had of 17 years i had 3 kids with didnt want any of them but wouldnt be without them now its hard hun good luck,whatever you decide will be the best for you:wink2:

hi wtg,

its important to remember that you and your partner are in a state of deep shock right now, so give yourselves time to absorb the news and as freckles says go to your gp and get confirmation one way or another.you have got big decisions ahead and its still early days so try and be gentle to yourself. use whatever support you can and know that we are all wishing the very best for you and yours. if there is anything we can do just shout.

geri

hi kerry,

sorry for the misunderstanding around thiking you are irish!!!!!!!!!shows where my head is at the moment.i am as you say at the stage right now that i wish the whole thing was over.this time next week i will be packing my bag thank god assuming the ash will let us travel!!thanks for the reassurance

geri

Michael van den Bosche maintains that with a band one should be able to eat anything, just in smaller amounts.

On the contrary I find I can eat anything but in tiny portions, saying that however I steer away from bread and chips as they do tend to stick.

Anyone else got any views on this?:thumbup:

hello freckles, I feel very much the same, bread is like committing hari-Kari ,

it's always something that tends to give me so much trouble so I steer clear

as much as possible. I think I've had 2 slices in 6 weeks does feel weird after

a life time of eating it, but lately it doesn't worry me any more. As far as red meat

goes and I'm a carnivore by nature I haven't dared try my favourite steak yet am

a little wary from what dr Chris mentioned when I got banded, seems white meat

and fish are the better option these days. Well my weight has stayed static for a week

which is a little disconcerting but the other way of looking at it is that I haven't put any on!

The old war wound is still grumbling but I expect that now. All things being equal people are

noticing a shrinking violet which boosts the old ego no end! Take care everyone and best of

luck to all those trying to get to belgium to begin their journey. Paul

Anyone else got any views on this?:ohmy:

WAHOOOOOOOOO thats me officially not obese and in the overweight bmi range sitting at 29.6 which I'm chuffed to bits with.Lost another 5lb so only another 2lb to get to my goal of 14st 7lb.I got a defill today as I'm away to Spain in a week then off to Florida next month .I wanted to enjoy both holidays so i got a bit took out.This will be the big test for me to see if i can keep the weight off while i dont have any restriction so fingers crossed.

On your point freckels i can eat anything bread read meat Pasta rice .There is nothing i cant eat but in smaller portions which is the way i think it should be.When i eat bread it just goes down that bit slower than normal food.I dont know how you can cope with just a few teaspoons of food but if it works for you go for it but i dont think you should be that tight long term as i think that would do damage to your stomach.Well done on the weight loss by the way your doing great.

Keep with it Paul everyone goes through stages were the weight loss comes to a standstill it will start shifting as long as your watching what your doing.

well done bobo, congratulations, its a great feeling isnt it!!!!

I was amazed that I was overweight and not obese, its amazing. We love our bands dont we!!!!

Have you had a complete de-fill? i had some left in when I got m ine, and I could eat drink and whatever but knew when I was full, and stopped.

No PBing or any other symptoms it was great!!!

You may put on a couple of pounds like i did, but nothing major.

I hope your flights pan out cos its still not good is it.

On the other thing, I did eat the rest of the Soup an hour later, so it wasnt too bad.

Like atm I am trying to eat a mashed banana and I'm having trouble, it doesnt want to go down, so experience tells me to leave it for an hour or so, and this is lunch lol.:ohmy:

Paul, you havent got enough in yet so maybe the next fill will do it, I hope so anyway!!

Edited by Freckles

Wow well done Bobo you must feel so proud of yourself, hoping i'll be there one day, if i ever get to Brussels (stupid volcano lol)

Started my 2 week pre op diet yesterday and i know i'm gonna struggle :ohmy: especially has its my 40th Birthday on Thursday, hope no one gives me chocolates lol. Oh well on goes the struggle.

Hi freckles ye its a great feeling i defo couldn't have done it without the band its been well worth the money.

I could only dream of being at this weight 18 months ago so all newly banded and going to be banded it can be done you just need to be patient and work with your band.

Thanks sussie you will be there one day yourself hope the flight situation gets sorted out for you its not the kind of thing you need before an op is worrying if your going to get there.

I only got 0.75ml taken out Wendy says that should be enough to give very slight restriction but give me the freedom to enjoy myself and not have to watch everything I'm eating.Its amazing the difference its made already i can take big gulps of juice now were as before i had to take small sips.She said she could take more out but did not like being aggressive putting that amount back in so i opted for only the 0.75 so when i come back i can get that amount put back in the one go rather than a few fill to get me back to the same level of restriction.

I'm away next sat with work to palma for a week so hopefully the flight situation will clear up by then but as you say its not looking good.

Btw i just had a bowl of home made chicken and mango curry with two weight watchers pita bread and it was lovleyyyyyyyy.Went down no probs.hahaha

I think you are very wise to just have a bit out, it took me 3 fills to get back to what I was before the de-fill Bobo.

This damn acid reflux is a real pain, anyone know why it happens?

I'm okay when I am just laying there reading but as soon as I fall asleep it starts, whats that all about?

Gonna see if I can do some research.

Hi freckles i think it comes down to the fact that your band is to tight.I got it before when i was to tight and if i ate before bed i would wake up chocking with the burning acid in my throat really scary thought i was dieing.lol

I think it is because your lying down the acid in your stomach that is breaking your food down is somehow being blocked from going through the band and its coming up the way .Does this only happen if you eat before bed or does it happen all the time.?