Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi shoes Frederik came to the hotel the night before the op to do the consultation and i paid for the surgery then, i was meant to have had the consultation with dr chris the morning of surgery but he got held up in edinburgh so thats why frederik done it. We have all paid before surgery so dont worry there not about to run off with the money. I left the hospital saturday about 1.30 and frderik came sat eve to check that i was ok, can you see em doing that in this country x

Hi sammy77 oh your poor baby i hope your not going to let him go hungry while your pinching all his food lol. Im glad you have the support of your friend, It helps to no people care x

Hi Everyone

Ive not posted on here for a while. I went for my fifth fill yesterday. I now have 5cc and hoping this will make a big difference. Ive lost 4 stone 3lb which Im really pleased with. Its good to hear everyone is doing so well.

EnglishRose

well done!!..youve done brilliantly!!. hope im reporting weight loss like yours in another 6-7 months!! i lost a stone in the first week then 2lb the week after, then put that 2lb ON the week after and just lost it again this week!!.. a few people have had the same results as this too, so im hoping this is normal!?..not having first fill for another month, that will be about 9 weeks post op, but still bit sore,have some restriction,eating half the amount as before, and not a lot of money!, so going to have to do it gradually!. are you near to your target weight now?! gillian x

Hi Gillian

Unfortunately I still have a long way to go before I reach my target weight. I would like to get down to 10 1/2 stone ish as Im 5 foot 6. At the moment I am 14 stone 3. I used to wear Size 26-28 tops and they were starting to get tight, and Size 24-26 trousers. I can now fit into a size 18! So I am really pleased. I havent always been big and have saved some of my old clothes over the years, just in case I ever managed to fit into them again, but now I am able to wear them, luckily black trousers never go out of fashion.

If I hadnt of had my band I dread to think how heavy I would be now. It was getting to the point where I didnt like leaving the house very often because I had no self confidence. All that has changed now and I take a lot more pride in my appearance.

The only downside the the band is losing more hair than usual. I dread washing my hair because a lot always falls out. I keep telling myself I would rather be slim and bald then fat with lots of hair. I can always buy a wig hehe. Has anyone else lost much hair?

EnglishRose

Well done englishrose your doing great.. i cant wait to post results like that. Did you go to manchester for your fill x

Hi Wishful

No, I didnt go to Manchester as I live in Kent and go to my local private hospital for fills as it is only a 5 minute drive away.

Hi englishrose you must be so proud of yourself your doing so well.. iv had to buy smaller jeans and im made up and its only 4 weeks today that i got banded. I dont seem to be losing any hair (yet). Did you start to lose yours from the beginning?

Well done englishrose your doing great.. i cant wait to post results like that. Did you go to manchester for your fill x
Hi englishrose you must be so proud of yourself your doing so well.. iv had to buy smaller jeans and im made up and its only 4 weeks today that i got banded. I dont seem to be losing any hair (yet). Did you start to lose yours from the beginning?

Hi Wishfull

No I didnt lose much hair at the beginning but after I got to about the 3 month mark I noticed more hair falling out. My hair is quite fine so I guess its more noticeable than if Id had thicker hair. Im stilling taking my Vitamin tablets.

EnglishRose

Hi Wishfull

No I didnt lose much hair at the beginning but after I got to about the 3 month mark I noticed more hair falling out. My hair is quite fine so I guess its more noticeable than if Id had thicker hair. Im stilling taking my Vitamin tablets.

EnglishRose

Hi Englishrose, you have done fantastic - it is 6 months to the day since you were banded and you are more than half way to your target, that's brilliant so well done! Are you still having fills now or did you get to effective restriction fairly quickly? Bigsister x

Glad your pre op day went well Freckles, even if you are devastated your new height has now ruined your future career as a supermodel?! Less than 2 weeks to go for you now, will just fly by. Have you got arrangements in place for your Mum? Bigsister x

Hi guys how are we all doing today. I feeling fine as I went back to bed for a wee nap mid morning! I have just had a wee treat after lunch: a bag of Malteezers, a Crunchie and a boost! That's probably why I feel so chirpie now! Also I really enjoyed the chocolate as my husband wasn't looking over my shoulder!

English Rose, what a star! The prospect oif loosing all that weight in such a shoet time is ammazing! Well done you must be feeling great! I too kept all my clothes, I used to have nice clothes size 12/14, then I had babies! I decided a couple of years ago that i@d never wear then again and got rid of them all. I am now verging on a size 22, all scabby clothes from Evans, actually there not clothes there tents gone wrong! I am now looking forward to buying a whole new wardrobe of nice clothes, not baggy maternity type clothes to hide my barrel type figure! How did you get that ticker on your chat thing, I have tried to do it but it doesn't work!

Hi Shoes I didn't have a meeting in this country, Frederick is meeting me at 6:15 am, yes in the morning!, in the hotel where we are dealing with the finances, he will then take me to the hospital to do the admin, and then I'll meet the Dr. I'm not sure what time the op is I can only imagine from what everyone has been saying it'll take place sometime in the morning.

Hey wishful, you've had to buy smaller jeans already! How much have you lost now, did you loose weight doing the pre op diet? Did you actually get given a pre op fact sheet about the diet or did you just buy everything low fat? Well done on your smaller jeans! Keep up the good work! As it's just been 4 weeks since your op I am assuming you haven't had a fill yet either!

Hey Bigsister, you never said how you were doing, are you fine, is everything okay?

Gillian you lost a stone in the first week! My god no wonder you only lost 2lb in the next week your body must have been in over shock! From what I've been reading it seems that people are losing around the stone mark per MONTH, not in a week! So if you are not having a fill until 9 weeks post op does that mean this is also your first follow up?

Miss Flump where are you? have you put more posts on UTUBE? How's your progress, you must keep us informed to give us inspiration!

And last but by no means least! Miss flistylass Where are you? We haven't heard from you for ages, how are you getting on?

Hey you guys look after yourselves and keep loving yourselves!

Edited by fatpants

Hi Bigsister

Yes Im still having fills. Ive had 5 in total. 3ml, 0.5ml, 0.4ml, 0.5ml and 0.6ml. Im on liquids at the moment for 2 days so wont know how much restriction ive got until I start eating again. To be honest I have never had brilliant restriction since having the fills and have had to use willpower. I have never measured the amount of food I eat, perhaps I should really I might lose even more weight. I have my dinner on a Cereal bowl instead of a dinner plate as its smaller and it gives me a guide to how much I should be eating.

EnglishRose

Hi fatpants you do seem a lot happier today, glad you are. Iv lost 16lb so far and i had my 1st fill y/day with frederik.. im back on liquid diet for a couple of days. My pre-op diet was yoghurt drink for Breakfast, slimfast for lunch and low fat meal for my tea, mainly chicken and veg.. i only cheated once in them 2 weeks with a packet of crisps (i love crisps), i lost about 6lbs during this time. frederik was pleased with the weight loss and my diet at the min and iv been told i can start swimming, so im going to go 3 days a week with my daughter. Im not going next week tho its half term and itl be full of kids x

Englishrose I dont think id change anything if i was you as you are doing so well, i have my tea on a side plate so i dont have to much, saying that some of the time i cant even finish that as i feel full, it takes me ages to eat it as im scared of eating to quick or swallowing to big a piece, i done it once and thought i was going to die, it really hurt.