Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This does not seem like normal loss!

I'm 2 months and I only lost like 10 pounds the first 3 weeks then it just melted off.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Did you make any changes or did your body just start to get on board?

It just got on board, I have noticed I stall for a few days then bam loss. I've lost like 48 pounds in 2 months

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@Monesty How many calories is that total for the day? It seems like a lot. I'm only 4 WkS out but couldn't take in near that much in a day. Are you exercising in any way? Also your Water intake has got to be higher, 26 oz is not nearly enough, a minimum of 64 oz is needed and this will help with your weights too.

@@Monesty How many calories is that total for the day? It seems like a lot. I'm only 4 WkS out but couldn't take in near that much in a day. Are you exercising in any way? Also your Water intake has got to be higher, 26 oz is not nearly enough, a minimum of 64 oz is needed and this will help with your weights too.

Well Breakfast is about 160 calories, protien shakes is 160, full day of Snacks are about 200, dinner is about 300. Yes I'm exercising but not as much as I should be. I'm working on that and increasing my water intake.

Well breakfast is about 160 calories, protien shakes is 160, full day of Snacks are about 200, dinner is about 300. Yes I'm exercising but not as much as I should be. I'm working on that and increasing my Water intake.
This is why I'm concerned. I do not feel like my sleeve is working. I have had zero problems eating since my surgery. I do feel restriction, but it is short lived. Also if I increase my protien intake then I also increase my calories. I don't know what to do?

You need WAY more Water. Water is required for your body to metabolize fat. Without it, the fat is just gonna sit there. Studies show drinking 1/2 your body weight in ounces is optimal for weight loss. Which means you are getting about 1/3 of what you should. Treat your Fluid intake like a prescription. Drink as religiously as you would be taking a life saving medication.

Increasing your Water intake will make a huge difference with losing weight. Also, your body just needs it. I work hard at getting in the required 64 ozs and the days when I get in 80 or more, I feel better.

Increasing your Water intake will make a huge difference with losing weight. Also, your body just needs it. I work hard at getting in the required 64 ozs and the days when I get in 80 or more, I feel better.

Thanks. I'm am hitting the water intake hard today. Hopefully this will help.

I'm 6 weeks post-op and I've only lost 10 pounds. What am I doing wrong? I haven't had bread Pasta or potatoes and I'm watching my portions yet I am not losing like anyone else on here I see. I expected a slow loss what this is starting to make me feel defeated. On top of that , even though I feel my restriction I quickly get hungry again...

Why don't you post up what you have been eating for the last week. Maybe we can spot some ways to help you.
Posted what I'm eating. Let me know what you think!

If you started at 192 and you lost 10 lbs that is around 5% of your body weight.

Low BMI people are not going to drop 30 lbs in the first 6 weeks.

These posts are getting more and more ridiculous

If you started at 192 and you lost 10 lbs that is around 5% of your body weight.

Excuse me for having to ask but where in my post did you read that I expected to lose 30 pounds in the first 6 weeks. That's right..no where!

I read your post and it does seem like you need more fat in your diet. You can increase your Protein without worrying about calories even double it as long as you restrict carbohydrates.

I mix my tuna with regular mayo, zero carbs. Check the lable, does zero fat yogurt higher in carbs that natural 2% yogurt? How about the Apple sauce? Carbs can really creep up on you and stall your progress, even if you are eating fewer calories.

Try increasing your exercise to 30 minutes every 2nd day and focusing on eating Protein and eliminating anything with more that a few grams of carbs and see if it makes a difference.

I said this on the first page.

I said this on the first page.
I appreciate the suggestions. I will be trying them. It is completely understandable that with a lower starting weight I will lose slower. I can take constructive criticism but the comment saying "these post are getting more and more ridiculous" was totally uncalled for.

Edited by Monesty

I notice that your start weight was 192. I have noticed that people who weigh more tend to lose quicker at first. Probably has more to to with osing retained Water that fat. I felt I was losing slowly and discussed it with my NUT. Her advice was to increase my calories by adding more fat... It's that whole body in starvation mode thing... I did it and lost five pound in the next 7 days and at least 2 pounds a week since.

I would be losing more but I slacked off on exercise last week.

Can I ask what kind of food did you incorporated into your diet to up your fat intake? I have my "go tos" but would love to have more options?
avocado, Mayonnaise, olive oil, sometimes heavy cream or butter. I use full fat yogurt, 2% milk cottage cheese and 1% milk.

Keep in mind that you started off at a weight that is close to some people's "goal weight" and that you've lost 5% of your total weight.

I notice that your start weight was 192. I have noticed that people who weigh more tend to lose quicker at first. Probably has more to to with osing retained Water that fat. I felt I was losing slowly and discussed it with my NUT. Her advice was to increase my calories by adding more fat... It's that whole body in starvation mode thing... I did it and lost five pound in the next 7 days and at least 2 pounds a week since.

I would be losing more but I slacked off on exercise last week.

Can I ask what kind of food did you incorporated into your diet to up your fat intake? I have my "go tos" but would love to have more options?
avocado, Mayonnaise, olive oil, sometimes heavy cream or butter. I use full fat yogurt, 2% milk cottage cheese and 1% milk.

Keep in mind that you started off at a weight that is close to some people's "goal weight" and that you've lost 5% of your total weight.

Yes I'm keeping that in mind..however I should have mentioned that I am 4' 11". According to my Dr a healthy weight would range between 98 and 140ish. I'm should also say that I am just fine with losing slow as long as I know I'm not doing anything to sabotage my opportunity.