Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This does not seem like normal loss!

Keep a food journal of every bite of food and sip of Water.

At the end of the day add up your Protein and carbs.

I shoot for 4:1 no less than 100 grams of Protein and no more that 25 grams of carbs . Stick to whole foods without additives and try to drink as much free (clear) Water as you can.

Lots (most?) of overweight people don't drink nearly enough water. I have actually wondered if we are actually fat because we don't drink enough water.

Do not worry about the calories right now.

Focus on getting Protein and Water in. Focus on what foods you are allowed at this time.

Get in the Protein and Water requirements your Dr told you to.

Take a look at Dr Mathew Weiner's YouTube videos. He has a lot of information about weight loss

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Let me add this:

Can we please just stop with the "you need to exercise more" thing? With as little calories as we consume, especially so early out post op, there is no need to kill yourself exercising. 15-30 minutes of walking is more than sufficient. I've seen too much exercise actually hinder weight loss in people, and I'm one of them. I think once we can eat enough calories to support it, then we can look into moderate exercise and strength training.

You're a "lightweight" in the WLS world, therefore your weight loss won't be as fast as others. I agree with the poster above: concentrate on Protein and Water...lots of Water. Don't worry abouy calories right now. Eat on a schedule, and every 2 hours.

Also, take your measurements. I'd be willing to bet you're also losing inches.

Do your thing and try not to compare yourself to others. After all, comparison is the thief of joy.

Let me add this:

Can we please just stop with the "you need to exercise more" thing? With as little calories as we consume, especially so early out post op, there is no need to kill yourself exercising. 15-30 minutes of walking is more than sufficient. I've seen too much exercise actually hinder weight loss in people, and I'm one of them. I think once we can eat enough calories to support it, then we can look into moderate exercise and strength training.

You're a "lightweight" in the WLS world, therefore your weight loss won't be as fast as others. I agree with the poster above: concentrate on Protein and Water...lots of Water. Don't worry abouy calories right now. Eat on a schedule, and every 2 hours.

Also, take your measurements. I'd be willing to bet you're also losing inches.

Do your thing and try not to compare yourself to others. After all, comparison is the theif of joy.

Well said and well spoken. Thank you!

2 things to consider.

1 - Your progress is best measured in percentages, not pounds. Weight loss numbers like some of us have seen early (Myself included) are too often driven by the fact that we are looking to Lose more than what you weighed before your surgery! In my first year Post-Op, I lost about 100 pounds (sounds GREAT), but that is just 55% of my weight loss goal. Perspective is a HUGE part of this process.

2 - Keep a SERIOUS eye on your Protein and Daily Vitamin intake. I found that when I didn't get 80 grams a day of Protein through supplements and foods, that I did not lose AT ALL. Check in with your Nutritionist and keep a diary of Everything you Eat and Drink every day. That's what has worked for me, and I hope it helps you.

2 things to consider.

1 - Your progress is best measured in percentages, not pounds. Weight loss numbers like some of us have seen early (Myself included) are too often driven by the fact that we are looking to Lose more than what you weighed before your surgery! In my first year Post-Op, I lost about 100 pounds (sounds GREAT), but that is just 55% of my weight loss goal. Perspective is a HUGE part of this process.

2 - Keep a SERIOUS eye on your Protein and Daily Vitamin intake. I found that when I didn't get 80 grams a day of Protein through supplements and foods, that I did not lose AT ALL. Check in with your Nutritionist and keep a diary of Everything you Eat and Drink every day. That's what has worked for me, and I hope it helps you.

Thank you. I've had some very good suggestions since posting. In just the last couple days I have worked hard to increase my Water intake and oh boy...what a difference! I am so full..all day long and I feel better to. I think it's completely reasonable not to expect huge losses considering where I started. But with that said I am a proactive person therefore I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing anything to sabotage my loss. After all, that is how I got where I am now. Never again though :) Again thank you for taking the time to reply. I really do put a lot of thought into what people suggest!

Edited by Monesty

Keep a food journal of every bite of food and sip of Water.

At the end of the day add up your Protein and carbs.

I shoot for 4:1 no less than 100 grams of Protein and no more that 25 grams of carbs . Stick to whole foods without additives and try to drink as much free (clear) Water as you can.

Lots (most?) of overweight people don't drink nearly enough water. I have actually wondered if we are actually fat because we don't drink enough water.

I agree, the food journal has been very helpful!