Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre-op diet starts today (help)

My stomach is growling like a mad man, I'm honestly getting really scared for surgery.

Anyone out there please help me figure out some recipes for fish? I'm not much of a fish eater, but it beats eating chicken all the time.. variety is key? :( I'm trying not to fail this.

What i'm Allowed to eat:

Plain chicken breast - no sauce or skin

Egg whites (or egg beaters) - no yolks

Water pack tuna

Turkey - fresh deli

White Fish - e, g, Tilapia, Mahi-Mahi Halibut, and Cod

Seasoning - herbs, salt, pepper.

broth

sugar free popsicles

Sugar free Jello and jello pudding mix

low calorie drink mixes.

water

skin, unsweetened soy milk, unsweetened almond milk.

Torani sugar free syrups.< /p>

Honestly, I'm not much of a fish eater. But I CAN say that seasoning is key-- for both chicken and fish. Do cajun tilapia, chicken with chile powder and lime, stuff like that. Make it new every night.

Also, when you're hungry, CHUG Water. It helps. Really.

I was successful on my pre-op diet. Just do your best, be kind to yourself, and remember the goal.

Mahi-Mahi isn't really in season right now but if you can find it, it is delicious. Marinade it for 30 minutes in a bath of lemon juice, lime juice, olive oil, white wine and a touch of garlic, salt and pepper.

Broil or better yet grill it. It's fantastic and doesn't require sauces to be fully enjoyable!

Don't worry about these few short weeks. They suck - - but it is for a good reason and you can get through anything when when you know it is temporary. After a few days, your body will settle down a bit and adapt. It doesn't get easy, but you wont be so on edge. The key for me was to let go and roll with it.

And don't worry... post-surgery is totally different. Just keep reminding yourself that your goal is to reduce your surgery risks and make the procedure easy for the surgeon.

You got this.:)

I'm a little bit envious of your food selections...I'm only allowed 3 Protein shakes per day for 2 weeks. My surgery date is the 22nd and it's gotten easier for me. ????

Just give additional chicken suggestions, I'd use a Crockpot or pressure cooker for the chicken with various seasons. It should stay pretty juicy depending on the Water content of the meat you buy. I also buy ground chicken breast and use homemade taco seasonings and place that on shredded lettuce. Just keep it very moist with extra chicken broth so you're not tempted to grab salsa (unless that's allowed)

For fish, I like to portion out talapia into foil steam pouches. To each I add a different seasoning: lemon pepper, orange zest, all of the Mrs. Dash flavor combos are pretty good. Add a tsp or two of broth to each as well. That way, you're making different flavors of fish all at the same time and the foil steam packs keep the fish from drying out.

Hope that helps a little.

Sent from my SM-G900P using the BariatricPal App

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, my stomach had calmed down after I ate chicken and slept haha :) I'm definitely going to give these suggestions a try!

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

I just thought of another... (can you tell I'm hungry right now. ..lol)

You can use the Egg Beaters and made those egg muffins I see on so many foodie sites. Just mix them with whatever veggies allowed and bake. Not sure how they will turn out without cheese though. I'm stepping away from this post because now my stomach's talking.

I just thought of another... (can you tell I'm hungry right now. ..lol)

You can use the Egg Beaters and made those egg muffins I see on so many foodie sites. Just mix them with whatever veggies allowed and bake. Not sure how they will turn out without cheese though. I'm stepping away from this post because now my stomach's talking.

I wish I was allowed veggies cause I would definitely do this! I'm gonna miss veggies and fruits for a while.. Hopefully after all the first stages of the diet I'll be able to tolerate them!

Egg white and veggie omelet: a little Pam, garlic powder and pepper and sautée your veggies, add egg whites and wa laaa! Enjoy :)

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Another time I did less egg white and a strip of chicken diced up with veggies. Soo good

Your lucky, I start my 2 week pre-op diet the day after Christmas and I'm suck to pure liquids! At least it's after Christmas right!

My pre-op diet starts Wednesday... surgery is on the 4th. It consists of 3 shakes and then a small serving of low glycemic vegetables...

My family is doing Christmas dinner tonight, early so I can partake. I'm nervous for the upcoming starving phase but so ready too.

I just started preop diet yesterday. Last night I grilled chicken and onions with Trader Joe's chili lime seasoning and I wrapped in lettuce and tonight I am making a taco Soup. It sounds like I can have more variety though, mine is 2 or more Protein shakes a day plus one small meal of lean meat and veggies, but I can also have Beans or eggs. If you can have veggies I would also try like a salsa chicken in a crockpot. I am also planning to make a stuffed pepper Soup with turkey sausage.