Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gastric-Bypass-Vs.-Gastric-Sleeve-Weight

Is this the thread where someone answers a question, and the newbie gets all annoyed because they didn't like the answer/tone?

I thought so.

60268879.jpg

Lmfao! You all are incredible. Text book version of cyber "mean girls". You all don't support- you talk down on newbies.

You should have at least acknowledged that I corrected you, the vet, with facts. But then again, what can I say about a person like you.

You all can have your forum this is worse than middle school. You probably got picked on as a child and now you take it out on people here. Lol.

Because of people like you people commit suicide, you don't know what a person is going through, when you attack them on social platform but hey I guess that's way it goes here.

I'll can tell you and your clique are strong, sad that it's useless.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

This is exactly why I don't respond to most newbie posts. The nasty kick back attitudes.

The more this happens the more new people are going to end up just wallowing in ignorance, because vets are going to stop responding.

You are new, handing out inaccurate information like you know what you are talking about to another new person (the blind leading the blind) and got angry because someone over 2 years out and other people that are vets agreed with them.

Posters like you are exactly why most of the vets don't answer questions or even read most of the forum anymore. Bravo.

You have been behaving like a spoiled irrational child this entire thread. You were wrong, and you can't accept it. Grow up.

@@wendypenn

They are twits. If you can't trust medical professionals to use proper terminology, what can you trust them with?

Edited by OutsideMatchInside

nrgastro.2013.119-f1.jpg

Gastric-sleeve-vs-gastric-bypass-1024x36

I have to say, some of the replies here have some good information, but some are...

giphy.gif

Y'all can decide which is which. ;-) I am not guiltless in piling on, but just from my point of view, I think the point has been made.

Drama always happens when someone takes good advice as a personal attack. Their normal response to it is almost always over the top. Moving right along...

Wow! What a post!

Let's see I think the original question was about soda......so I'll try to give my response to that. I'm a little over 6.5 months post op and I haven't had any soda....I've taken a couple of sips from time to time and it no longer really appeals to me....and I was a diet coke freak before!.....but down the road if I really want some carbonation I'll have some!

Now y'all play nice! haha

Getting myself back on track...

Soda? I'll never miss it. Now beer is a different story. They told me at my program that carbonation was even worse than carbohydrates. I'd swell up and probably explode right there on the spot. You know, sort of like in the video below. ;-) But I went through with the surgery anyway. Slimming down was more important that quaffing a cold one on a hot summer afternoon.

Now, I am learning some things here that are different than what I learned at the program. And being an old guy, I have a "trust but verify" kind of attitude about it all. So my research will continue on until I am satisfied. And I hope one day to be able to have a beer - not four or five, but a beer on a hot summer afternoon. Once in a while. And I will be sure to burp as often as possible to keep from exploding.

As for drama? Wherever there are people, there is going to be drama. The big thing is, are you (and I mean you as in whoever bothers to read this) going to contribute to that drama, or will you be one to defuse it? I wrote some things in this thread I probably should not have, but cleared them up privately. We all can do as we please. We all make mistakes. The only people who don't are liars. It is how we respond to those mistakes that shows our character. And that's nuff said about that.

Thank you for that very instructional post, not sure why you thought you had to school me on carbonation. I'm just looking to encourage and be encouraged not be drilled down like you did.

Thanks anyways. Have a nice one.

She was trying to educate you and anyone else who sees this because you were giving out inaccurate information.
Well there is a nice way to do it and a condescending way to do it.

I swear, @Gustavio....you have a serious habit of poking at certain vets on this board and if you run them off before I get through this surgery and get to my 5 year mark, I'm gonna be very, very irritated. I NEED them. You don't seem to realize that you may need them, too.

It makes me crazy when people QUOTE who I have blocked because then I have to see their nonsense anyways!! GRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

I am three and a half years out and maintaining just fine.

My sleeve tolerates carbonation just fine and hasn't stretched. I am not a kangaroo, so I do not have a pouch. :D

But would beer be different? Beer has hops, and kangaroos hop, so would that make it a pouch? ;-)

this pouch thing is a real issue for some folk.

I don't know if it's an issue for me, but I do like to call my body parts by the correct term. Hell, I don't use text talk when I type and I insist on using correct grammar and punctuation in texts, too. Weird standards, I guess.

I am three and a half years out and maintaining just fine.

My sleeve tolerates carbonation just fine and hasn't stretched. I am not a kangaroo, so I do not have a pouch. :D

But would beer be different? Beer has hops, and kangaroos hop, so would that make it a pouch? ;-)

When I drink beer, I don't hop. I do dance like a fool, though. Hmmm... Maybe that makes it a tutu?