Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just getting started in Richmond

Tomorrow is the big day!!! My band day!! I am so thrilled! Everyone keeps asking "are you nervous?" Im really not. Im a little scared, and Im really excited. Im just not nervous. I know this is the best thing I could ever do for myself. Maybe it will all hit me when I go to St. Marys in the morning. I dont know. For some reason I keep thinking, something is going to happen and Im not going to be able to have it. Maybe thats why Im not nervous. I dont know.Guess Im just waiting for the other shoe to drop ya know!

Best of Luck to you Allis everything is going to be just fine. Take it easy don't eat anything or drink anything after your cut off time tonight like they told you and you will be fine. Remember to keep walking around the hospital floor after your surgery as it will help keep the gas pains down later. Take a pair of sweats and a t shirt along with a pair of flip flops or some shoes you can slide on oh don't forget the loose fitting undies. Make sure you have your heating pad for home.:)

I am just getting started with the program. Saw Dr. Shroder and Ronnie Saunder (psych person) in the same day. I have appts to seem my PCP and Nutritionist. My downfall may be that I am having arthoscope on my knee on April 30th. Does anyone know if its possible to exercise just not the bum knee? I figure all ask the nutritionist at SMH since I see her before the surgery. Sorry for run on sentences for sounding confused. Its been a long day and the pollen isn't helping. :thumbup:

Hi Babette -

I had arthroscopic on my right knee a few months ago, then received Synvisc injections in the same knee. I was still having issues with it before banding. I was banded on 4/4 and between the pre-op diet, losing post banding and the toradal they gave me in the hospital, my knee pain has been greatly reduced. Walking is not even an issue right now. Don't get me wrong, i still have a few issues with the knees and i don't plan on jogging soon, but for now the walking is great. i've got some ankle weights to add if it gets a little too easy.

good luck!

Amy

AllisAngel - have been thinking about you all weekend! Hope everything went well and you are now feeling great! Can't wait to hear. I did get my surgery date - may 15. Day before my Birthday! Fitting huh?

Anyway - thinking of you. Did they send you home or let you spend the night (I mean make you pay to spend the night :biggrin:) Hang in

Hi Folks- Im back and Im banded!! I lost 10 pounds on the liver shrinking diet, but I know by now Im smaller. Im really in no pain, just light soreness near the port area. I am quite tired of the Carnation Instant Breakfast, but I have to deal for a few more days. Once Friday comes, I get mushies!!!! WHOOOHOO!!! Ive never been so excited to get mashed potatoes! So I have to admit something, this seems all so sureal. I mean I know its happened, but it doesnt feel like it has. I keep waiting for the dream to be over. Did anyone else feel this way? I also havent very social the last few days, Ive just been lost inside my own thoughts. I think Im coming out of it, but I didnt know if these feelings were normal or what. Ive never been good with change, maybe thats what my problem is.

Congratulations, When did you have surgery and how long were you in the hospital? Did Dr. Bautista do your surgery? It's wonderful to hear you are feeling so well. I have surgery on May 14th and need to go to my daughters Graduation on the 17th. I hope I will be able to get there and not look sickly. I am trying not to tell anyone that I'm having this done, too many negative people and I'm not up to hearing all of it right yet. I really hope you continue to feel good.

Susie

AllisAngel- so glad to hear from you and that you are doing so well. I would think your reaction is very normal - combo of HUGE life change, change in food, not to mention - surgery and kind of laying low for a few days. Once you get out with your friends and family, I bet things will normalize. So much new - very surreal - but how exciting! Hang in there and Congratulations! (want to hear more about experience!)

NewMe - you and I are almost the same date - I am 15th with Brengman. Who is your dr? Have you done your psych evaluation? When are you going to your nutrition meeting? I bet you will be fine by the 17th! Just add some blush a good lipstick and think of all the weight you will already have lost from the liver shrinking diet (they need a new name for that phase!)! You will look great. I too have told few. Told a good friend- great reaction, told sister - bad reaction and now I am keeping quiet. Husband has been ultra supportive (thank goodness) but I usually like bringing my friends into my decisions. This is such a big one for me as weight has been a HUGE cloud over my head my entire life! I need support right now - not negativism!

2BEA12BY50. i AM ASSUMING THAT YOU ARE GOING TO BE TURNING 50 SOON ALSO. I AM TURNING 50 IN MAY AND I AM HOPING BY 51 I AM FEELING AND YES LOOKING MUCH BETTER. I AM GOING TO BE A GRANDMOTHER IN SEPTEMBER AND I WANT TO BE ABLE TO ENJOY MY GRANDCHILDREN. I AM GOING TO THE DAY OF MEETINGS ON APRIL 28TH.

I AGREE I'D RATHER CALL IT THE PR OP DIET LIVER SHRINKING SOUNDS NASTY. DO YOU KNOW IF THE TWO GROUPS SHARE THE MEETINGS? GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND LET MEKNOW HOW THINGS ARE PROGRESSING. I HAVE NEVER BEEN MUCH INTO THESE BLOG THINGS BEFORE BUT IT'S THE ONLY PLACE I FEEL I CAN GET A POSITIVE REINFORCEMENTS. MY HUSBAND IS SUPPORTIVE BUT SKEPTICAL BECAUSE HE HAS SEEN ME START AND FAIL AS SO MANY DIETS BEFORE.

SUSIE

Dear Newme - yes will be 50 next May (09) so I thought a 12 by 50 would be realistic! I too have told no one and I have also never really done these groups before. I did have my psyche today and she said to be sure to do support groups if I don't have the friend network, She said they were very supportive and full of great info. The only thing I have left to do is a nutrition meeting next monday. My only problems is that I have nodules on my thyroid which I had a needle biopsi on yesterday and if they decide to remove my thyroid, Brengman has already said he would rather do that first - unless it can wait until the fall and there will be less neck to go through! I am hoping for the best and proceeding as though this will all happen on May 15! Keep your fingers crossed! This will be fun to have a Richmond Buddy!

Hi everyone- I just wanted to check in. Ive been reading more than typing this week. I am still trying to pull myself out of this funk. Last week at this time, I was at St. Marys hospital hanging out, and now Im here at home watching Wheel of Fortune. I started my mushy diet yesterday, so far so good. I havent had any problems with the food. I have found a new love for refried Beans. I do have trouble with my Vitamins for Calcium. Im going to see if I can find a chewable for that, also for my allergy pill too. They just feel like they dont wanna move down, but they arent getting stuck or anything. My boyfriend has been staying with me since Sunday, so I have had a babysitter pretty much since I left the hospital. I go for my post up check up with Dr. Schroder on Wednesday, Im interested to see how much weight I have lost. I know I lost 10 pounds on the LSD diet. My boyfriend says he can totally see a huge change. I was like honey not everyone gets to see me naked like you. I did notice this morning when I had to go to the dentist my seatbelt didnt choke me all the way there. So that was a small victory. Today is the first day in my head Ive felt like I could eat more than what I should. I know that probably sounds stupid. I only ate my 4 oz and I was happy with it, but my head said hey you could really have some more ya know. So I told my head, you were the 1st one who got me in this fat situation, Im not listening to you anymore. I wasnt starving to begin with, and I wasnt still hungry afterwords. These games your head plays with you. Sabotage seems to be lingering in my minds head for some reason, and I just cant allow that. I will say that I am worried about going back to work. I have only told a handful of people there what I am doing, and Im a little scared of what to say when I do get there. I mean they havent seen me in a week and all of a sudden there is a lot less of me. I dont know quite how to answe that one yet. I guess we will see when the time comes. Well thanks for letting me vent, I appreciate it.

I just had my sugery evaluation with Dr. Brengman yesterday. I went for the psy evaluation 2 weeks ago. They are submitted my paperwork today and I hope I get approved. I work for anthem bcbs and I am hoping they don't give me problems. Can someone tell me roughly from the time they got approve to the time they actually got banded?

Thanks

Chris

:)

Good morning CHris, I was approved on March 20 and my surgery is scheduled on May 14th. That was Dr. Bautista's next available. It took me from September to March to get approved though. Good luck. The time actually passed fairly quickly. I have Cigna and I think they are worst for approvals especially with a 37 BMI and 2 comorbidities. Good luck.

Susie

Hey there Chris..

I dont think you will have any problem with your approval. I have Anthem... Dr. Brengman's office submitted my paper work on Oct. 30 and I had approval on Oct. 31st. Surgery was Jan. 7. It took a bit longer because of the Holiday I think. But the time flew by! Before you know it you will have a band and be on your way to a healthier you! Good luck!