Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

VERY tired on my pre-op diet and low blood pressure

Hello all!

I am having my surgery on Monday Dec 5th and I was just wondering if anyone on their pre-op liquid diets are going through the same thing I am.

I am VERY tired all of the time since being on this liquid diet.< br />I've always been a 'night owl' and up until the wee hours of the morning, but now I cannot wait to go to bed...which is usually around 8pm and that is SO unusual for me.

As i'm writing this, my eyelids are droopy and I just want to sleep!

The first 3-5 days of my liquid diet i felt like i was completely in a 'fog' state. I just felt so WEIRD!

Also, i went to my pre-admission appointment yesterday and my blood pressure was so crazy low. I forget what the top number was (but it was lower than usual), but the bottom number was like 60.
Usually im like 110/80 or higher)

The nurse said it was pretty common while on these liquid diets but I was just wondering if anyone else is going through it as well.

That might explain the dizziness that I had all day yesterday <shrug>

post-306238-0-02531600-1480623308_thumb.jpg

post-306238-0-47442500-1480623308_thumb.jpg

post-306238-0-90594300-1480623308_thumb.jpg

post-306238-0-37224100-1480623309_thumb.jpg

Edited by olivejuice

I wasn't like that. Your pre-op diet seems more liberal than what mine was. Mine was 2 shakes - Breakfast and lunch, and a lean meat with veggies for dinner. No Snacks.< /p>

Edited by Hazel_eyez

I had surgery in October and I was not allowed any solids. For 10 days I lived on Protein shakes, creamed Soups that had been strained of solids (no pureeing), sugar free Jello, Cream of Wheat thinned, herbal tea. I was very tired since I was not allowed coffee or diet Coke. My blood pressure is always low. I was 105 over 65. Doctor said this was normal.

Had lapband surgery 10/12/16

I did 18 days of just Protein drinks, no food at all. It's exhausting to reduce your calories in such a drastic way, so no wonder you are tired.

Rest when you need to, you will eventually get your energy back!!

Kate

I am on day 4 of my liquid diet and its pretty hardcore as well, no solid foods. I have been so exhausted and today I was super nauseous. I guess it most likely is just the drastic change in diet and calorie intake, so our bodies are just a little shocked by it all. Thank goodness this is all temporary! Good luck on your surgery that is around the corner!

My surgery is Monday also and I'm on day 4 of my pre op diet. My diet is similar to yours only Protein shakes and Clear liquids. I am going to bed earlier but I haven't been dizzy at all.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I was told to take Vitamin B12 for a little bit of energy. I work long days and up super early. Im day 2 of pre-op! Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

If you were used to eating high carbs and processed foods your body may be going thru a slight detox. Your diet seems pretty liberal compared to some which are only Protein drinks for a couple of weeks. It's good to sleep 8 hrs and many have never done before due to poor diets. Enjoy your sleep time, and hope you feel better.

Sent from my SM-G900H using the BariatricPal App

I did 18 days of just Protein drinks, no food at all. It's exhausting to reduce your calories in such a drastic way, so no wonder you are tired.

Rest when you need to, you will eventually get your energy back!!

Kate

Thank you for that info, Kate! Much appreciated :)