Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First Day of Pre-op Diet!

Day 4 of my pre-op diet. I'm over the hurdle! No more stomach grumbling. My brain and stomach have decided to cooperate. Thank God!! Countdown? 1 week, 4 days, 12 hours, 45 minutes, 50 seconds, give or take until my surgery!! Yay!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

@@GBLady41, you are on it Miss Thang!!!!

Keep it up!

I was a total B*tch to my hubby last night... I think I was HANGRY!! Today, my stomach hurts because it is begging me to feed it... tomorrow will be better...

Well, finished with Day 6 of my pre-op diet. Getting better every day. My mom, daughter and me interred most of my dad's ashes today. Very emotional and good for all of us I think. My strong urge to chew something has lessoned a bit today. I can do this!! WE CAN DO THIS!!!

How is everyone doing?

I'm right there with you gf!! Hang in!

Day 12 of my pre-op diet. 4 days till my surgery!!! Yay!!!! ✌️

@@GBLady41, you're in the home stretch! Keep up the good work!

I started my pre-op (RNY) diet this Tuesday. It's a three week diet. Surgery is 12/27. I struggled through yesterday afternoon. I'm feeling much better today. Diet consists of four (4) - 8oz skim milk slim fast high Protein shakes (I blend in ice for the last one of the day for fill), 64oz of Water, and raw veggies when I'm hungry (which is all of the time!). I munch on full size carrots at my desk while working and keep chugging my Water. Thinking I'm Bugs Bunny while chomping away on the carrots helps keep my spirits up.

With all of the water I'm drinking, the frequent trips to the bathroom are a little annoying, but my body will adapt. I'm really looking forward to the decrease in hunger pangs post-surgery. Other than the hunger pangs, the quick muscle fatigue is irritating. I'm a muscular guy (under all my fat) and I'm afraid I'll lose a lot of that muscle during this process. The other huge thing that is rough is when I'm helping my wife and daughter get dinner together. The food smells soooooo good. Last night all I wanted was some flavor other than a shake. I just wanted some broth or something with some sodium. I've resisted the urge so far. I just look at my daughter and think about how I'm doing it for her (and me).

I don't get emotional about the idea of not being able to eat the things I used to eat, but I do dwell on it. Okay, maybe a little emotional :) When I walk to work and pass by a food truck or restaurant and can smell the amazing aromas, I get a little sad. I know after surgery I can still eat some of those foods, just in much smaller portions, but many foods are now prohibited for life. I just hope after surgery, my food preferences change. I think they will over time. My rationale is this: pre-surgery, healthy eating was a lifestyle choice, post-surgery, healthy eating is a medical necessity. I know it was a medical necessity pre-surgery, at least if I cared about my health, but eating the bad foods wouldn't have immediate negative feedback like RNY will. Sorry for the long post. It's my first post. I look forward to following the threads. Good luck everyone!

Edited by cakatron

Once I got through the first 2 days, i was okay. The hunger and the headaches weren't as bad. But ohhhh man, those first couple days i was not happy!! Lol :) You got this!!! <3

Day 14 of my pre-op diet. Tomorrow is my surgery!! I'm so excited I can't believe I'm finally here!

Best of luck, GBLady41.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@GBLady41, congratulations! I know you're excited