Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 days post op and screwed up bad...

Come on now. I totally think she gets it!! And every Dr.'s guidelines are different. I don't think she would lie about the prune juice and able to have 100% juice. She got it pretty hard guys. Each and every one of us had and still do make mistakes. She admits to having PSTD and an eating disorder she needs a little slap on the hand (which I feel she got whole heartedly) Hon, I am scared for you. Please reach out to your Dr and your Nutritionist/counselor. Like you said we all have problems with our food. Don't take everything that was said to you hard. KEEP ON KEEPING ON!!!

I wasn't saying anyone is better than anyone else. I think that people who eff up need to have a stern slap on the hand to make them realize how dangerous their decision is.

Wait, WHUUUUT!?!?! My advice to you was out of concern. I was sincere in my thoughts and in my advice. Never did I scold you or "batter" you. Never did I say you didn't take the process seriously, and never did I belittle you.

If you are taking my efforts to help you as a "kick", that's on you, not me.

Feel free to block me. And again, best of luck to you.

I won't block you but I do mean what I said. That is exactly how you and that other girl made me feel and I know that you know that. Perhaps some of us are just kinder when we speak to those who are stuggling, I don't know. It was hard to pick up on your concern and easy to pick up on the ridicule. Anyway, thanks for the goodluck.

Sent from my SM-G530T using the BariatricPal App

Come on now. I totally think she gets it!! And every Dr.'s guidelines are different. I don't think she would lie about the prune juice and able to have 100% juice. She got it pretty hard guys. Each and every one of us had and still do make mistakes. She admits to having PSTD and an eating disorder she needs a little slap on the hand (which I feel she got whole heartedly) Hon, I am scared for you. Please reach out to your Dr and your Nutritionist/counselor. Like you said we all have problems with our food. Don't take everything that was said to you hard. KEEP ON KEEPING ON!!!

Thank you shedo. I have my post op appointment on tuesday. He's out of the office till then. I've decided that I'm going to let him know. Thank you for your support.

This is the last I'll say, I promise.

There was no ridicule on my part. I am sorry you took it that way because it was not at all intended. I am 3.5 years out and I do post here because I care about paying forward the support I got.

I get that you are scared and hormonal and hangry, and I do believe that's a big part of why you are taking out some frustration on me. That's OK. I can take it.

I hope the rest of your journey is smooth.

Thank you shedo. I have my post op appointment on tuesday. He's out of the office till then. I've decided that I'm going to let him know. Thank you for your support.

YOU BET!!!

More than the guilt and shame you're feeling, it's dangerous to be eating solids right now (no matter how well chewed they might be) when you're supposed to be sticking to liquids. You have stitches on the inside, everything is still swollen, stuff can get stuck, etc. It sounds like that's not going to happen to you, which is good, but we're all entering holiday food season -- once you get to puréed foods and then solids, it would be wise for you to stock up on the things you can eat so you're better prepared. Yogurt, Jello, lentil Soup, bean Soup, etc. Give the program you're on a chance to work.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I really hope it doesn't. I know I'll be fine once I can eat full liquids. And stock up on the types of things you've mentioned.

Im not going to beat u up, sounds like youve done enough of that yourself. But theyre all right, its not about you falling off the wagon. If you were 3 or 4 months out, i think those words wouldve been different. But, youre just fresh from surgery and we're really worried about your health. Im 8wks out and i know that im still healing. My stomach is still really sore so i cant imagine eating 1 wk from surgery. I dont have a appetite now, i have to make myself eat. 78lbs later, im really happy that i can find other things to do to keep my mind off of food and do other things. Keep us posted and if you need to talk, send me a friend request on fb, ill talk with you anytime. I just want us all to succeed. We all had a life changing surgery and just give it a chance to do what it should. Pamela taite-pressey

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

and PS, get ready for several more weeks of feeling deprived. Each stage gets a little easier but but I don't think any of us breezed through them all without feeling hungry or being tempted. You must mentally prepare that the next 6 weeks are just going to be tough.

Youre right ella37. Wewere sleeved in the same week. 10/4. Im just able to eat regular on this monday so youre telling her the right things. Its just so important for her to understand what danger she put herself in

Wait, WHUUUUT!?!?! My advice to you was out of concern. I was sincere in my thoughts and in my advice. Never did I scold you or "batter" you. Never did I say you didn't take the process seriously, and never did I belittle you.

If you are taking my efforts to help you as a "kick", that's on you, not me.

Feel free to block me. And again, best of luck to you.

I won't block you but I do mean what I said. That is exactly how you and that other girl made me feel and I know that you know that. Perhaps some of us are just kinder when we speak to those who are stuggling, I don't know. It was hard to pick up on your concern and easy to pick up on the ridicule. Anyway, thanks for the goodluck.

Don't sweat it. Take it as a lesson learned and move on. Also, don't sweat the rudeness you will seen on this site. I do not know how long you have been on the site but you will learn very quickly that there are about 3-4 people who only comment of people's threads to create drama. I do not know what they are lacking in their personal life to want to do this, but it's sad. I feel sorry for them. I do not answer to them, I do not pay them no mind. You should do the same. Btw, pudding was allowed on my plan, a week out as well (sugar free of course). Sure this site is for honest feedback but there is a proper way to give it without the person feeling belittled or like a failure. The girl admitted that she knew she messed up so why continue to rub it in her face that she did? Does that make you feel like the cool kid on the play ground? Perhaps, she wanted to unload the guilt she was feeling and get it off her chest but was ashamed and didn't want to talk to anyone she knew. It's much easier to admit mistakes to a group of people that you don't know. Perhaps, like me, she had this WILD idea that people in an advice/support forum might actually be supportive. Smh. Also, who are y'all to question what her doc says she can have and who are you to question why she posted what she did? You are just a member of a group, in no greater capacity than any one of us. Catty people are the worst. It's the holiday season! don't be so miserable. Be jolly

With that said, I too am a medical professional and I do think you should mention it to your surgeon for sure. If you feel fine and have no pain or vomiting then wait until your next visit, but do mention it.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by gustavio

Yes, I'm so aware. I could hardly sleep lastnight. I just kept imagining that I would get really sick and possibly die. I have no idea what symptoms to look out for. Could u share some with me? The next thought that kept me up is exactly what u said.....I have no idea how I fit that much in there. The true severity of my food addiction finally showed it's face and that made me worrisome about my future success. Those table spoons of food I mentioned where estimates so I could have over estimated but at this point I don't care how much it was. I wasn't supposed to eat it at all. I must say I feel okay, just as I've been feeling. I haven't had a BM yet but I do feel well. I'm terrified to tell my surgeon. He's very very Stern-as he should be but he's going to scold me so badly and I'll probably cry. I want to just continue like.nothing happened and just never mess up again. I don't want him to know. At the same time I do want him to know. I know I won't make this mistake again, the paranoia and guilt is worse than anything I've ever felt before.

Your surgeon needs to know, and being afraid to tell him is another symptom of a food addiction. He can direct you to a therapist who can help you deal with the addiction...you were willing to risk your life to eat stuffing, so it's pretty serious, as you clearly recognize. This isn't just a physical game, it's a huge mental trial and many of us need professional help to conquer to mental part.

You need to watch for abdominal pain, blood in your stool, vomiting blood and/or fever over the next few days in the event that you did damage your staple line. Please take care of yourself and speak with your surgical practice on Monday!

Already going to counseling, I know why I put myself at risk. I have ptsd and also an eating disorder. Like I said.....I feel fine, in fact I feel better than I did yesturday. Prune juice is recommend if I feel I need it. I'll call him if I think it's necessary and I don't feel well. Thanks.

I didn't read the whole thread before commenting, my bad. Good for you for being in therapy already, I think most of us would do much better post-op if we were seeing a mental health professional with training in eating disorders. Good luck to you :)

When I saw your post and that it was in the trending section I had an idea of how it was going to go and I thought...ahh poor person who thought it was a good idea to post here about blowing their post-op liquid diet. I hope you have thick skin.

I like to comment on all of the posts about screwing up the diets that everyone else followed religiously and never messed up, because I am generally a big proponent of doing what works for you, which is often directly against what the literature says you should be doing. My stipulation though is that rules can be bent a smidge at the phase when you're almost done with soft foods, and flat out broken at some point beyond the two month mark where you can't actually hurt yourself by eating anything, but just won't really do yourself any favors. In the first weeks after surgery, even I, the person who most heavily advocates for making informed decisions that don't always align with doctor's orders, tend to say to stick with the plan you are given because it does actually impact your health and safety.

That being said...clearly you know you made a mistake and since you've been commenting in here, you're doing just fine. Your mistake didn't hurt you this time, and so use this as a learning experience and move forward. We all screw up, but those of us who have maintained weight loss successfully know that when you fall off the wagon, you just have to get right back up. For the next few weeks, you aren't going to feel great, you will want normal food, and you are going to be cranky. It really does get better from here though and soon enough you will be back at a point where you can eat whatever you want (in small portions) and if your experience is like mine, you really won't have any great desire for food you shouldn't be eating.

The sleeve is a long and periodically miserable journey. I am now 38 months post-op and I have maintained within 3 pounds of goal (above and below) for about 20 months, and within 3-4 pounds of goal for about 2 years now. There are days I eat things I shouldn't, but for the most part I don't care a whole lot about food anymore. I weigh myself everyday and when I find that my weight is creeping up again, I go back to being more strict with my diet. Right now you don't have the value of hindsight, so I'll give you mine. For every bit of misery that the first few weeks- months caused, every single second was worth it. I remember sobbing to my best friend the first week that I had ruined my life. I spent most of years 2-3 puking everytime I tried to eat anything that wasn't a dry carb, and I still can't eat a bunch of stuff without getting sick. I look at my scars from plastic surgery and sometimes I feel ashamed. I look at cake and Cookies and sometimes miss my old friends. I then go put on my size 2 jeans and my xs shirt and I smile....because in the end, all of the feeling of missing out on something and being sick and tired and hungry, it all pays off.

You can do this. Time passes no matter what you do, so as long as you keep putting one foot in front of the other, handle every day as it comes, and use your past mistakes as ways to learn and do better in the future, soon enough you will realize that your life goes back to normal, except it's a new normal where you are healthy, happy, and when you can look back on this point and realize that all of the misery now was worth the future, which at some point will be your present.

When I saw your post and that it was in the trending section I had an idea of how it was going to go and I thought...ahh poor person who thought it was a good idea to post here about blowing their post-op liquid diet. I hope you have thick skin.

I like to comment on all of the posts about screwing up the diets that everyone else followed religiously and never messed up, because I am generally a big proponent of doing what works for you, which is often directly against what the literature says you should be doing. My stipulation though is that rules can be bent a smidge at the phase when you're almost done with soft foods, and flat out broken at some point beyond the two month mark where you can't actually hurt yourself by eating anything, but just won't really do yourself any favors. In the first weeks after surgery, even I, the person who most heavily advocates for making informed decisions that don't always align with doctor's orders, tend to say to stick with the plan you are given because it does actually impact your health and safety.

That being said...clearly you know you made a mistake and since you've been commenting in here, you're doing just fine. Your mistake didn't hurt you this time, and so use this as a learning experience and move forward. We all screw up, but those of us who have maintained weight loss successfully know that when you fall off the wagon, you just have to get right back up. For the next few weeks, you aren't going to feel great, you will want normal food, and you are going to be cranky. It really does get better from here though and soon enough you will be back at a point where you can eat whatever you want (in small portions) and if your experience is like mine, you really won't have any great desire for food you shouldn't be eating.

The sleeve is a long and periodically miserable journey. I am now 38 months post-op and I have maintained within 3 pounds of goal (above and below) for about 20 months, and within 3-4 pounds of goal for about 2 years now. There are days I eat things I shouldn't, but for the most part I don't care a whole lot about food anymore. I weigh myself everyday and when I find that my weight is creeping up again, I go back to being more strict with my diet. Right now you don't have the value of hindsight, so I'll give you mine. For every bit of misery that the first few weeks- months caused, every single second was worth it. I remember sobbing to my best friend the first week that I had ruined my life. I spent most of years 2-3 puking everytime I tried to eat anything that wasn't a dry carb, and I still can't eat a bunch of stuff without getting sick. I look at my scars from plastic surgery and sometimes I feel ashamed. I look at cake and Cookies and sometimes miss my old friends. I then go put on my size 2 jeans and my xs shirt and I smile....because in the end, all of the feeling of missing out on something and being sick and tired and hungry, it all pays off.

You can do this. Time passes no matter what you do, so as long as you keep putting one foot in front of the other, handle every day as it comes, and use your past mistakes as ways to learn and do better in the future, soon enough you will realize that your life goes back to normal, except it's a new normal where you are healthy, happy, and when you can look back on this point and realize that all of the misery now was worth the future, which at some point will be your present.

Sensible and perfectly said AvaFern.

You posted for support and insight, I'm sure. Here's mine....take care of yourself, put yourself first, baby yourself, take the needed time to heal, and be kind to yourself.

I am six weeks post op and I am still eating mostly puréed Soups with added Protein, yogurt, cottage cheese, applesauce, Jello, and two Premier shakes a day. My challenge is in drinking enough liquid, not protein intake.

Keep a journal of what you eat, your excercise, and how you are feeling. That has helped me. I wish for you the best.

More than the guilt and shame you're feeling, it's dangerous to be eating solids right now (no matter how well chewed they might be) when you're supposed to be sticking to liquids. You have stitches on the inside, everything is still swollen, stuff can get stuck, etc. It sounds like that's not going to happen to you, which is good, but we're all entering holiday food season -- once you get to puréed foods and then solids, it would be wise for you to stock up on the things you can eat so you're better prepared. Yogurt, Jello, lentil Soup, bean Soup, etc. Give the program you're on a chance to work.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I really hope it doesn't. I know I'll be fine once I can eat full liquids. And stock up on the types of things you've mentioned.

Im not going to beat u up, sounds like youve done enough of that yourself. But theyre all right, its not about you falling off the wagon. If you were 3 or 4 months out, i think those words wouldve been different. But, youre just fresh from surgery and we're really worried about your health. Im 8wks out and i know that im still healing. My stomach is still really sore so i cant imagine eating 1 wk from surgery. I dont have a appetite now, i have to make myself eat. 78lbs later, im really happy that i can find other things to do to keep my mind off of food and do other things. Keep us posted and if you need to talk, send me a friend request on fb, ill talk with you anytime. I just want us all to succeed. We all had a life changing surgery and just give it a chance to do what it should. Pamela taite-pressey

Thank you for reaching out to me. I will send u a friend request.