Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Seriously?

Thanks for the shoutout, @LipstickLady.

I see the conversation you artfully re-created happening almost every day here.

I do wonder if it's a statement about our society in general that any and all criticism is construed as a knife-in-the-back, all out call to arms.

We all make mistakes, (diet related or otherwise) and we will surely continue to do so as long as we continue to breathe. It's a part of life, there's always something we could have done better. How did these kinds of people cope with getting a B- in school? A less than perfect review at their employment? A speeding or parking ticket?

Many people have been coddled all the way through life...a B- was fine, because the teacher just wasn't fair, neither is their boss. And you know, the police target red cars. This brings this conversation full circle (and I could kiss you for it!!)...taking responsibility for their actions is something many people have a terrible time doing. I see it here EVERY day, in posts about "I couldn't stop myself" and "I can't help it, I'm only human". Be accountable for your own actions, take ownership of your behavior...we're all better people when we do.

@@summerset don't you know by now it only ok to Rant and Rave when you agree with them..... you see. First time you have an opinion other than theirs.... you are a bad stupid person that knows nothing.... Lord forbid if you throw any dirt back at them.... then they climb on their soap box and point out to everyone what a horrible person you are...

there's a time for cuddling and a time not too.... but some since of couth needs to be used.

I do understand your anger and wanting to lash out at them and saying what you said... Trust.. Notice they all got to say what they wanted, but you said the F word.... and all hell has broken lose...

This is as good an example as any of a brain bending logical fallacy.

You are deploying a textbook False Dichotomy with your "us vs then" language here. We are not wearing jerseys. There are not 2 teams on BP, the offended and the offenders. Everyone on this site comes from diverse backgrounds and we all share somewhat different opinions on all matters, diet or otherwise. You should get it out of your head that there is a surreptitious campaign going on, where multitudes of people conspire against you.

I mean his in the nicest way possible, but I don't think you're really important enough for people to run a covert smear campaign against. There's no media black ops going on here, just people who disagree with you.

Which brings me to your ad hominem attacks: name calling and accusations don't bolster your argument. In fact, it's most often used as a tactic by people who have no valid argument.

Your strawman: you claim that you're simply defending your opinion and called bad and stupid by soapboxers. That you are under attack by these uncouth bullies. The problem? You can't seem to come up with any instances where someone from "the other" group called you names. You created that argument and then struck that argument down yourself. Circular logic at its best.

Well I'm definitely guilty of sneaking a cracker here or a bite of something because after the pre-op diet, surgery and post op diet I missed certain foods that I hadn't had in it seems like months. I have 3 kids and a wonderful husband and it's true we have to DECIDE to change. I found myself tasting meals that I prepared for my family and I didn't prepare properly. Like having my food prepared to snack on to fight those urges. We mess up at times but I appreciate a swift kick in the but! Get it together or you will waste this amazing opportunity. It's so easy to get caught into bad habits especially around the Holidays and getting busy, but you can't justify bad habits because they won't go anywhere. Thanks for all who shares. It helps me either way

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@ShelterDog64

Oh my word, it makes perfect sense now.

See, I thought it was because I try to abide traffic laws (my driver's license is my means to generate income, after all) but it's actually because my car is black!

I feel like I was just granted diplomatic immunity! (a power I solemnly swear to only exercise with the utmost dignity and reservedness, in case anyone is reading this who wants to promote me to ambassador)

@@ShelterDog64

See, I thought it was because I try to abide traffic laws (my driver's license is my means to generate income, after all) but it's actually because my car is black!

I feel like I was just granted diplomatic immunity! (a power I solemnly swear to only exercise with the utmost dignity and reservedness, in case anyone is reading this who wants to promote me to ambassador)

It's like having a blindfold removed, isn't it? All you have to do is be a victim, and suddenly, you don't have to take responsibility for ANYTHING!

Bad breath? You partner cooked with garlic, and you HAD to eat it!

Late for work? Your alarm didn't go off, which has NOTHING to do with you not turning it on!

Ate a Big Mac 3 days post op? You COULDN'T STOP YOURSELF...you had an out of body experience!

@@ShelterDog64

It's like having a blindfold removed, isn't it? All you have to do is be a victim, and suddenly, you don't have to take responsibility for ANYTHING! Bad breath? You partner cooked with garlic, and you HAD to eat it! Late for work? Your alarm didn't go off, which has NOTHING to do with you not turning it on! Ate a Big Mac 3 days post op? You COULDN'T STOP YOURSELF...you had an out of body experience!

I get it now!

On a side note, I just don't understand the physiology of the Big Mac example. I am into my 3rd week preop and I haven't eaten anything for 3 days now. I was feeling pretty hungry for a few days after surgery, but that monkey went south and hasn't come back since. I'm not going to force myself to eat when I don't feel hungry, but just the thought of noshing down a hamburger (or anything) right now is sickening.

So.. "Rants and raves".. THIS is were the sane post WLS people hang out!

I guess the "in" is silent (and invisible) before sane. :)

Th I g got sort of bumpy so century I posted that but overall I still stand by it. I'm going to eat some cream pie, it's not on my official plan but after I put the crust in the blender it will be pureed. A slice should be about 3 oz? I don't have a scale or a measuring cup...

@@summerset don't you know by now it only ok to Rant and Rave when you agree with them..... you see. First time you have an opinion other than theirs.... you are a bad stupid person that knows nothing.... Lord forbid if you throw any dirt back at them.... then they climb on their soap box and point out to everyone what a horrible person you are...

there's a time for cuddling and a time not too.... but some since of couth needs to be used.

I do understand your anger and wanting to lash out at them and saying what you said... Trust.. Notice they all got to say what they wanted, but you said the F word.... and all hell has broken lose...

This is as good an example as any of a brain bending logical fallacy.

You are deploying a textbook False Dichotomy with your "us vs then" language here. We are not wearing jerseys. There are not 2 teams on BP, the offended and the offenders. Everyone on this site comes from diverse backgrounds and we all share somewhat different opinions on all matters, diet or otherwise. You should get it out of your head that there is a surreptitious campaign going on, where multitudes of people conspire against you.

I mean his in the nicest way possible, but I don't think you're really important enough for people to run a covert smear campaign against. There's no media black ops going on here, just people who disagree with you.

Which brings me to your ad hominem attacks: name calling and accusations don't bolster your argument. In fact, it's most often used as a tactic by people who have no valid argument.

Your strawman: you claim that you're simply defending your opinion and called bad and stupid by soapboxers. That you are under attack by these uncouth bullies. The problem? You can't seem to come up with any instances where someone from "the other" group called you names. You created that argument and then struck that argument down yourself. Circular logic at its best.

This!

Now this response is logical, sensible and again, down to earth.

Logical, calm perception with logical and calm explanation.

Attempts to thwart logic and attempts at controlling via mind bending just does not work!

Neither does circular logic.

Reading this and wondering why shelterdog64 seems so focused on what others are doing. We are all addicts and food is our drug of choice and none is better than the next. Live your life and learn to let others travel their own road. I am new to this forum and was disappointed reading ur post. Its very negative and what purpose does it serve. Think about that. Newcomer.

Sent from my LG-H812 using the BariatricPal App

Interesting...I think @@ShelterDog64 is simply voicing his/her opinions, just like you are. I think what you said is negative. I mean, you can post what you like. You can't control the responses you get. There's nothing to think about. How about you follow your OWN advice? Live your life and let others travel their own road. And let me add, Just own up to it and stop trying to validate your mistakes.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

@@LipstickLady I think you misunderstood. I wan't apologizing... i was simply saying lets move on...Im sure you have better things to do with your time then going back and forth with a person on the internet.... I know i do.... Just let it go...

So...you can accuse someone of something but not take the time to back it up? Why did you do that in the first place? Why would you try to slander someone's name, and then NOT back it up? And then, to top it off, you decided to NOT apologize for it? It seems to me the problem is way more you, and really not LipstickLady at all. Hmmm

@@LipstickLady Done with you..... You have to know what kind of person you are when your tag line says.... If you think I suck as a person, click on my profile and then click BLOCK. You won't see my posts. No hard feelings.

@@ShelterDog64 Again Sorry for all this... I've tried to have her let it go, but i guess for some ... it's not possible.

Yeah, not when you can't back up what you said. I'd say that's a refusal to take responsibility and accountability for your actions/words/posts.

So.. "Rants and raves".. THIS is were the sane post WLS people hang out!

I guess the "in" is silent (and invisible) before sane. :)

Th I g got sort of bumpy so century I posted that but overall I still stand by it. I'm going to eat some cream pie, it's not on my official plan but after I put the crust in the blender it will be pureed. A slice should be about 3 oz? I don't have a scale or a measuring cup...

Alright, I'll bite....

Is this a joke? I would say that if someone wants to fill up on pie, that's up to them and they know their plan. But if you're puréeing said pie, that means you are basically brand new.

If it's a joke, disregard. If it's not a joke, I'm super curious about where pie fits into a nutritious eating plan immediately after having a surgery for obesity?

The pureed pie comment.

The pie comment was a joke. Or maybe I was just frustrated by the number of new sleevers who come here asking if they can eat sausage, steak, bacon etc 3 days post op. Or choose mashed potatoes from KFC as their first pureed food.

Right before I had my surgery I looked at some utube posts and, no kidding, the women in the first three I watched all said they did not bother with the post surgery diet! One said she ate a 1/2 of a grilled cheese sandwich the first post op week.

With the food questions posted here i can't decide if it's an appalling lack of pre operative education or they just come here hoping someone will tell them what they are doing is fine.

My tolerance for stupid has been pretty low lately.