Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Question for sleevers with a start of 350 +

I know the process works differently for every body but I was just trying to get an idea of what to expect.

How much did you lose during the pre op diet phase (if you had one)?

How much did you lose in the 1st month, 2nd month, 3rd month excetra?

What is your goal weight? How did you decide number?

Did you work with a partner? How is that working out?

I am 36 years old. My start weight is 380. I start the liquid diet for the second time tomorrow. The first time with anticipation of insurance approval that unfort did not come.

I wanted to get an idea of how it affected other people of similar size. I tend to be a little neurotic and I figured if I had some other metrics that it might keep me from getting too caught up in my own "-ness".

I am 5'10 and my current goal weight is 180 , but that is a Fluid goal based on how I look.

The goal is to have my husband follow a month later. I'm excited to have him doing this with me but also nervous as he has been the Tipping Point for falling off the wagon diet wise, in the past.

Pre-op lost 8 pounds. It was 105 degrees every single day, Water weight is real. I wasn't required to lose anything, so it didn't matter. I had a 10 day liquid diet.

1st month 21lbs

2nd month 11.5 lbs

3rd month 13.6

Month 12 144 lbs in total

I never really tracked by month, I looked it up in my log just to post for you, because it doesn't matter. Starting with a BMI of 60 ish. I knew it was going to take me 2 years to lose my weight. It doesn't matter how fast it comes off as long as it comes off. I am glad I didn't lose any faster because it is a lot of get used to and I am still adjusting to being so much smaller.

My goal weight is a weight I was in HS, 180. I picked it along with my Dr because we thought it was realistic. I feel long term I will probably end up lower than that weight just because of how I enjoy to eat, it isn't really conducive to gaining weight.

I do not workout with a partner unless my dog counts. I walked to lose most/all of my weight. I do weights sometimes, but not very consistently. I have been to the gym, maybe 5 -10 times since losing weight. I learned that I hate being in doors, not that I hate being active. Working out indoors is like being in prison for me. I started doing Yoga when I hit around 300 lbs. I go sometimes but not regularly in the summer. I like to be active outdoors, I will return to yoga when it cools off.

I am very against working out with a partner, it is a recipe for failure. Other people will hold you back, they may not match your motivation, drive or schedule. You have to be very self motivated and relying on other people is a bad idea. I walked every day, rain or shine and in the freezing cold in the winter. I bundled up and made sure I walked at least 2 miles a day. 5 miles is better, but 2 was a minimum.

My highest weight was a few years ago in 2011, I was 376. I lost a bit before starting surgery process and was 319 when I was sleeved. I had no pre-op diet. I am almost a year out from surgery and I am 5'5" and will be 38 next month. I have lost almost 157 lbs so far and weigh 162.2 as of this morning. My Dr had a goal of 170 for me. My personal goal is to reach 140 so that I can have a small bounce range and still be in a normal BMI.

I have had decent support from my family but don't have a partner in weight loss.

Edited by reree6898

Pre-op lost 8 pounds. It was 105 degrees every single day, Water weight is real. I wasn't required to lose anything, so it didn't matter. I had a 10 day liquid diet.

1st month 21lbs

2nd month 11.5 lbs

3rd month 13.6

I never really tracked by month, I looked it up in my log just to post for you, because it doesn't matter. Starting with a BMI of 60 ish. I knew it was going to take me 2 years to lose my weight. It doesn't matter how fast it comes off as long as it comes off. I am glad I didn't lose any faster because it is a lot of get used to and I am still adjusting to being so much smaller.

My goal weight is a weight I was in HS, 180. I picked it along with my Dr because we thought it was realistic. I feel long term I will probably end up lower than that weight just because of how I enjoy to eat, it isn't really conducive to gaining weight.

I do not workout with a partner unless my dog counts. I walked to lose most/all of my weight. I do weights sometimes, but not very consistently. I have been to the gym, maybe 5 -10 times since losing weight. I learned that I hate being in doors, not that I hate being active. Working out indoors is like being in prison for me. I started doing Yoga when I hit around 300 lbs. I go sometimes but not regularly in the summer. I like to be active outdoors, I will return to yoga when it cools off.

I am very against working out with a partner, it is a recipe for failure. Other people will hold you back, they may not match your motivation, drive or schedule. You have to be very self motivated and relying on other people is a bad idea. I walked every day, rain or shine and in the freezing cold in the winter. I bundled up and made sure I walked at least 2 miles a day. 5 miles is better, but 2 was a minimum.

I wasnt specifically meaning exercise. I meant the WLS journey in general. My husband and I are both getting the surgery done, with him following a month or so later.

Pre-op lost 8 pounds. It was 105 degrees every single day, Water weight is real. I wasn't required to lose anything, so it didn't matter. I had a 10 day liquid diet.< /p>

1st month 21lbs

2nd month 11.5 lbs

3rd month 13.6

I wasnt specifically meaning exercise. I meant the WLS journey in general. My husband and I are both getting the surgery done, with him following a month or so later.

I know the process works differently for every body but I was just trying to get an idea of what to expect.

I am 36 years old. My start weight is 380. I start the liquid diet for the second time tomorrow. The first time with anticipation of insurance approval that unfort did not come.

I wanted to get an idea of how it affected other people of similar size. I tend to be a little neurotic and I figured if I had some other metrics that it might keep me from getting too caught up in my own "-ness".

I am 5'10 and my current goal weight is 180 , but that is a Fluid goal based on how I look.

The goal is to have my husband follow a month later. I'm excited to have him doing this with me but also nervous as he has been the Tipping Point for falling off the wagon diet wise, in the past.

I started at a considerably higher weight than you. I'll try to answer your questions the best I can.

I don't know how much or even if I lost weight on my pre-op diet. My goal was to shrink my liver. I didn't weigh.

I did lose a lot of weight between the time I was last weighed pre-op and my first follow-up appointment and again for my second follow-up. I don't remember how much.

I don't remember how much I lost each month.

I do remember I blew through my hundred pounds. I have lost over 200 pounds.

Early out, I only weighed at doctors appointments.

I still only weigh infrequently.

Staying off the scale and not focusing on those numbers is the strategy I have chosen to follow. The only thing I need to focus on us following my program, getting in all my Protein and Water, taking my Vitamins, and exercising.

I am over a year post -op (was sleeved April 20, 2015) and am over half-way to goal. My goal weight is arbitrary. I really don't know what my final goal weight is. For now, it is 150 but even 200 would be fabulous.

I have lost over 200 pounds.

Embrace the Stall

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/351046-Embrace-the-Stall

@@QueenOfTheTamazons

I have done this solo, since I live alone and I live in area where I don't know anyone. I still find it easier to be self motivated and rely on myself because no one else can derail me with their lack of motivation or seriousness.

I have friend that are trying to lose and they don't have the motivation. For example I have logged all of my food every single day since surgery. I weigh and measure all of my food. I have a few friends WLS and others that are not consistent with that at all, they go weeks sometimes without logging and none of them weigh their food. If I was relying on them for motivation or support, I would be severely lacking.

I'm not the relationship/marriage type, I am sure for people that are, having the support of their partner makes it easier. Still a lot of people that post here have partners that don't need to lose weight or aren't trying to lose weight and they are still successful.

My weight loss is as follows, no pre-op diet was require by my surgeon,.

SW 361

Month1 -34

Month 2 -20

Month 3 - 20

Month 4 - 11

Month 5 - 17

Total after 9 1/2 Months - 150lbs

I don't get much exercise in except for some walking and occasional trip to the gym but my job keeps me going on my feet and active 10-12 hours a day so a little saving grace for me.

My spouse and daughter do there own thing for meals and I usually just prepare my own meals to make sure I stay on track. I think it will be a lot easy if your spouse does this with you since you will both have the same goal and understand the do's and don't of the program. Some spouses while they try to be supportive just don't understand the program completely and innocently do harm with temptations such as "you can have small piece of this or that, it's chicken" but in reality it is a piece of fried chicken cutlet for example.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I was "pre op" for almost a year and lost about 60 lbs during that year, up until the two weeks prior to surgery. During the two weeks prior to surgery, I lost 14 lbs.

I really didn't keep that close track during weight loss phase, but probably roughly 20 lbs in the first month, then 8 - 10 lbs per month thereafter.

The weight I like to stay at is right around 139. I picked that number because my "normal range" BMI maxes out at 145, and I want to stay within normal BMI every time I weigh in at the doctor's office, including with my clothes on, having my period, and bounced up a couple of pounds. The reason for that is not so much that I personally am obsessed with a "normal" BMI or think it is particularly meaningful, but if I stay within the normal range, I stay OUT of my health insurance's "health coaching" program which means I don't have to endure monthly phone calls with a 25 year old recent college grad with a degree in community health education (or whatever) who wants to lecture me about my diet and exercise. So normal BMI makes my life much happier!

I'm not sure what you mean by that but I think the answer is no.

a guy here, so there is that. I was 394 june 25-16, I was 361 july 11 for surgery, all liquid diet. I have lost right at 92 lbs pretty much 25 a month post surgery each month and not quite at 3 months post op yet, had stall for a week after 5 or 6 weeks, gained 3 and lost 8 week. I have noticed if I do not sleep, I do not lose weight, make sure you sleep! Doctor choose my goal weight, hell I weighed that in 3rd grade, no kidding, I was 6ft tall too. I played football in college at 275 all muscle. I seriously don't see getting under 250, I know muscle lose happens, but...I have a horrible back problem, I exercise very little, walking Walmart is about it.

Edited by volfan

HW: 416

Surgery W: 394

CW: 349

Month 1: 29 lbs

Month 2: 16 lbs (9/20 was 2 month mark)

Sleeved 7/20. Lost 24 lb in first two weeks from surgery. From there, I've lost 21lb in 6 weeks for a total of 45 pounds in 8 weeks, 67 since my highest weight. I would have never lost that much in 2 months otherwise, so I'm happy, but it's not as quick as I'd liked. To me, quick reduction of weight will result in more skin.... if I can lose it more slowly maybe it will snap back better.

Edited by beyondgrief