Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3wks out tacos?

WOW, I wasn't allowed soft foods until week 5 (last Wednesday). I started with plain rotisserie chicken and ground turkey. I was told NO tortillas, bread, anything hard/crispy until the end of week 8, so week 9. As others have said though, each doctor is different!

Omg. You people are nice. No, no you shouldn't have tacos three weeks from surgery. You're trying to lose weight. Ask yourself, do tacos make sense on any diet? No, no they don't.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm not nice, I'm simply tired of being smacked down for pointing out the obvious. So...tacos, ice cream, popcorn and alcohol for everyone!!!

:D :D :D

No!! You're defeating the purpose.

Sent from my KFJWI using the BariatricPal App

Honestly, this is about changing your eating habits all together. It's not about eating the same thing we did before, just smaller portions, it's about changing what your eat so we don't go back to old habits. That said....stick with the diet your surgeon gave you. I was still on Soups because your stomach hasn't healed yet. Be careful....

I'm still on Water, Protein Shakes and pureed soups. Can't keep down more than that. I'm a few days over a month out.

Sent from my KFJWI using the BariatricPal App

WHAT?? We can have pork chops at one week and tacos at three weeks? Then why the hell did I bypass (get it, lol!) the prime rib and sautéed mushrooms at a dinner party last week??? OH, RIGHT... because I was 8 days post-op for sleeve surgery- DUH!

Tell me about it!! Lol peeps here are serious about to. They add cheese, mayo, sour cream like nothing happened to their new stomach. I'm in such disbelief that the question is even treated with legit sincerity. It's common sense. Plus they know even before they had surgery what food they should eat and should not eat because they have met with the nutritionist before even getting weight-loss surgery. They know the answer to the question but their brains are hungry for real food and not Protein Shakes

Tell me about it!! Lol peeps here are serious about to. They add cheese, mayo, sour cream like nothing happened to their new stomach. I'm in such disbelief that the question is even treated with legit sincerity. It's common sense. Plus they know even before they had surgery what food they should eat and should not eat because they have met with the nutritionist before even getting weight-loss surgery. They know the answer to the question but their brains are hungry for real food and not Protein Shakes

Everyone's NUT has different suggested diets. Mine says that we ARE allowed full fat ranch, mayo, cheese etc etc since we only eat a few bites at a meal anyway. I however, choose to eat low fat, low carb. I will NOT let myself become overweight again once my goal is reached. Many people are denied this surgery and I appreciate so much that I wasn't. So I will not sabotage myself for a few minutes of satisfaction followed by hours of guilt and possible weight gain. I am taking advantage of the lack of hunger and not listening to my head. Head hunger is the worst. Meal prepping has been a life saver so there are no last minute changes in what I plan to eat.

Good for you and your nutritionist

WHAT?? We can have pork chops at one week and tacos at three weeks? Then why the hell did I bypass (get it, lol!) the prime rib and sautéed mushrooms at a dinner party last week??? OH, RIGHT... because I was 8 days post-op for sleeve surgery- DUH!

Y'all do realize I was being sarcastic about the pork chops and tacos, right?

It's pretty simple. Follow your program, do what your surgeon and nutritionist approve. (Or not... but don't look for justification when you know you've strayed from the program.)

Uh, I eat full fat cheese, mayo, sour cream etc and I have lost all my excess weight and have been maintaining for a year. I eat very Atkins like. Lots O' meat, green veggies, very low carb, and full fat everything. Even real butter. I find this way of eating keeps me satisfied in between meals.

I also try to mostly eat real food. No fake, processed, or pre packaged stuff. I think that's the key, also.

Uh, I eat full fat cheese, mayo, sour cream etc and I have lost all my excess weight and have been maintaining for a year. I eat very Atkins like. Lots O' meat, green veggies, very low carb, and full fat everything. Even real butter. I find this way of eating keeps me satisfied in between meals.

I also try to mostly eat real food. No fake, processed, or pre packaged stuff. I think that's the key, also.

That's actually my goal, although I hope that for "special occasions" (Thanksgiving comes to mind), I can sneak in the occasional spoonful of mashed potatoes or baked squash!

I, too, eat full fat everything. Sour cream', dressing, glorious cheese'. I eat sausage and bacon and 85/15 ground beef'. Real mayo is key in chicken, shrimp, seafood salads.

The light stuff generally has more carbs, and the full fat stuff tastes better and keeps me full longer.

And butter.... Butter!!

;)

That's actually my goal, although I hope that for "special occasions" (Thanksgiving comes to mind), I can sneak in the occasional spoonful of mashed potatoes or baked squash!

@@leebick

Oh, don't get me wrong. When I have a hankering for some potatoes, I'll either bake up or throw on my grill some sweet or red potato goodness. With a pad of butter even. When I do want some complex carbs, I will go for whole grains only. No "white" stuff. It's rare for me, even in maintenance, but I try my best to have more of a balanced diet. I just find when I eat something starchy or carby, the cravings after can kick my butt ;)

And butter.... Butter!!

Butter and cheese are life.