Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3wks out tacos?

I love to cook. I haven't had my surgery yet but y'all might like this recipe. Ground turkey with taco seasoning, black Beans, refried Beans, cheese, and I make a cilantro lime dressing with a little mayo and Greek yogurt. I'd eat a spoonful of each and mix it all together like a burrito bowl.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using the BariatricPal App

This is exactly what I was looking for when I searched this post!! Thank you so much for the recipe!

As a "newbie" I expected to see lots of healthy alternative recipes and encouragement in this thread. Instead I found some trolls enjoying "middle school humor" at the original poster's expense. SMH

It's so nice to see that there are some helpful people on here. Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Honestly, this is about changing your eating habits all together. It's not about eating the same thing we did before, just smaller portions, it's about changing what your eat so we don't go back to old habits. That said....stick with the diet your surgeon gave you. I was still on Soups because your stomach hasn't healed yet. Be careful....

What kind of Soups just liquid soups?

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using the BariatricPal App

Niko you were looking for a response from a presurgery person that has a lot of stuff that would not fit most plans post op (refried Beans dressing mayo)?

Odd.

Niko you were looking for a response from a presurgery person that has a lot of stuff that would not fit most plans post op (refried Beans dressing mayo)?

Odd.

My plan allows light mayo and Refried Beans

Odd.

Mine does too. Ground meat is also allowed starting the 3rd week. Add those two together with a bit of shredded cheese on top and I'd call that a taco (without the shell).

Odd.

Mine does too. Ground meat is also allowed starting the 3rd week. Add those two together with a bit of shredded cheese on top and I'd call that a taco (without the shell).

Same, I never liked a bunch of crap on a taco anyway. Tomato, ground turkey, taco seasoning, green onion, fat free refried beans and a little salsa. Yummy

Odd.

Yup. My plan wants me to starting next eating those things next week (refried beans and mayo included) My NUT did say that Olive Oil Mayo is a great choice because of the healthy fats. Check it out if you'd like.

Edited by Nikosmama06

Oh wait- I see you're a Newbie here...

Wondering? Are you actually having WLS or did you just join the forum to stir up crap?

Again. Here's my mirror.

I just had surgery 9/13/16. So I know what it's like to have silly food questions pop up in your mind. This should be a comfortable place to ask these questions. There shouldn't be chicken heads running around making sarcastic comments to people who are asking honest questions.

And if you cackling hens don't like my petty response to your pettiness, all I can say is don't dish it out. I'm done going back and forth with you mean women. I have a pretty fine life outside of this thread.

Best of luck to the original creator of this thread.

She's gonna need it......tacos and all.

If the hens bother you...........yer gonna hate on this cock.

@@Dub **If the hens bother you...........yer gonna hate on this cock.**

Haha, just spit part of my precious 64 oz of Water into my lap....LMAO

Well I never said anything about ground meat. But refried Beans can have a lot of sodium some sugar and may not be best to each their own.

mayo again I would think sparingly, and again to the earlier "recipe" I can't imagine that concoction being an ideal Protein choice at 2-3 oz.

@@Dub **If the hens bother you...........yer gonna hate on this cock.**

Haha, just spit part of my precious 64 oz of Water into my lap....LMAO

It ain't purty darlin', but it's how I roll.

Glad it was just Water you were a'spittin.

I'd hate for it to be good wine or scotch. :P

@@Dub

Every time you open your mouth, you make me want to sit on your lap. ;)

This, my dear, is a high compliment.

And a fantasy of mine for the longest.

You see.....I have a lap that longs for such.

It's a hyooge lap, too......seating capacity for at least three, lol.

I love this silly humor, really. I do remember being a Newbie, and I did not understand it like I learned to, with great people who lighten my day. Please stay, ask someone in private if you should eat a taco or pork chop, because if you have to ask you know damn well you shouldn't eat it. Maybe a better idea is call the ER and ask a nurse on call if you can eat a taco or pork chop! LAUGH like there's no tomorrow!!!

I love to cook. I haven't had my surgery yet but y'all might like this recipe. Ground turkey with taco seasoning, black Beans, refried Beans, cheese, and I make a cilantro lime dressing with a little mayo and Greek yogurt. I'd eat a spoonful of each and mix it all together like a burrito bowl.

This is exactly what I was looking for when I searched this post!! Thank you so much for the recipe!

As a "newbie" I expected to see lots of healthy alternative recipes and encouragement in this thread. Instead I found some trolls enjoying "middle school humor" at the original poster's expense. SMH

It's so nice to see that there are some helpful people on here. Thanks again!

I'm glad you like it! I love it. For the dressing you put a packet of ranch, mayo, and Greek yogurt in a food processor them add the tops of cilantro in it and blend. Add some lime juice too.

You also can use a ranch packet, avocados, and lime with mayo and Greek yogurt for a avacado/ranch dressing.