Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3wks out tacos?

Aww Hell. It was almost back on track. Someone! Quick! Pass the tequila. Straight from the bottle, please.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by LisaMergs

Just holy S**T!!! This is comical at this point!!! You want opinions from people who have been there and have experience but when they provide it you lash out at them and call them BULLIES or smug A$$holes! Seriously??? Why the hell are you asking questions if you don't want REAL responses??!!! If you want to be coddled - this is not the place for you. I don't want someone to tell me it's okay to eat a taco when it could actually kill me (and I'm not being dramatic). I want those who have been successful to tell me how they were successful and what I might be doing wrong - if I take that advice that's on me - but there's absolutely no excuse to be ignorant or rude to those offering their opinion (and yes - MOST everything on here is someone's opinion). It's often not even the OP that causes the conflicts and is accusing others of bullying - it's someone who has no involvement in the discussion at all - and often has nothing to offer other than to whine on behalf of the OP. And - I'm so sick of this bullying term being thrown around - none of this can be considered bullying.

I've never called anyone a name on here KristenLe. And the smug comment was directed at me from LSL. Now you want opinions from folks with experience? That's rich from someone with 4000 comments pre-op.

@@sc101071 I didn't refer to you in my post and you weren't the person who called anyone a smug asshole (that was someone else new). If you have read any of my posts in the past - you would know that I've provided educated guidance (much of what I've learned from successful people on this forum who unfortunately no longer post because of this kind of crap) and I don't pretend to offer any post-op experiences. And by the way - who's doing the bullying now - what does my being pre-op have anything to do with this discussion at all??

@@LipstickLady Newbies are rude, vets are rude....lather rinse repeat. I don't understand why it has to be an 'it's THEM, Mom!!!' situation at ALL times. The newbs vs vets situation was at a peak when I got here and it almost sent me immediately away.

This forum would be a nicer place for EVERYONE if people could just take a breath and re-read what they write before they hit 'post'. I know it's not likely to happen because we're all human and all have buttons that get pushed. And now this thread has degenerated into far more rudeness than this topic ever warranted.

And PS...the word 'bullying' should be struck from use here. So ridiculous. :rolleyes:

Just a response to your last post where you were so fed up w people using the term bullying. Clearly directed at me.

Sounds like a fine idea if it's on your surgeon's plan. I was still on mushies at three weeks, so it would not have worked for me. :D

Just holy S**T!!! This is comical at this point!!! You want opinions from people who have been there and have experience but when they provide it you lash out at them and call them BULLIES or smug A$$holes! Seriously??? Why the hell are you asking questions if you don't want REAL responses??!!! If you want to be coddled - this is not the place for you. I don't want someone to tell me it's okay to eat a taco when it could actually kill me (and I'm not being dramatic). I want those who have been successful to tell me how they were successful and what I might be doing wrong - if I take that advice that's on me - but there's absolutely no excuse to be ignorant or rude to those offering their opinion (and yes - MOST everything on here is someone's opinion). It's often not even the OP that causes the conflicts and is accusing others of bullying - it's someone who has no involvement in the discussion at all - and often has nothing to offer other than to whine on behalf of the OP. And - I'm so sick of this bullying term being thrown around - none of this can be considered bullying.

Again, this was my "smug" response. ;)

@@sc101071 I didn't refer to you in my post and you weren't the person who called anyone a smug a*****e (that was someone else new). If you have read any of my posts in the past - you would know that I've provided educated guidance (much of what I've learned from successful people on this forum who unfortunately no longer post because of this kind of crap) and I don't pretend to offer any post-op experiences. And by the way - who's doing the bullying now - what does my being pre-op have anything to do with this discussion at all??

He really really really likes to bring up your WLS status. Weird.

Generally speaking, and from my perspective, I almost consider the taco/bacon/popcorn/pop rock question to be a flame post.

While i like sarcasm, rudeness should be in check of course. I don't read rudeness like many I guess and I find whining from lack of coddling/enabling to be annoying. If you can't take an individual's public response then don't ask or post on a public form. I don't think anything has risen to level of violence or profanity that warrants such concern or censorship.

Basically pull up your big girl panties and ignore it if you don't like it.

@@LipstickLady Newbies are rude, vets are rude....lather rinse repeat. I don't understand why it has to be an 'it's THEM, Mom!!!' situation at ALL times. The newbs vs vets situation was at a peak when I got here and it almost sent me immediately away.

This forum would be a nicer place for EVERYONE if people could just take a breath and re-read what they write before they hit 'post'. I know it's not likely to happen because we're all human and all have buttons that get pushed. And now this thread has degenerated into far more rudeness than this topic ever warranted.

And PS...the word 'bullying' should be struck from use here. So ridiculous. :rolleyes:

I didn't call anyone rude, did I? I simply pointed out where the name calling generally starts. :D I chalk it up to being hangry and hormonal and move on. If certain peeps want to beat up on me? I can take it. I simply hit that ignore preference and move on.

I find the name calling ... OH WAIT ... adjectives amusing. :D I have no problem laughing at myself or at the misguided perceptions of my tone. Have at it. My big girl panties (thongs in the summer!) are MUCH smaller than they used to be, but they are still on firmly. :D

And yes, the word bullying here is ridiculous.

@@LipstickLady I hope you didn't read my post as chastising you in any way as I admire your big girl panty advice (and wit)!

@@LisaMergs I love that photo, I am appropriating it, appropriately.

Damn..........I now have a headache.