Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Late June Sleeve Buddies?

Just got home from a much-needed 5 days at the shore...there is something about staring at ocean that really centers me. AND, I came home to a few more pounds gone, so YAY!

My goal is to lose 50 lbs during the first 90 days post-op. I'm now 41 days and 33 lbs from my surgery date, so I'm feeling confident that I can do it. My surgeon's 'formula' for sleeve weight loss is that whatever you lose in the first 3 months (so I'm shooting for 50), you'll lose about half of that in the 2nd 3 months (so another 25) and then half of the half in the 3rd 3 months (so 12). 50+25+12 gets me to about 90 lbs lost in 9 months, which is about 20 lbs short of my goal.

This all feels very doable and in reach to me now...prior to surgery, it seemed nearly impossible.

How are all of you doing? We need a roll call/check in!!

Just got home from a much-needed 5 days at the shore...there is something about staring at ocean that really centers me. AND, I came home to a few more pounds gone, so YAY!

My goal is to lose 50 lbs during the first 90 days post-op. I'm now 41 days and 33 lbs from my surgery date, so I'm feeling confident that I can do it. My surgeon's 'formula' for sleeve weight loss is that whatever you lose in the first 3 months (so I'm shooting for 50), you'll lose about half of that in the 2nd 3 months (so another 25) and then half of the half in the 3rd 3 months (so 12). 50+25+12 gets me to about 90 lbs lost in 9 months, which is about 20 lbs short of my goal.

This all feels very doable and in reach to me now...prior to surgery, it seemed nearly impossible.

Checking in

I feel like I am living a normal life at almost 6 weeks out! Been on a couple of overnight trips, hosted company for a long weekend, lived thru a 2 week kitchen remodel, eaten out at restaurants and friends homes many times, served on jury duty, helped a friend in need, and more. I have dropped a size almost 2. Feeling good.

Have a good handle on eating routine. Have a Protein shake for Breakfast and mid afternoon . Real food for lunch and dinner. Can only eat about 1/3 cup. Drink liquids most of the day.

Haven't had any issues with my sleeve and I am super grateful for that!

Checking in! I am feeling very good, down 29-30 lbs. I was in a stall, then dropped 4, now I'm stalled again...but it honestly doesn't phase me, i know i won't be stalled forever!

I am feeling very normal as well, i have been dealing with a bit of acid reflux, but i take the pepcid and it goes away immediately.

I need to keep up on my Water, prescriptions, and Vitamins. Not doing a good job AT. ALL.

Otherwise I've been eating with my family during meals, went out to dinner etc etc. I have a few sips of wine when out at a social event, but otherwise no drinking.

Still miss overeating sometimes (especially when my kids wanted pizza night lol!) But overall i am SO GLAD i had this surgery. I love that even now I'm fitting into new clothes and people are noticing my weight loss.

NSV: Yesterday i bought a size 18 jeans in the misses dept!!!! Haven't bought from the non-plus size dept and under size 20-24 in FOREVER.

What's everybody's NSV? Share one if you have one!!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

So glad to see people checking in.. I weigh in every Tuesday. Today I'm down 38 pounds. That puts me 40 pounds away from my goal weight. Last week I ordered new uniforms for work because the ones I have are too big now. I'm happy to be downsizing.

What I'm kind of discouraged about is eating. I used to love eating! I loved cooking and was a pretty good home cook. Now I don't like eating. It's almost a chore. I guess that could be a good thing, I'm not really sure. Eating for necessity instead of fun is probably the better mind set. But I really miss eating what I want when I want. I don't know... I feel conflicted.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I am sitting here frustrated. I started at 294 and sleeved June 21 and CAN. NOT. break 260. I have been hovering around 260 for at least two long weeks and maybe three. I had that bad cough which seems to have been the blood pressure medicine. Couldn't exercise then because I would start coughing really bad. Then I stopped taking the medicine which had a Fluid pill, so that may be part of the reason. Then I got a horrible period (six days of hell and Tylenol is a wimp. I miss ibuprofen) so I figured some of it was that. But now it's been three days since that stopped and still hovering. It's enough to make me want to scream! I started back to work yesterday (teacher) and have been eating pretty good, but have had zero energy left to exercise. First days back at school leave me exhausted. I am not overeating so I don't know what is going on. Hopefully in another week I will be in here talking about how much weight suddenly dropped off lol

Hello 6 weeks here. Been feeling good and good with Water and Protein. Had an appointment and I feel like my nurse was no as please with 40lbs down (26 since surgery). She was like it is ok you should drop it much faster when you get back to exercising. I hope so but it was kind of a downer. The nut was more pleased so that helped.

Hello 6 weeks here. Been feeling good and good with Water and Protein. Had an appointment and I feel like my nurse was no as please with 40lbs down (26 since surgery). She was like it is ok you should drop it much faster when you get back to exercising. I hope so but it was kind of a downer. The nut was more pleased so that helped.

I saw my doctor on Monday and am 5 weeks post op. I have only lost 18 pounds since surgery (41 overall). He told me that some people lose very slowly, some lose quickly but at the 8 month mark, everyone is generally the same so don't stress about it.

Checking in

I feel like I am living a normal life at almost 6 weeks out! Been on a couple of overnight trips, hosted company for a long weekend, lived thru a 2 week kitchen remodel, eaten out at restaurants and friends homes many times, served on jury duty, helped a friend in need, and more. I have dropped a size almost 2. Feeling good.

Have a good handle on eating routine. Have a Protein shake for Breakfast and mid afternoon . Real food for lunch and dinner. Can only eat about 1/3 cup. Drink liquids most of the day.

Haven't had any issues with my sleeve and I am super grateful for that!

This is how I feel...my life feels normal now! Eating isn't something I have to have a laser-like focus on, I know I can find something to eat wherever I go and I'm not worried about it like I was. And I'm FINALLY remembering to take my darned Water bottle everywhere!

Glad to hear its going well, Suzzzzz!

Checking in! I am feeling very good, down 29-30 lbs. I was in a stall, then dropped 4, now I'm stalled again...but it honestly doesn't phase me, i know i won't be stalled forever!

I am feeling very normal as well, i have been dealing with a bit of acid reflux, but i take the pepcid and it goes away immediately.

I need to keep up on my Water, prescriptions, and Vitamins. Not doing a good job AT. ALL.

Otherwise I've been eating with my family during meals, went out to dinner etc etc. I have a few sips of wine when out at a social event, but otherwise no drinking.

Still miss overeating sometimes (especially when my kids wanted pizza night lol!) But overall i am SO GLAD i had this surgery. I love that even now I'm fitting into new clothes and people are noticing my weight loss.

NSV: Yesterday i bought a size 18 jeans in the misses dept!!!! Haven't bought from the non-plus size dept and under size 20-24 in FOREVER.

What's everybody's NSV? Share one if you have one!!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

Hi APanda911! I still miss taking a giant bite of something, barely chewing and swallowing it :( That sounds so gross, but there it is...

Congrats on your NSV! I think mine is probably that all of my cardigans are loose in the arms now...I used to have to stretch them out so that they were comfortable, now I just slide my arm in and they're already loose! I live in the Seattle area, so cardigans are an everyday item :)

I am sitting here frustrated. I started at 294 and sleeved June 21 and CAN. NOT. break 260. I have been hovering around 260 for at least two long weeks and maybe three. I had that bad cough which seems to have been the blood pressure medicine. Couldn't exercise then because I would start coughing really bad. Then I stopped taking the medicine which had a Fluid pill, so that may be part of the reason. Then I got a horrible period (six days of hell and Tylenol is a wimp. I miss ibuprofen) so I figured some of it was that. But now it's been three days since that stopped and still hovering. It's enough to make me want to scream! I started back to work yesterday (teacher) and have been eating pretty good, but have had zero energy left to exercise. First days back at school leave me exhausted. I am not overeating so I don't know what is going on. Hopefully in another week I will be in here talking about how much weight suddenly dropped off lol

I came off my diuretic several weeks before surgery, and I really noticed the Fluid accumulation...I think you're right on about it affecting your weight loss. Plus a bad period, plus the cough. Are you taking your Vitamins? Do you take B12? And Water? I hope you start feeling better and losing again!

I wish healthcare professionals did a better job of understanding the impact of their casually spoken words. We're SO vulnerable to them and they just SAY things. :( One of the dietitians in my clinic is just dour...she's not a happy, encouraging person, and when I go to see her, I never feel good about anything when I leave, even if I'm kicking butt! If it helps, I think a 40 lb loss is fantastic and I'd love to be saying that myself!

@@ShelterDog64 Thank you! I guess it was a bit touchy for me since she has also gone through WLS as well. I think my surgeon's office is ultra conservative/scare tactics as it relates to paving the way for success/failure prevention.

On the one hand, I get it and I don't want to be coddled. I need to be afraid of slipping into habits that led to my problems because surgery does not prevent future weight gain.

On the other hand, at early stage I kind of need a little more sunshine up my @ss so to speak.

I had exactly the same conversation at my appointment today too! If you weren't in another country I'd think we have the same nurse.

I think we should be totally proud, 40lbs down is an amazing achievement.

Jo x

I'm having some trouble with finding different foods to eat. I tend to eat the same items...grilled chicken, egg salad or scrambled eggs, cheese, yogurt, Peanut Butter...

I think it's because I'm limiting myself the the foods that I actually like from the sheet my surgeons office gave me. I'm not sure where to start expanding what I eat. What are you guys eating when you go out to eat and for dinners/lunches at home?

@@ShelterDog64 Thank you! I guess it was a bit touchy for me since she has also gone through WLS as well. I think my surgeon's office is ultra conservative/scare tactics as it relates to paving the way for success/failure prevention.

On the one hand, I get it and I don't want to be coddled. I need to be afraid of slipping into habits that led to my problems because surgery does not prevent future weight gain.

On the other hand, at early stage I kind of need a little more sunshine up my @ss so to speak.

I'll take the sunshine every stage as negativity and/or scare tactics just don't work for me. Sorry you didn't get the accolades you deserve.

My surgeon and his staff are very upbeat, helpful and hands on. The surgeon sees his patients for all appointments and will call his patients directly if they want. It is a small office and they make your experience personal. The staff has been very good at sharing their personal journeys with wls which has been helpful.

Next time let her know that you are very proud of your accomplishments!