Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Late June Sleeve Buddies?

Stall still in control. Hoping to see a chunk gone soon. I see my surgeon next week and want to be able to demonstrate a good loss! Ok, I want it for my own selfish reasons too.

Stalls suck! My scale has been my friend this past week. Broke 260 finally last weekend and then yesterday it showed 249! Again, this is in a nightgown without shoes lol. It's been crazy how fast it dropped this week. So when that stall breaks, be ready to celebrate!

I didn't get a chance to eat bfast yesterday bc I was heading out with my mom and aunt. They stopped at a Starbucks and I ordered a bacon Gouda egg sandwich. Took the bread off and ate the egg. Such a bad decision. Miserable the whole time. No eggs for me! I just don't tolerate them. Maybe later on but it isn't something I crave at all, so I am ok if I never can eat them like that.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Stall still in control. Hoping to see a chunk gone soon. I see my surgeon next week and want to be able to demonstrate a good loss! Ok, I want it for my own selfish reasons too.

Suzzzzz, I'm still in a stall-ish thing, too. The weight is coming off still, but sooooooooooo slowly, more like ounces at a time instead of pounds. I think I need to increase my exercise. I see my doc 1 Sept and I'd love to be at 45 lbs lost. My bigger goal is 50 by the end of September...most days I think I'll make it but some days the doubt creeps in.

@@magoosmom eggs are the only thing I've tried to eat that I just can't stomach (haha, punny!). They give me gas, make me feel overfull and burp eggy burps nonstop. I'll keep trying, because I can't imagine life without eggs, but so far it's been bad!

Congrats on the amazing weight loss! You're doing so great! I'm with you on the barefoot/nightgown scale thing, I weigh myself in a tank top and panties every night right before bed and every morning as soon as I get up. Who knows what the doctor's scale is going to show, but I know I've lost 38 lbs!

Hey, sleeve comrades. I've been posting in my own thread (in the stalls section) about my frustration with a two-week stall and the return of hunger pangs (yes, real hunger). I'm glad for the restriction of the pouch, but being hungry often (like we all had pre-surgery when dieting) makes sticking to plan difficult. This last week I've had a couple of big Greek salads (taking all day to eat them) and, once, a piece of pizza. But otherwise toooons of Protein including at least two shakes per day, still.

I'm not losing as fast as the rest of you (only 22 pounds in about 6 weeks), but I'm still losing. I have a reward planned when I reach normal BMI (14 pounds more to go), so I'm focusing on that instead of my farther-away goal weight.

I've started taking Optifiber (the costco version of Benefiber) to improve regularity, and I really like it. Entirely tasteless and no grit; I just throw it into a shake. It's amazing how much better regular bathroom visits make you feel!

@magoosmon that is an awesome things g you are celebrating. So happy for you. I will visualize that kind of recovery and enjoy it when it happens.

eggs are my friend. Mostly I scramble one and throw in some diced onion and some bacon bits. Last week my eyes got bigger than my stomach and I made 2 eggs. Could not eat that much, which is a good thing!

Keep up the good work.

@@ShelterDog64 sorry you are in much the same boat. I am not berating myself or getting overly frustrated, it is just not too exciting. But, soon we will be celebrating again. I also weigh like you do at night and in am. Weighing at night gives me a good idea of what the scale will say in the morning. Much more like a non scientific experiment. Lol

I too need to up the exercise. I belonged to Curves for several years and really liked it. They have closed now any where close to where I live so I am sorting thru my collection of dusty dvds. Will it be walking, yoga, qi gong, belly dancing, line dancing or 15 minute interval workout? Maybe I should just rotate daily!

@@Seastars I too still have 2 shakes a day and it helps with what I perceive to be hunger at times. I always make myself drink Water or a shake before I go get something to eat. Your reward sounds interesting. Good idea to have along the way.

I had 2 NSVs yesterday and I forgot to come and brag....bear with me :)

1: I went to a beer fest yesterday with 2 very close friends, both know I've had the surgery and are very supportive. I was the DD, so no beer but it was a fun day regardless! Before I left home to go pick them up, my eye caught on a shirt that's been hanging in my closet for over a year. Nothing fabulous, but it buttons up the front and isn't stretchy (not at all what I've been wearing for over a year); I haven't ever been able to wear it because I couldn't get my fat arms into the sleeves AT ALL. Not 'it was tight', I mean stopped at the elbow and work to get back off. Anyway, I pulled it out and decided to try it, although I was sure it still wouldn't fit. Well, guess what? It not only FIT, but my arms slid ALL the way into those sleeves, with room to spare! I can't tell you how pumped I was!

2: At the beer fest, there was a life-sized cutout of Michael Phelps and my friend had me pose next to it for a silly photo. She messaged the photo to me and for the first time in a LONG time, I didn't cringe inside when I saw a picture of myself. It felt good to not hate what I look like. That sounds so pathetic, but I've just felt so fat and unattractive for so long that it was like a rebirth to see the slightly thinner me and not be repulsed by the image.

All in all, it was a good day <3

I'm back. Sorry, but my husband is out of town and my son is with him, so you guys are the recipients of my evening rambling today.

I've seen a number of people here talk about the 'foamies', which sounded absolutely horrifying and made me swear I'd NEVER do anything that would precipitate such horror. Well, apparently you don't have to actually DO anything to get the 'foamies', you can eat the same lunch you've had 30 times since your surgery and for some reason, your stomach decides it's not ok today. Because Sunday. Or cream of mushroom Soup. Or something.

I was eating a 1/2 cup serving of the same organic cream of mushroom soup, with the same slivered sirloin, that I've been eating seems like forever. I got about 3T in and everything went very, very bad. First, I got that feeling, you know the one when your stomach says 'no more food RIGHT NOW STOP'? Yeah. Then I got the pain under my sternum. Then my mouth started to Water and then....this slimy, foamy stuff started coming up. WTH happened? Has this happened to any of you? It's 7:30pm, I haven't eaten since it happened around 12:30 and I'm afraid to eat. I think I'm going to have a Protein Shake and go to bed early, and pray the 'foamies' never visit me again. Gah.

I hope you've all had a nice weekend! I fly for the first time since surgery this coming week and I'm looking forward to snapping that seatbelt and then giving the end a good pull to get it tightened instead of sucking in my gut and compressing my aorta for the six hours it takes to get to Boston ;-)

@@ShelterDog64 UGH. No I have not had that happen. So sorry. I have read of that happening to others and I was hoping my small bites and slow eating would help me avoid it. Evidently not!

If you brave enough to try again, maybe strain the meat out and see how it does. Guess that won't really matter though since you have had it many times.

Have a great trip and flight. My worst nightmare before surgery was that I would have to ask for an extender. I never did, but I twisted myself into a pretzel a few times getting it hooked! :-)

Ugh, Shelterdog, sounds awful!

FWIW, Dr. Google says...

"Known as “frothing and foaming,” this spit-up is the white frothy liquid caused when the new pouch no longer contains stomach acids to break down your foods. This thick mucus mixes with the food to move it through your new pouch and into the rest of your digestive tract. Try drinking warm fluids first thing in the morning, throughout the day, or when you have found the spitting up is the worst. This helps to break this mucus down."

I had it happen once, when i took a bite of my son's chicken tender that was DRY and stringy. I think maybe it has something to do with the dryness/toughness of the meat? I agree, it was awful!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

@@Seastars Thanks for that info! I have a cup of coffee every morning, but didn't yesterday. Hmmm....

How's everyone doing?

How's everyone doing?

Still in stall. Upped Protein, liquids, and calories but no change yet. Will increase exercise soon. Didn't want to make all changes at once. This too shall pass and I will celebrate!