Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Late June Sleeve Buddies?

I'm having some trouble with finding different foods to eat. I tend to eat the same items...grilled chicken, egg salad or scrambled eggs, cheese, yogurt, peanut butter...

I think it's because I'm limiting myself the the foods that I actually like from the sheet my surgeons office gave me. I'm not sure where to start expanding what I eat. What are you guys eating when you go out to eat and for dinners/lunches at home?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Anything with ground beef, meatloaf, meatballs, insides of enchiladas and tacos, chicken and tuna salad, taco salad, eggs with different extra ingredients, turkey and cheese rollups, chili, guacomole, Beans, and more. I am adapting well to eating out by ordering an appetizer or modifying an entree and having leftovers. I can only eat about 1/3 c at a time so I usually have a lot to choose from in the fridge to warm up. I am basically eating what I like.

I am sitting here frustrated. I started at 294 and sleeved June 21 and CAN. NOT. break 260. I have been hovering around 260 for at least two long weeks and maybe three. I had that bad cough which seems to have been the blood pressure medicine. Couldn't exercise then because I would start coughing really bad. Then I stopped taking the medicine which had a Fluid pill, so that may be part of the reason. Then I got a horrible period (six days of hell and Tylenol is a wimp. I miss ibuprofen) so I figured some of it was that. But now it's been three days since that stopped and still hovering. It's enough to make me want to scream! I started back to work yesterday (teacher) and have been eating pretty good, but have had zero energy left to exercise. First days back at school leave me exhausted. I am not overeating so I don't know what is going on. Hopefully in another week I will be in here talking about how much weight suddenly dropped off lol

I came off my diuretic several weeks before surgery, and I really noticed the fluid accumulation...I think you're right on about it affecting your weight loss. Plus a bad period, plus the cough. Are you taking your Vitamins? Do you take B12? And Water? I hope you start feeling better and losing again!

Thank you! I am taking my vitamins but I think I wasn't getting enough water in. I have also been struggling to get Protein in ever since I started having issues with the Protein Powder I was using. I ordered some Chike protein coffee and had one this morning. So much more energy! It was awesome lol. I really focused on water today but still have only made it to about 30 ounces today. Going to try to get more in before bed. And will keep trying tomorrow. I haven't been tracking everything either so I am getting back on that. Fingers crossed it jump starts everything!

Well the last 2-3 weeks I think I only lost 5-6 lbs. still trying to break the 260s. I feel like I been at a stall for 3 weeks. Haven't been cleared for the gym yet.

I feel your pain! I am going for my next appt Monday and should be cleared for workouts then. So ready! Trying to up my Water intake as I think it's been too low.

I have been looking at theworldaccordingtoeggface blog and finding some good recipes there. I am going to try the ricotta pancakes as soon as I find some multigrain pancake mix. Love the creative stuff she comes up with

@@ShelterDog64 Thank you! I guess it was a bit touchy for me since she has also gone through WLS as well. I think my surgeon's office is ultra conservative/scare tactics as it relates to paving the way for success/failure prevention.

On the one hand, I get it and I don't want to be coddled. I need to be afraid of slipping into habits that led to my problems because surgery does not prevent future weight gain.

On the other hand, at early stage I kind of need a little more sunshine up my @ss so to speak.

I'll take the sunshine every stage as negativity and/or scare tactics just don't work for me. Sorry you didn't get the accolades you deserve.

My surgeon and his staff are very upbeat, helpful and hands on. The surgeon sees his patients for all appointments and will call his patients directly if they want. It is a small office and they make your experience personal. The staff has been very good at sharing their personal journeys with wls which has been helpful.

Next time let her know that you are very proud of your accomplishments!

Thank you! I am cleared for gym and on day 2 of that. So far so good!

I'm having some trouble with finding different foods to eat. I tend to eat the same items...grilled chicken, egg salad or scrambled eggs, cheese, yogurt, peanut butter...

I think it's because I'm limiting myself the the foods that I actually like from the sheet my surgeons office gave me. I'm not sure where to start expanding what I eat. What are you guys eating when you go out to eat and for dinners/lunches at home?

I have hummus sometimes with parmasean crisp. Sashimi tuna and salmon. Ground turkey, chicken or low fat beef. Chicken salad is another one. Edamame, cherries.

Well the last 2-3 weeks I think I only lost 5-6 lbs. still trying to break the 260s. I feel like I been at a stall for 3 weeks. Haven't been cleared for the gym yet.

Are you losing inches? I am losing at about the same rate as you, but I have lost inches. My clothes are looser and I have three outfits I wasn't able to fit I to before that I can wear. I dont consider it a stall if the scale is moving, even very slowly.

I have been looking at theworldaccordingtoeggface blog and finding some good recipes there. I am going to try the ricotta pancakes as soon as I find some multigrain pancake mix. Love the creative stuff she comes up with

Those pancakes are on my list, too! I love her blog :)

Have any of you started drinking caffeinated coffee yet? I don't want to call my dietitian to ask, but nowhere in my literature does it talk about when it's ok to start some caffeine. I make a Decaf latte every morning with my little Bialeti Moka pot, adding a cup of steamed Fairlife milk and a 30g scoop of Protein and it's good, but I want that caffeine kick again.

Also, what are you eating that's interesting? I'm bored...protein, protein, protein. I had kale tonight for the first time and it's sitting well (yay!), plus some quinoa and chicken. dinner isn't all that dull, but lunch is killing me. I had a Protein Bar today instead of any 'real' food because I just didn't feel like being bothered. Yesterday I drank a Protein Shake for the same reason. As I'm logging my food each day, I'm not getting in much variety until dinner. I'm fine with my boring Breakfast coffee, but lunch should be more fun!

I've been drinking coffee and iced coffee (caffeinated) without problems. My nurse told me before surgery that the reason they tell you no caffeine is because it surpresses appetite and also because coffee doesn't replace the need to get your full amt of Water in. She simply advised me not to forget to eat and drink ALL of my Water and I'll be fine. (My surgeon's nurse is awesome and tells me "real world" reasons for things instead of just towing the line and reading out of the guidelines book like my nutritionist does, which i appreciate.)

Also re interesting foods, I've definitely found new appreciation for Soups of all kinds! Lol. There is a "zoup" store near my house and it is a perfect way to get variety into my diet when I'm bored. My current favorite is their chilled gazpacho. I also eat cucumbers and pretzels with guacamole (which is my 5 y/o's favorite food in the world so i make it almost daily) - it fills me up quickly and is a perfect fix when I'm craving salty/snacky foods.

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

Edited by APanda911

@@ShelterDog64 If I have Soup i only get 4 oz, I would rather the 2 oz of chewable food, so expanding my Soup options was not exciting to me.

I was told no caffeine for healing and because it can make you dehydrated when it is already hard to get liquids in. So, I get caffeine and real food back at 8 week post op

I am trying to have a different Protein every day for dinner and usually use leftover for lunch. One item I have loved was from Whole Foods, it is Koch brand turkey breast, thin sliced and marinated in barbeque sauce (which mostly gets cooked away or discarded). The thin slices of breast cook in skillet, 6 min each side. Very tender and a nice change.

chicken kabob with tumeric was nice. Spices can change things a lot. I love tumeric in eggs. Cherries have been a nice addition to meal as I try to have a least one meal include a veg or fruit.

Edited by chycky

Had mine June 17. How w much weight has everyone lost? Feel so slow...

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I had mine the 17 also

I've gone from 286/88 to 259, had mine on the 22nd

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App