Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone gained before there surgery? I haven't been scheduled yet but since I decided to get the vsg I've managed to put on a few pounds. I think the knowledge that I am getting the operation has intensified my desire to inhale as much food as possible. I'm self pay so I don't have all the hoops to go through before I get the procedure (I.e., psych eval.) I'm beginning to think I need to see a psychologist anyway to address my eating behaviors which are not very healthy in many ways. Has anyone else experienced the gaining before surgery?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using the BariatricPal App

Yeah...I gained since I decided to have surgery. At least 10 lbs. I'm less than a month away from surgery and pretty disappointed in myself for not losing. I've read that those who lose beforehand are more likely to succeed afterwards. So I keep telling myself I'll make the best of the 3 or so weeks left and try to make some progress !

Has anyone gained before there surgery

@@HeavenlyGirl101

i gained 12 lbs pre-op :angry:

i had whats commonly called a "food funeral"!!

also "inhaled" a bunch of yummies, sweets, etc

i knew i would be eating these sweets lllllater down the road

ttttteny little amounts

if doc didn't say "you better not gain"

you should be ok

buttttt- i would work hard to take those extra lbs off ASAP

whatever you have gained now, is all the more you have to take off!!

you will need to follow many rules PO (on fear of death!!) LOL

i'm sure you will be able to succeed

try hard in preparing for surgery

"do or do not, there is no try!!" Yoda

prepare yourself for a wonderful new life with WLS

you will be on a roller coaster, but you'll stay on top!

hope you get a date sooner than later

good luck

speedy recovery

kathy

I'm in the same boat I don't have a surgery date as of yet, shooting for end of July if not sooner. But I've gained 10lbs. I was giving in to all of my cravings. But I've pit my self on a liquid diet until my next app on the 30th to maybe kick my self in the right direction and get rid of the cravings.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using the BariatricPal App

I'm also self pay (Mexico) and my main focus and motivation to NOT gain weight or even stay the same was the fact that I will have to pay $350 more if I'm over 50 BMI.

I am 2 lbs away from hitting the # I need to be to avoid the charge at but am hoping it will go lower as I'm on a liquid diet until next Wednesday.

I gained some weight because I didn't want to be too low on weight being that my bmi is just 35 and I had lost at first because I didn't know if I'll be approved so I did and now I'm eating to gain a few. If any of that makes sense I don't want to be too low in weight.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I gained some weight because I didn't want to be too low on weight being that my bmi is just 35 and I had lost at first because I didn't know if I'll be approved so I did and now I'm eating to gain a few. If any of that makes sense I don't want to be too low in weight.

I'm in a similar boat as you. At my initial consultation my BMI was 39.2. But it wasn't a problem since I've had sleep apnea for the last 2-3 years. So I was losing at first, but last month I received the results of my new sleep study and found out that I no longer have sleep apnea. So I've gained about 4 pounds because my insurance requires me to have a BMI over 40 if I don't have any co-morbidities. My insurance doesn't require me to lose weight, but the program for the doctors office wants me to try to lose weight, and at minimum not gain more than 1-2 pounds. I have an appointment with the surgeon in a couple of weeks to discuss it.

oh wow how do you no longer have sleep apnea I never heard that one before that's a good thing but at the wrong timing, I have sleep apnea and high blood pressure plus severe depression. I got approved but I don't know if I should keep eating or just start the liquid diet on the 7/21. I wish you the best!

It's very normal. I'm self pay also. The combination of nerves and quitting smoking cold turkey has made me gain a few lbs. Surgery date 6/28.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I did! I lost about 11 pounds during the 6 month diet but most of it creeped its way back on.. I don't think it was anything specific I did just.. the nature of wanting to eat until I felt full and not needing that many calories. Luckily I'm now down 20 pounds at 3 weeks out and couldn't be happier :D You're not a statistic and you can beat this thing.

I did! I lost about 11 pounds during the 6 month diet but most of it creeped its way back on.. I don't think it was anything specific I did just.. the nature of wanting to eat until I felt full and not needing that many calories. Luckily I'm now down 20 pounds at 3 weeks out and couldn't be happier :D You're not a statistic and you can beat this thing.

So they went ahead with surgery even tho you had put it back on? I'm currently in the same boat I had lost 20 lbs at 4 months and not at my 6 months I've put back on 9 of them, I would be lying if I said I wasn't worried while waiting on the approval from insurance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using the BariatricPal App