Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery is July 28 2016

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm so excited for you sandy! :) And to those that have had the surgery done or have yet to have it done. I am in the Newport News Virginia area and have just had my gallbladder removed. My surgery is going to be sometime in late August or early September. I just swapped the gastric sleeve date of the 25th of this month for the gallbladder surgery, one less thing to worry about.

Thank you! I am day 4 post op and the pain is somewhat better. I definitely have not made Water or Protein goals but I'm trying. Got to 40 something protein yesterday and about 20 or so ounces of water type fluids. I noticed when I get up in the mornings my pain is worse and I noticed at night I get pretty bad pains. It feels like I stuffed myself and drank too much but I only get it at night and I know I can't stretch my sleeve because I don't exceed 3 or four ounces every hour. I definitely can't wait to feel human again. I feel so restricted! Yesterday was my daughters birthday and they had cupcakes and ice cream and I was fine but then my mom brought in my favorite food of all time :pizza. She served them huge slices then sat right beside me smacking on the pizza. I was like really? And I went back to my room. I wasn't hungry but I love pizza y'all. Once I went back to my room, I was ok but people really don't think before they do things sometimes. I told her pizza was my weakness many times so she did know! Other than that I'm good. I start back to school in a few weeks so I gotta get back to normal soon.

I had mine July 26th... I am 5 days post op. No one told me to expect weight gain after iv fluids.i appeared to have gained 5 lbs. Apparently this is common. I am hypthyroid though. I didnt need to be discouraged. I am 5 days out now and scared to weigh in. I will wait another week. Any hypothyroid patients out there having success?

I had mine July 26th... I am 5 days post op. No one told me to expect weight gain after iv fluids.i appeared to have gained 5 lbs. Apparently this is common. I am hypthyroid though. I didnt need to be discouraged. I am 5 days out now and scared to weigh in. I will wait another week. Any hypothyroid patients out there having success?

I am hypothyroid also and had surgery the same date as you. Yes, weight gain/stall is normal from what I've heard. I also got the added pleasure of having Aunt Flo visit on Friday. Plus feeling very bloated and constipated. Needless to say I've not wanted to feel dissapointed so havent weighed yet. My surgeon visit is Tuesday so will weigh in for my one week surgiversary. Keep us posted...we are all here to support each other

Sent from my VS990 using the BariatricPal App

I am hypothyroid also and had surgery the same date as you. Yes, weight gain/stall is normal from what I've heard. I also got the added pleasure of having Aunt Flo visit on Friday. Plus feeling very bloated and constipated. Needless to say I've not wanted to feel dissapointed so havent weighed yet. My surgeon visit is Tuesday so will weigh in for my one week surgiversary. Keep us posted...we are all here to support each other

Sent from my VS990 using the BariatricPal App

I'm on Day 4 of recovery and I too, have hypothyroidism and have Aunt Flo visiting me today. I haven't been making 4oz of Fluid in the hour, but getting there. My pain factor is around a 3 or 4, mostly just tender.

I am anxious for results

Hello All. Do you recognize me? I was sleeved on Wednesday (27th). I'm a different person now. :-)

I have to say that things didn't go exactly as I had anticipated, but I'm doing well. My surgery got moved later in the day. We arrived at 10:30. They weighed me, took my urine to make sure I wasn't pregnant, hooked me up to an IV, started the leg compression stockings, I talked to the anesthesiologist, the nurse anesthetist, the surgeon, and then we waited. I think surgery began around 1:00pm. My husband did not see me again until 6:00pm that night.

I remember getting into the operating room and I really don't remember anything else until waking up in recovery. I've had numerous surgeries and I always wake up fast, have very little pain and bounce right back. I was assuming it would be that way this time too. However, I woke up in recovery in a ton of pain and feeling like I was going to vomit uncontrollably. I remember being a bit frantic about it and telling them how bad it felt. They gave me some anti nausea meds and probably pain killers and I was right back to sleep. I only remember about 2 minutes of the recovery room and I was there for awhile apparently. My husband said surgery took about 2.5 hours according to the status board. I remember waking up as they rolled me into my hospital room. My husband was there waiting for me. He said that was about 6pm.

I was really sleepy, but they still began telling me about sipping Water and how they'd want me to get up and walk soon. Apparently, I had what they were calling "Fast track", where they did my swallow study while I was still in the operating room. This meant I could begin liquids immediately. I started sipping my water and marking my ounces down. It wasn't too hard that first night. The next morning was when I felt much more nauseous, more pain, and like I couldn't keep things down. Despite my best efforts after taking a crushed pill in some pudding, I couldn't help but throwing it back up. That hurt!

I felt like I was going backwards with the swallowing. The doctors and nurses didn't seem too concerned though. They saw I'd been drinking and that I had done my laps around the floor, so the doctor said I could go home.

I was so nauseous at home that I could barely keep anything down. I did not meet my liquid or Protein goals for Thursday, Friday, or Saturday. Today seems to be a better day. Things are slow to go down, but I feel like I can keep them down. My pain is easing up too. I think it will get better every day from here on out.

OH, I was very pleased that I had lost 12 pounds on the preop diet. However, I was quite disappointed to see that I'd gained 11 pound from my overnight in the hospital. Yes, 11! It did go away over the next two days though.

I wasn't hungry at all those first couple of post op days. Now food sounds good. I fell asleep and dreamed I was eating popcorn. Then I got all nervous because I realized I'd just been sleeved and I couldn't have that! I started to wake up and realized it was just a dream, so I told myself to go back to sleep and enjoy it there. LOL.

I hope everyone else is doing well. Since this is the July board and it's the last day of July, I assume most of us are officially sleeved now.

I am anxious to hear good results for hypothyroid sleevers

Hi future svelete people! I had my surgery on 7/25 and what I thought was post op gas pain in the shoulders, was actually as a result of a hiatal hernia that I had no knowledge of! Hadn't a clue...So recovery for me was a bit, but only a bit, longer because of the well you guys know why....I just want you really cool folks to know I'm doing well! I know hearing from me is the high point of our day so,,,,,Pain is and has been totally manageable from the marvelous dilauded pain pump to the codeine elixir I went home with. One day in the hospital two days of needed pain meds. I'm sore, but it ain't no thing. I feel well, but I'm also damn well weak. I also noticed that because hunger pangs are minor and rare, I don't have any kind of earth shattering cravings to eat what I shouldn't In fact, my son and brother and their entourage were here for dinner last night, and I made the casserole. They ate while I spooned up Protein mix drink, and honestly, I hardly thought about it. I've also been off of sugar for a week, another feat I never believed I would conquer So here are the goodies! Today is 1 week post op and I've lost 8lbs for a grand total of 32 lbs when i include what i had to lose before surgery. I also noticed that the Protein Shakes aren't half bad. Anyway, I've rambled long enough. I hope all is well with all!

Heavenly Father, please give your LadyPoet peace and calm as she goes to the hospital tomorrow. Let all who see her prepare for this new chapter know that You are in control. I pray for discernment and wisdom for her doctors. I pray for a swift and uncomplicated recovery. Let her be a beautiful example for all she will accomplish.

Asked in your son's name.

My surgery caused my heart to go into Afib they did a cardo conversion but only stayed three days. They have been trying to change with Meds but didn't work so now l'm waiting to see another August 2nd for another Afib procedure. I am very light headed and dizzy and my bp keeps drop into the 70/56 p111. I'm trying to push myself to eat and drink everything taste bad the Vitamins just coodeinme pack up. I'm trying to hang till next dr apt but feel like ......... Thanks for listening

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

the not being hungry thing is a trip! I'm weak, but not really hungry, and I think this is a real blessing. today I'm a week out and am looking forward to pureed food as well. My body is saying things like hmmm that Mexican chicken Soup from the slender kitchen sounds good. I'm not even craving sugar which totally floors me because I'm the original sugar fiend. The Luigi's sounds good. gotta get me some. hope all are well!

Can it really be 5 days since I got sleeved? Well, I'm counting the days until I meet with the doctor and get cleared to eat pureed food. I must say that considering I am on liquids, I really am not hungry. I just want something to chew! Soreness is going away. No real pain. I never got my Rx filled as I decided to tough it out. Swallowing is still a chore. I certainly know when my sip is too big because my stomach retaliates. The easiest thing to go down are the sugar-free Luigi's ices since they just melt and slide down on their own. Hope everyone else is getting along well.

Can it really be 5 days since I got sleeved? Well, I'm counting the days until I meet with the doctor and get cleared to eat pureed food. I must say that considering I am on liquids, I really am not hungry. I just want something to chew! Soreness is going away. No real pain. I never got my Rx filled as I decided to tough it out. Swallowing is still a chore. I certainly know when my sip is too big because my stomach retaliates. The easiest thing to go down are the sugar-free Luigi's ices since they just melt and slide down on their own. Hope everyone else is getting along well.

I am a week out tomorrow. Right, not hungry. I can see how easy it would be to get dehydrated. Sipping is a chore when you are use to guzzling. sugar free popsicles are my favorite. I use the SF Jello in plain Greek yogurt which has 25 g Protein in 120 calories.

Hi guys! I'm just checking in. I had surgery on 7/7 and am feeling the best I have felt in the last couple of years. The weight is coming off, I'm getting nice bursts of energy and my skin is glowing.

I'm on soft foods and am supposed to try "regular" foods this week. Not sure what I'll end up trying for regular first. I've been eating mostly dairy, cheese, yogurt, cottage cheese, but have tried all kinds of fish, chicken breast, veal, cheeseburger and no problems so far. I just feel full right around the 2 oz in supposed to eat on my plan. I was off shakes for a few days while traveling but am now going back on as its really hard to get enough Protein from food alone in such small amounts.

Best wishes to all the other July sleevers!

Hello all, I was sleeved on 7-11-16. I'm 3 weeks, 3 days out. Everything is a challenge for me. I struggle to get in 20 grams of Protein a day and about 8 ounces of Water. SF Popsicles are the only thing that feels good to eat. I feel ok the pain is gone! Still have occasional gas pain but its not do bad. I just wish I can get my protien and liquids down. Anyone have any suggestions??

Hello all, I was sleeved on 7-11-16. I'm 3 weeks, 3 days out. Everything is a challenge for me. I struggle to get in 20 grams of Protein a day and about 8 ounces of Water. SF Popsicles are the only thing that feels good to eat. I feel ok the pain is gone! Still have occasional gas pain but its not do bad. I just wish I can get my protien and liquids down. Anyone have any suggestions??

I am sorry you are having problems and I hope it gets better soon. Are you still drinking Protein Shakes? I have one every morning but add 1/2 cup coffee and some Torani Syrup. It's great and Premier Protein has 30 grams of protein. The new Atkins protein water is similar in taste to a Popsicle, maybe that would go down easy. Another thing I do is add unflavored protein to drinks like crystal lite lemonade or SF orange crush drink mix. I hope you feel better soon!