Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All sept banders are you up for a challenge?

hi all, i was banded on the 25th and am doing pretty well. i have been walking every day but mostly just around the neighborhood. i am having no problem with taking my pills but they just take forever to go down.

i got an infection in my arm from the iv so i am on antibiotics which is making me have a bit o diarrea so i need to drink more.

i have times when i am really hungry. went out to Vitamin cottage today and got higher Protein Powder so that maybe some of these liquids will stay. i have been ok with yogurt but it seems to take me a long time to eat it. i bought a bunch of different cream Soups so i hope that by adding Protein powder they will stay.

i go back to work on thursday. glad to hear how you are all doing. anyone else besides me not weighing themselves. i threw out my scale a few years ago because i became so obsessive with it? i don't know if it is good or bad.

i do know i am losing weight so that what counts!

hang in there fellow september banders!:whoo:

I have this home scale, you see, and it doesn't talk to me when I get fat. I mean REALLY fat. It stops talking to me once I hit a certain weight. It only says "E" - Which must be some foreign language for "Too Fat."

So, I haven't been talking to it, you see. I figure that I didn't start the quarrel, but I certainly shouldn't be participating in it. So I stopped talking to the scale. I got weighed about a month before my surgery and then the day of my surgery - both numbers were too high for my scale at home.

But this afternoon, after 5 days of eating only Water and broth, I thought I'd look up my old friend, the scale and see if it's ready for forgive me yet.

It did. It started talking to me and told me that I've lost 21 pounds so far!! (Since I started this whole process - about 8 pounds since my surgery 5 days ago).

So, I have someone else to talk to in the house now. Yippee!!

(Yes, eating only water and broth sometimes makes me sound like a moron. The aforementioned is probably just that... thanks for putting up with me...)

:whoo: :whoo: :whoo: :whoo: :whoo: :whoo: :whoo:

I have this home scale, you see, and it doesn't talk to me when I get fat. I mean REALLY fat. It stops talking to me once I hit a certain weight. It only says "E" - Which must be some foreign language for "Too Fat."

... It started talking to me and told me that I've lost 21 pounds so far!! (Since I started this whole process - about 8 pounds since my surgery 5 days ago).

So, I have someone else to talk to in the house now. Yippee!!

Chris

ROFL --- BWAHAHAHAHAHAH

Chris you are too funny - I too had that damn "E"... I just thought the scale was Broken!!!!! I went out and bought a new scale!!! I still have it though - I think I'll go try it again... I even tried changing the batteries... LOL

Also - 'bout your previous post about pb'ing? Isn't it too soon to be doing that? If you are doing it on Clear Liquids, I would tell you doc about it. I did read if you do PB to do liquid for 24 hours again to allow your pouch to calm down a bit. I haven't had an episode yet, but I'm still filled with gas... Burping a lot but it doesn't hurt - just annoying.

My doc told me the reason to have liquids you can read a newspaper through is because it passes right through the band and allows it to heal. If you eat Soups that you blenderize, the bigger part of your stomach contracts and moves a bit to digest it and it could cause slippage of the band. This is what is keeping me on the straight and narrow - otherwise, I would love to have a nice juicey steak on the grill...

Got out today - did a little walking around a bookstore - gotta do more outside. Just alittle afraid of being too far from a bathroom - if ya KWIM???

Brenda

Yep - turns out there WAS something wrong.

This afternoon, after my scale said I dropped 13 pounds in 3 days, I called and they saw me.

Did a barium swallow and it turns out they did a fill during my surgery. That's why I haven't been able to swallow anything. They took all 1.5 cc's out and that barium immediately swirled down into my real stomach like someone pulled the plunger. Amazing. My entire body reduced to the first two pages of a plumbing textbook.

Immediately following, I feel AMAZING. I can finally take a REAL deep breath and a real drink of Water.< /p>

So... next couple of days, I need to rehydrate myself, but it's going to be a piece of cake!!!

Hi, Went to MD today, was banded on 09/18/07, I have lost a wonderful 10 pounds....wasn;t easy but sure was alot easier than not losing 10 pounds. Thanks for all of the support!

Hey Cool RN! I'm in Texas...was banded on 9/28....Did 3 days of liquids..was pretty easy. Started the soft mushies today....but I keep feeling soooooooooooo full...I'm going to wait another hour or two before I try the fish!!! I'm excited so far about the results and trying to avoid the scale!!!

good for the 10 lost. i wish i could start the mushies but my doc is admant that i am to stay on liquids. at least he has upped me to cream Soups. i have to remain on the full liquids untill i see him on the 10th. i do know i am losing weight. i can already tell in my clothes.

WE ARE SUCCESSES ALREADY WITH LOTS MORE TO COME.

HOORAY FOR US!!!!

Hey Cool RN! I'm in Texas...was banded on 9/28....Did 3 days of liquids..was pretty easy. Started the soft mushies today....but I keep feeling soooooooooooo full...I'm going to wait another hour or two before I try the fish!!! I'm excited so far about the results and trying to avoid the scale!!!

Wow only 3 days of liquid I have to do 2 weeks ( another 5 days to go):eek:. Lucky you

Hi! I started on mushies last night, 2 weeks post-op......wow, that must have been the best soupy mashed potatoes in the world! It was delicious! Had thinnned grits for Breakfast, southerner here, and they were awesome. Ate about 3/4s cup, and felt a little full so stopped. Best of luck to you!

I'm a sept bander, too. I was banded on 9/28, and I'm having a really hard time sticking to the liquids. I'm starving! It probably didn't help that I had been on a medifast diet prior to the surgery to drop some weight for the surgery so I feel like I've been drinking fluids forever! I've lost about 5 pounds in the past 4 days.

How bad is it to start the mushies early? I feel like I just need something with some substance!

i was banded on the 28th... I feel pretty good today just still pretty sore at the port site. I am not really having any issues with hunger but i need to get more Protein. I bought Isopure and some whey protein from gnc... but i cant hardly stand the taste.. i am gonna go out today and try to find the plain protein powder.. This will be my first day out of this house since i came home from the hosp... i am excited...

i bought about 4-5 flavors.. the grape frost and alpine taste probably the best.. apple melon and in think it was mango peach were horrible... I went out and bought the eas advant edge drinks today, not too bad..

my dr was adamant...no mushies till 2 weeks out. however today i went to jamba juice and had their small Protein Drink with extra boost of Protein so it was around 26 grams for the whole thing. i drank half and am very full. i feel great. the other half i will drink later but i see the truth in filling in with protein.

i have been eating sugar free popsicles and fudgesicles. i hated the sugar free Jello but my dr says you can certainly eat it.