Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All sept banders are you up for a challenge?

Hi Angel,

I was just banded 5 days ago and I understand what you are saying. I was able to hold an entire cup of Soup today and could have kept eating. I was wondering if perhaps your surgeon, like mine, does not fill your band until the 6th post-op week. Also, if you are still only consuming liquids, you can hold more than actual food. Your weight loss sounds very good, as mine in that I have already lost 11 pounds counting the one week preop diet. I think your husband is probably correct. As long as you are mindful of the amount of food you are taking in, you will lose the weight. When do you go for your first fill?

My surgeon also waits until the sixth week to put in a fill which would put me at four weeks from this Tuesday coming up. I'm hoping that will make all the difference in the world. Congratulations on your weight loss! Eleven pounds is incredible! It feels good doesn't it! It sounds like you're feeling well in general. I'm so happy for you! Best wishes for your continued success and a speedy healing! Here's looking forward to that first fill!:biggrin1:

My doctor said to not even worry about losing weight during the first 4-6 weeks, until after your first fill. This time is meant for healing. Just consentrate on getting down anything you can and not focus on your weight. Some people even gain weight during this time. That is very normal. Don't worry, after your first fill you will begin to see the weight come off! :car:

Missy, thank you!!!! If my doctor had told me that, I wouldn't have felt anywhere near as frustrated as I did. And it makes sense that that time would be for healing. I think I got so caught up in my goal that I dismissed that possibility entirely. I appreciate your encouragment and for the reminder! (sigh) I feel so much better!:biggrin1:

I am being banded on Sept 28th and although I am nervous I am looking forward to a new beginning!!!!! I am scared but I feel that I have to do this for my health and my future!!!!:whoo:

Hi Im Lucky Girl (Linda E) I was banded Sept.11th 2007.Im ready for a new start and a new life. Im grateful for this web site. :whoo:

Hi Angeleyes!

I also live in Mass! I'm having mine done wednesday @ Winchester Hospital. My girlfriend that had it done in August kept telling me she couldn't feel the "full feeling" for a while either. She didn't actually feel any difference until she had her 1st fill which was a month later. So hang in there - everything I read about the weightloss is much slower than the gastric bypass. They say to expect 1-2 lbs a week which is a nice healthy way to loose. I'm hoping if I can keep walking and be a gym rat I'll stay ahead of all the loose skin.

Are you on a liquid diet now? or mush food?

Brenda

I was just thinking about you today and was hoping that everything went well!!! :biggrin1:

Good Morning! Today is day 9 banded for me. It has been very tough on soem days and easier on others. This 2 weeks of nothing but liquids is just about to drive me crazy. I am not hungry at all because I eat/drink 4 ounces every hour, but, gee I miss chewing real food. The end results is worth it all, I have lost 6 pounds since day of surgery, yay!! Good luck to all!

This 2 weeks of nothing but liquids is just about to drive me crazy. I am not hungry at all because I eat/drink 4 ounces every hour, but, gee I miss chewing real food. ll!

I totally know where you are coming from . Only on week 1 of liquids and miss the texture of food too.

Take care

jane

You guys are doing great!!!!! I always like to go into the new bandster threads and read them because your enthusiasm is always insirational. I am almost at a year now and just got my third fill of 4.5cc. It has made a huge difference in my eating habits. Right after you heal from the surgery you start feeling like your eating normal size again and it can get discouraging. You don't truely feel the restriction the band can give you until you get your fill. Boy does it make a difference. I had hit a platua and was stuck at the same weight for about 5 weeks so now that I have gotten my fill I have lost 3 pounds in 5 days. I think now I am down calories it jump started my metabalism and it is finally working again. Don't get discouraged if your not loosing as quick as expected. I myself have to remember that I got the band for life and getting to the goal is what I am working for but staying at my goal weight is what I want for the long haul. Patients is one thing I always have to work on. Even being patient to eat slow I am still working on. I can't believe how fast I used to eat. Now I watch my husband and think ....did I eat that fast? If any of you are from Orange County CA I have a support group that I started with locals. If you would like to join just send me an email and I can add you to my distribution list. We just get together and share stories and tips. Vikki4mymail@yahoo.com

Good luck everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone. I had my band done on the 24th. For the first couple of days I felt pretty nauseous, even a bit this morning. However, this evening I'm starting to feel like my old self again. I'm excited for the journey ahead! Good Luck to you all! :)

docsdeb!

That looks like my bike!!!! I have a heritage softtail 100th anniv!! Do you drive? Are you ready for the oct challenge?

How are you doing!!!

Itstime!!

:whoo::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Hi All You Awesome Sept Banders To Date!!!

'

We have so many sept banders I think we will call ourselves the class of Sept 2007!!ha

Once we get all our sept classmates on board I want to put a challenge out there that we will all work out either walk, bike, swim ect for 30 minutes a day and track our weight loss for the month of oct and see if we are the biggest losers!! Lets everyone send me there weight on Oct 1 and than again Oct 31 and lets see how much we lose!!!!!???? Are you up for the challenge??? Keep up the awesome work and for those of you still waiting to be banded this month good luck it is a piece of cake!!!!