Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Those who drink diet pop post-op {Only nice comments PLEASE}

I've never heard anyone say that their doctor is okay with it.

my doctor is ok with it. I was only told not to have any for the first month.

I drink diet soda and carbonated beverages whenever I want. Not a lot but it doesn't bother me at all

Your surgeon doesn't count any more than mine. :D

Your surgeon actually told you that he or she was fine with you drinking diet coke?

Yup. Said that earlier. :)

My surgeon specifically addressed diet soda and alcohol. He said I could have both in moderation once I hit 6 months after surgery.

I will have a glass of wine or a shot of Fireball now and then.

I tried a sip of DH's diet Dr. Pepper because I had a really nasty taste in my mouth. I swished it around in my mouth before I swallowed. It was enough to let me know that I would not want to drink any more than that one sip. I would have been very uncomfortable if I had more than that. I was probably 15 months post-op. Post-op my sleeve has not had a problem with anything I have ever consumed. My sleeve is not exactly picky so it did surprise me that soda might be a problem.

I find I don't miss my diet Dr. Pepper and don't feel the need to start drinking it again.

I drink 95% of my liquid each day with a straw.

Edited by NikkiDoc

My surgeon specifically addressed diet soda and alcohol. He said I could have both in moderation once I hit 6 months after surgery.

I tried a sip of DH's diet Dr. Pepper because I had a really nasty taste in my mouth. I swished it around in my mouth before I swallowed. It was enough to let me know that I would not want to drink any more than that one sip. I would have been very uncomfortable if I had more than that. I was probably 15 months post-op. Post-op my sleeve has not had a problem with anything I have ever consumed. My sleeve is not exactly picky so it did surprise me that soda might be a problem.

I find I don't miss my diet Dr. Pepper and don't feel the need to start drinking it again.

Your surgeon doesn't count either. :D

Well, now that we've all cleared that up and nobody has changed their minds, what are we going to argue about next?

;)

Well, now that we've all cleared that up and nobody has changed their minds, what are we going to argue about next?

;)

We could always go back to hashing out whether or not it is our civic duty to educate people on WLS. :D

Heeeeehehe!!!!!!!!! Ooooo I haven't seen that yet! Get it going, my plants have been watered and it's too hot to play outside. :)

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Here are some other topics that always inspire forum participation:

* Alcohol: Pro-choice, pro-life or pro-Long Island tea?

* Managing your appetite mindfully with marijuana, tobacco and cocaine

* Birthday cake: But what if I scrape off the icing?

* Jerky and pork rinds: The benefits of sodium and lard

* bread, potatoes, Pasta, rice and matzah balls: Carbs, vey!

* Fruit: Worse than coconut cream pie?

* Ketosis and quinoa

* Avoiding caffeine: The case for Mormonism

* How long must I wait before having sex? Protip: Longer than your parents did! Ba-dump!

My surgeon/NUT didn't give me any hard restrictions on carbonated beverages. Just the warning that it will very likely cause discomfort. So it's something I'll probably try a few months to a year post surgery, and obviously no regularly sweetened beverages.< /p>

Here are some other topics that always inspire forum participation:

* Alcohol: Pro-choice, pro-life or pro-Long Island tea?

* Managing your appetite mindfully with marijuana, tobacco and cocaine

* Birthday cake: But what if I scrape off the icing?

* Jerky and pork rinds: The benefits of sodium and lard

* bread, potatoes, Pasta, rice and matzah balls: Carbs, vey!

* Fruit: Worse than coconut cream pie?

* Ketosis and quinoa

* Avoiding caffeine: The case for Mormonism

* How long must I wait before having sex? Protip: Longer than your parents did! Ba-dump!

Well thanks a lot!!! I just emitted a very unlady like snort that got the attention of several people in the doctors office where I'm waiting for my Botox appointment. Hey let's discuss Botox! For, against, etc.

Woohoo I'm next, bring on the needles! I just hope I can stop giggling long enough for my doctor to get a few good jabs in.

Thanks for making my day. :)

I am almost a year post op and have tried soda once. It was Diet Cherry 7up and and it was during a time I felt like I needed the bubbles in the my stomach to get whatever was stuck in my throat down.. Big mistake. I got the food that was stuck, along with the soda out within a min. I also tried those carbonated flavored waters as well, but those hurt my stomach and was laying in the fetal position for over a year.

I know that everyone is different. If you want to try it, I would wait until you are a few months out and try clear soda and caffeine free.

Good luck

@@snickysnack78 That's a great idea!! once I'm completely healed and a few months out if I decide I want to try pop, then I'll try like sierra mist.. which has carbonation but is caffeine free and clear liquid - so it might be easier on my sleeve.

I think it toootally just depends on your body - from what I can tell some people have intense pain from the gassy bubbles and some people tolerate it fine.. just a waiting game to find out which I will be and I honestly think I'll be okay with either outcome.. I won't miss something if it caused me pain ;) (Much like the fact that throwing up after eating a piece of rhubarb pie when I was about 6 has given me a lifelong distate for the stuff)

Forgive me Father for I have sinned...

I drink soda...

The fully sugared b*tches...

Not every day tho...

And rarely do I finish a can...

I'm 14 months out...

240ish pounds down...

In a stall...

A non-soda related stall...

Trust me - I've checked...

Soda is not the devil...

No more than chocolate or anything else...

Altho avocado is pretty close...

Soapy tasting piece of...

Anyway..

Those things are not evil...

The inability (or unwillingness) to say no when you want to say no...

That's the sh*t you've gotta get sorted...

**I edited this because of the double posting..**

Well thanks a lot!!! I just emitted a very unlady like snort that got the attention of several people in the doctors office where I'm waiting for my Botox appointment. Hey let's discuss Botox! For, against, etc.

Woohoo I'm next, bring on the needles! I just hope I can stop giggling long enough for my doctor to get a few good jabs in.

Thanks for making my day. :)

@jaxmomm

Seriously ... I would love it if you would start a Botox / injectables / other face stuff thread!

I've been thinking about it, but haven't done anything yet. Would love to hear everyone's responses and experience with those things.

A.

@@LipstickLady

Oh yeah! I bet you that my surgeon can beat up your surgeon!

:)

@@LipstickLady

Oh yeah! I bet you that my surgeon can beat up your surgeon!

:)

I'm still mad about the avocado.