Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 days out & increasing pain on my left side

I have a one piece that has straps , and shorts. The shorts of the onesie are similar to Spanx, but the torso is more of a stronger material.

Where did you get it?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Target

I'm having same issue, 2 weeks post op. Looks like I have an infection at that drain tube incision. It started draining 2 days ago. It started getting hard under the incision so I talked to my surgeon and she said I needed to see my primar doc or go to ER. I live in ALaska and had my surgery in Dan Diego. So frustrating.

I'm having same issue, 2 weeks post op. Looks like I have an infection at that drain tube incision. It started draining 2 days ago. It started getting hard under the incision so I talked to my surgeon and she said I needed to see my primar doc or go to ER. I live in ALaska and had my surgery in Dan Diego. So frustrating.

You should def go to Dr if it's getting hard. That's one of the signs they told me to watch for as a sign of infection (mine is not hard & surgeon said it looks fine). I see my surgeon Friday.

I'm more concerned about the diarrhea and today I felt off balance when I got up so I finally took anti diarrhea meds. So far so good.

I am 7 days out today and experiencing the same thing. Pain on my left side almost like a pulled muscle and a burning sensation around my belly button. All of my incisions look fine and I have my first post op Thursday but maybe I should email/call dr office tomorrow!

So I saw my surgeon and I have CDiff, a bad bacterial infection. Started antibiotics Friday & still not 100% better but finally seeing less frequency in diarrhea.

I asked him if I could do compression wear & he said no b/c it delays healing but so many other Dr's give them out after surgery or recommend them. I'm so tired of this pain that I think I'm going to try one. If I walk early on in the day I'm ok, but sometimes I'm in tears after a walk (like today). The pain is holding me back.

I am 7 days out today and experiencing the same thing. Pain on my left side almost like a pulled muscle and a burning sensation around my belly button. All of my incisions look fine and I have my first post op Thursday but maybe I should email/call dr office tomorrow!

That is exactly what is hurting on me as well. The burning happens worse when I walk. He said its normal. But I don't think this much pain at 16 days out is ok. I'm going to look for compression wear but even pants hurt when I wear them.

That is exactly what is hurting on me as well. The burning happens worse when I walk. He said its normal. But I don't think this much pain at 16 days out is ok. I'm going to look for compression wear but even pants hurt when I wear them.

I know this thread is several weeks old and hopefully OP is feeling better by now

I had left side pain for about 3 weeks that made it difficult to get up from my chair or bend to tie my shoes. It was burning and also constantly felt like I had a huge cramp in my side. I had to put pressure on my side in that area to stand up or bend over. Finally one day, I was getting up from my recliner and used my abdominal muscles to do so and felt this huge, sharp twang in the spot where I would have the cramp. Viola, burning and crampy feeling gone, never to return. I think they stitch something to your abdominal wall with a stitch that eventually dissolves and 'let's go' or I had an adhesion that broke free or something along those lines.

I had the exact same thing! It took a couple weeks for it to subside and haven't had any pain since then.

I am 5 years out of surgery and yes lactose intolerant & get the dumping syndrome with sugar. The pain I had after surgery on my side was horrible. I went to the support group and everyone said get "gripe water" I know whole foods has it. It is used for babies with gas pains but it worked.

Last Wed my pain finally started to subside. Today I'm 3 weeks out, 30 lbs down since, and went to the gym for the first time. Boy am I hungry. But other than the hunger, I'm doing well now.

sugar free pop sickles help or free Protein Shakes and eat like ice cream. You are doing great. I had to have surgery twice 25 years ago the surgery was done badly and I developed a leak I started at 410lbs from age 18 to 29. After surgery the 1st time I stayed at 225lbs until I got sick and had surgery again I started at 275lbs and now I stay at about 180lb unless I get sick then I loss 40lbs but fight to gain it back so I can have straight

Not really. It is hard to keep on track . I make myself go to the gym because it makes me clear my head and if I could eat bad stuff and not have to be in pain for days I would. But I always ask myself is it worth 3 days of being sick. And when I slip and say yes it is worth being sick, I am sicker than the time before. I just keep omitting stuff that makes me sick. Fried food, meat, sugar , dairy. And I still don't like my body without clothes. But I do not want any more surgeries. I got married last year and quit my job. Then had surgery on my rt foot, then fell and broke my rt wrist, then fell and broke my left ankle. I am still unable to walk but I am still trying to figure out what I want to do with my life. The struggle never stops