Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Is the Craziest Thing You’ve Ordered at a Restaurant?

I ordered a "chicken sandwich, no bread, add avocado, sauce on the side, sub fruit for fries (wrap that to go) and would you bring a to go box when you bring out my order?. Oh, and could the chef weigh the cooked chicken breast and let me know how much it weighs. Thanks." I don't think that was too crazy. This is what I think WAS crazy. The following items all arrived on separate plates; grilled chicken breast, 2 slices monterey jack cheese, 1/4 sliced avocado, 2 slices Tomato, red onion rings, a leaf of romaine, and chipotle mayo. My table looked like I was a glutton at a dim sum house. The server raised his eyebrows as if to wonder if he did a good job. I smiled, chuckled to myself, and reached for the to go box.

I've done the "Big Mac - No lettuce, no bun, extra Special Sauce" thing once...

Still couldn't eat it all...

I make what I call a Big Mac salad at home - so I can portion the ingredients to my tastes. ;)

I usually find that it's easier to "modify" my dish when it comes to me. It's not going to be any cheaper if I don't get a bun or bread so I'll just order it as is and take off what I don't want when it comes to me.

I still get rice or noodles with my chinese because other people will eat it

Ugh...poutine with short rib gravy. Don't judge me.

@, but 10-15 fries and I'd be stuffed. Poutine, yum...cold,leftover fries, yuk. Short rib gravy DOES sound delish...

I ordered 1 meatball at an Italian restaurant. I had just been cleared for such foods and I could barely eat it all.

@@DavidOso - I ordered a grilled chicken breast salad at Fridays. I asked that I ONLY get a handful, at the most, of the assorted lettuce w/no croutons, and that the rest be laid out separately. The rest was the Protein filled goodies: eggs, cheese, avocado, chicken. It all arrived on one plate but I still got the BIG pile of lettuce :(

I hate to waste food and that's why I have backed off ordering salads at restaurants.

To avoid "the look" I usually dissect my food and load into my to-go box that I get after my food is delivered.

I will order the kids pizza, grab two slices and only eat the toppings...LOL

I order off the kid menu at most places

or will order 3 small to go boxes and a bag be brought to the table and I will separate my meal into 4 meals before I start eating at all.

I frequent the same places, so its weird when they ask me if I want my usual LMBO!

Depending on who I'm with or where I'm at, i may just share from my husbands plate or order on my own with a request for a to go box be brought out immediately. I went to the local Breakfast place alone the other day. Ordered a feta cheese, mushroom and spinach omelette- I literally ate 1/16th of it!!!! Ate another small piece for dinner and one of my boys finished the rest.

This weekend for Breakfast I ordered the strawberry and banana crepes. It came with strawberry Syrup swirls on top. I carefully scraped it off- didn't want the sugar- only to bite into a piece to find not only the fresh strawberry a and bananas, but the same strawberry syrup inside. Ugh! Didn't risk it. Gave them to my daughter to eat later and just had a piece of my hubby's omelette. Now I know to ask....

I'm always ordering one of the subs or sandwiches without the bun. It seems simple enough but the servers really have a hard time understanding it. The first time I did it, the guy at the counter kept saying "but how will you eat it? Will you eat it like a pancake?" He said the pancake thing enough times that my co-workers (we were at the airport waiting for our flight for a business trip) still tease me about "eating my food like a pancake"!

I no longer order rice which is an odd one for me. I find that I don't really like rice but it's a mental thing for me that rice isn't on my plate and I'm not mixing it into the food. Weird that it bothers me.

At a really good Italian restaurant in NYC, I just ordered meatballs. Got lot's of weird looks but it worked for me.

I went to a sushi restaurant and I ordered a California roll with no rice. I had to explain like a dozen times. I eventually just said I was allergic to rice and just needed seaweeds wrapped veggies and crab meat. LOL

Quite a few restaurants now have on the menu, a lettuce wrapped burger instead of a bun. I love that!! I have never ordered it but I think the next time I see it, I am going to, just because I love them for doing this!!

Quite a few restaurants now have on the menu, a lettuce wrapped burger instead of a bun. I love that!! I have never ordered it but I think the next time I see it, I am going to, just because I love them for doing this!!

You can get any of Red Robin's chicken sandwiches or burgers this way. I have gotten them a few times. Yummy.

I have added a lobster tail or shrimp skewer to hubby's meal as my meal and will steal a couple of bites of his Caesar salad.

I have ordered a single meatball.

I get appetizers mostly. One of my favorites is the Ahi tuna from Outback. It comes with just a little bit of Asian slaw. They have small and large. The small is perfect.

I have ordered off the kid's menu. Most places don't mind.

I travel about 10 times a year for business so eat out a lot.

Ugh...poutine with short rib gravy. Don't judge me.

mmmmm poutine

or as we call them in Jersey...DISCO FRIES