Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 16th surgery buddies?.....Let's do this together!

I don't get to find out until right before the surgery. Kinda stinks!!

I have a surgery time but I don't know what time I have to be at the hospital...mine is at 9 so I am pretty sure I will be at work the hospital at7:30 if not earlier..... The earlier the better since no liquids that morning. Is there anyone else that does not require a 2 week preop diet!?

I'm on day 6 of the mostly liquid diet. I'm allowed 2 cups of veg from a list given to me by my dietician. I generally stir fry those with a quick spritz of Fry-light then douse with soy sauce. It's not been a bad run so far, I was sorely tested yesterday when I had 2 birthday cakes to make and must confess to licking my some cake mix of my finger! I took a bowl of salad to the evening party and that was just fine. I did have a moment yesterday in the middle of the cake decorating when I felt very nauseous and sweaty but it passed off equally quickly. I have to be at the hospital for 11.00 on the 16th so I will be in theatre sometime in the afternoon. Just read an article saying that later afternoon was the worst time to have surgery, wth, I have no control over that.

I'm on the 18th. Doing ok so far on the diet. Haven't cheated I'm happy for that. Good luck guys

Edited by pat4red

My surgery is scheduled for the 16th of May. Anyone with a surgery date close to that want to go though this together and support each other? I'm located in Florida.

Kathy

I just had mine on the 3rd! Sure!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using the BariatricPal App

@@kmorri, thank you for starting this thread. Real food, you are so lucky! I've got the 100% liquid diet for 2 weeks. 4 Protein Shakes + sugar-free popsicle, broth, Jello, things like that.

I'm going to use Premier Protein shakes. Most stores around here charge $8.99 for a 4-pack. I just found a great deal for these on Walmart.com including free shipping and very fast delivery. I'll have it this Tuesday the 10th! Only $7.62. I ordered enough for 30 days' supply of chocolate, vanilla and strawberry.

I've been eating very well for months, Paleo with high quality Proteins and all sorts of fresh produce. My fridge is full right now. On Sunday evening I'll take the rest of the produce, zap it all in the Ninja to make green smoothies out of it, then freeze into cubes. I figure I can start using these during the puree post-op phase.

What is everyone else doing this weekend to get ready? :)

This is so exciting!!! It means so much to have others going through the same emotions and ups and downs as me at the same time....@@Maggie Journey it's weird how different plans can be so different....for example my plan says I can't use any Protein Drinks that have "protein concentrate" or has hydrolyzsed Gelatin, or collagen Protein anywhere in the ingredients.......so I can't have the Premier.....I ordered unjury powder so that's the kind I'll be using.

As far as what I'm doing this weekend to get ready.......I'm pretty much ready so I've been making spreadsheets...haha yes, I'm one of those!!! But I'm making spreadsheets so I can track my weight and measurements.

Thanks for sharing! About the pure protien drinks... I am on the full liquid still and those premier protien drinks are scrumptuous!!lol

@@kmorri, thank you for starting this thread. Real food, you are so lucky! I've got the 100% liquid diet for 2 weeks. 4 Protein Shakes + sugar-free popsicle, broth, Jello, things like that.

I'm going to use Premier Protein shakes. Most stores around here charge $8.99 for a 4-pack. I just found a great deal for these on Walmart.com including free shipping and very fast delivery. I'll have it this Tuesday the 10th! Only $7.62. I ordered enough for 30 days' supply of chocolate, vanilla and strawberry.

I've been eating very well for months, Paleo with high quality Proteins and all sorts of fresh produce. My fridge is full right now. On Sunday evening I'll take the rest of the produce, zap it all in the Ninja to make green smoothies out of it, then freeze into cubes. I figure I can start using these during the puree post-op phase.

What is everyone else doing this weekend to get ready? :)

I'm on the 18th. Doing ok so far on the diet. Haven't cheated I'm happy for that. Good luck guys

18th here too

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hi all, I'm new to the group and also scheduled for 5/16. I'm in NYC and my surgeon is Dr. Roslin. He does not require much of a pre-op diet - only liquids the day before (as well as no alcohol or NSAIDS for 2 weeks prior). My insurance plan did not require a diet prior to surgery either. I am working with a naturopath separately, however, and she advised me to quit gluten, dairy, and soy. I'm slowly weaning myself off coffee and that's been hard! I'm definitely scared - I've never had any kind of major surgery. But I'm as ready to get this done as I'll ever be!

Hi all, I'm new to the group and also scheduled for 5/16. I'm in NYC and my surgeon is Dr. Roslin. He does not require much of a pre-op diet - only liquids the day before (as well as no alcohol or NSAIDS for 2 weeks prior). My insurance plan did not require a diet prior to surgery either. I am working with a naturopath separately, however, and she advised me to quit gluten, dairy, and soy. I'm slowly weaning myself off coffee and that's been hard! I'm definitely scared - I've never had any kind of major surgery. But I'm as ready to get this done as I'll ever be!

Well congrats to you: and I'm sure we'll all be hearing from ea other many many more times!

So does everyone have a surgery time yet?? My surgeon doesn't give an exact time....I just know I'm second of the day and have to be at the hospital at 8:00 am........the person first of the list has to be there at 5:00.

In this instance I'd say second place is definitely better! I am definitely not a morning person. My surgery is scheduled for 10am with an arrival time of 7am.

I more week to go!!!! The good news, is so far I've lost 9 lbs on the pre-op diet! Happy Mother's day to all the moms in our group!!!! I hope everyone has a great day!!!

All I've been told is 1200 calories; I'll have to ask on Wednesday if there are restrictions within the 1200 calories. I think I'll be ok as long as I know what I'm allowed to have...

Oh OK I'm located in new Orleans and you?

Sent from my SM-N910P using the BariatricPal App

May 10th in Slidell!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using the BariatricPal App