Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 16th surgery buddies?.....Let's do this together!

Good news!!! the official approval came through! talk about nerve wracking!!! Can we say relief?

@@kmorri, YAAAAAY! I'll bet you feel a lot better now!

@@Maggie Journey, I am not loving this all liquid diet so far. I have only been able to get down 3 shakes a day because I am not used to the taste. It is no bueno to me. I got Peanut Butter flavor and now am mixing the chocolate and Peanut Butter together and it makes it a little easier to get down. My tummy is starting to really rumble! I know I need to get more in but the taste makes it hard for me. I am trying though!! One day at a time. Only 12 1/2 more to go!!! :rolleyes:

Look into getting some sugarfree Syrup stuff to add to them...it helps to give some variety to flavors. For me its greet because I am not a big chocolate fan.

kmorri and evette305 I am in Jacksonville

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Wow! so am I.....well I'm in Middleburg. My surgery will be at St Vincent's in Riverside. My surgeon is Dr. Uchal. Where is your surgery going to be? Small world!!!

I am just down the road a little bit West on I-10 in Pensacola, FL...so an Florida-Alabamian verse Florida-Georgian

So 10 days to go!!! How's everyone doing? It's funny, it seems like the weight is just falling off of me during my pre op....I've already lost 8 pounds!!! haha I know as soon as I put anything in my mouth with any carbs in it, it would come right back.....Prior to starting I had a lot of swelling and it is mostly gone. With carbs I'd start retaining all that Fluid again. My feet and ankles looked like elephant legs when I started, and now I can see my ankle bone a little.

My pre-op diet is basically the Atkins induction phase without all the extra fat.....just meat, Eggbeaters, and non-starchy veggies......pretty easy!

My pre-op diet starts today: no more than 800 calories, 60-80 grams Protein, all liquid. Works out to about 4 Premier shakes and change. Plus I gotta drink all my Water. It's gonna be a long 10 days....

My 7 day all liquid pre-op diet starts Monday. I am so afraid of feeling crappy the whole week but I am also excited to get this show on the road. I have a very supportive husband so I know he'll do whatever he can to help me through it.

Hey thanks for the invite. My surgery is on the 17th and I'm on day 4 of the pre op diet. Mine too is all liquid but I am allowed lowfat greek yogurt that after a day full of Protein shakes is like freaking manna! Mentally I'm doing pretty well with all of this. I had to feed the kids some meatballs last night that my wife made and they smelled awesome but I only touched them to feed to the kids. Tuesday was my first day which was also my wifes birthday so there was dinner with family at an all you can eat chinese buffet and then cake and ice cream at home afterwards.The temptations weren't that overwhelming, so far. I've only been getting in like 500-550 cals a day so far but I'm not really that overwhelmingly hungry. My mindset is psyched about this whole thing and I'm focusing on what I have to do a day at a time instead of thinking too much about how long I'll have to do this. I also focus on the goals of being able to take the kids to Disneyworld next year and all the other activities that I'll be able to do with them. Like being able to fit in an airplane seat, not getting winded playing with them, being able to buy and wear nice clothes. Being able to get in good work outs, maybe getting back to running. Being able to have a better life with my wife than this weight allows. And so much more. I think focusing on this stuff is what is helping to make this pre op diet a little easier to deal with. So God bless all of ya and good luck on your surgery.

Hey thanks for the invite. My surgery is on the 17th and I'm on day 4 of the pre op diet. Mine too is all liquid but I am allowed lowfat greek yogurt that after a day full of Protein shakes is like freaking manna! Mentally I'm doing pretty well with all of this. I had to feed the kids some meatballs last night that my wife made and they smelled awesome but I only touched them to feed to the kids. Tuesday was my first day which was also my wifes birthday so there was dinner with family at an all you can eat chinese buffet and then cake and ice cream at home afterwards.The temptations weren't that overwhelming, so far. I've only been getting in like 500-550 cals a day so far but I'm not really that overwhelmingly hungry. My mindset is psyched about this whole thing and I'm focusing on what I have to do a day at a time instead of thinking too much about how long I'll have to do this. I also focus on the goals of being able to take the kids to Disneyworld next year and all the other activities that I'll be able to do with them. Like being able to fit in an airplane seat, not getting winded playing with them, being able to buy and wear nice clothes. Being able to get in good work outs, maybe getting back to running. Being able to have a better life with my wife than this weight allows. And so much more. I think focusing on this stuff is what is helping to make this pre op diet a little easier to deal with. So God bless all of ya and good luck on your surgery.

Great attitude!!! You'll do great. Keep up the good work and keep your eye on the prize! Welcome to our group!

@@jackbh so funny about the meatballs because I made them also last night and the meatballs were dying for me to taste them. (Which I did not) :D All liquid all the time is not my favorite place to be right now BUT it is a little easier today than yesterday and so on and so on. I eat Jello 1 a day to chew and drink 1 cup of broth a day for some savory goodness but I haven't been able to get 4 shakes in like they want. I get a solid 3 down so I think I am going to maybe divide the last one into the 3 and see if that will get it done.

@@kmorri, I wish I could feel the lbs falling off!! I am pretty sure I am down a couple of lbs though. I have a scale but we are not friends right now. I am going to wait and be super excited at the DR office when I go in for surgery and they tell me I am down 10 lbs.

4 days done, 10 more to go!!!

@@jackbh so funny about the meatballs because I made them also last night and the meatballs were dying for me to taste them. (Which I did not) :D All liquid all the time is not my favorite place to be right now BUT it is a little easier today than yesterday and so on and so on. I eat Jello 1 a day to chew and drink 1 cup of broth a day for some savory goodness but I haven't been able to get 4 shakes in like they want. I get a solid 3 down so I think I am going to maybe divide the last one into the 3 and see if that will get it done.

@@kmorri, I wish I could feel the lbs falling off!! I am pretty sure I am down a couple of lbs though. I have a scale but we are not friends right now. I am going to wait and be super excited at the DR office when I go in for surgery and they tell me I am down 10 lbs.

4 days done, 10 more to go!!!

The unjury brand of Protein powder that is chicken broth flavored is great!!! I love it for when I'm tired of the sweetness.

Hi! My surgery is on the 17th, I started my pre op diet on Tuesday the 3rd, and I have lost 8.5 pounds since I started, I am in Boston Massachusetts. :D

Hi! My surgery is on the 17th, I started my pre op diet on Tuesday the 3rd, and I have lost 8.5 pounds since I started, I am in Boston Massachusetts. :D

Welcome to our group. The folks we have with surgery on the 17th can hold the fort down when the rest of us go in on the 16th... :P

So does everyone have a surgery time yet?? My surgeon doesn't give an exact time....I just know I'm second of the day and have to be at the hospital at 8:00 am........the person first of the list has to be there at 5:00.