Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Movies that make fun of fat people

I loved Norbit and The Nutty Professor....gee do you think Eddy Murphy dislikes fat people? LOL

My Daughter watches these movies with me and instead of her getting that "dislike, grossed out" feeling towards fat people, she actually is learning to feel more compassion towards them. In Norbit, I did have to explain to her that it was not Rasputia's weight that Norbit didn't like, it was her nasty attitude and cruelty.

Shallow Hal bothered me. How she got the big granny panties, and they made it like since she's fat, she can carry her man in the end.

Watching the movies alone, it doesn't bother me.. but if I'm with DH it makes me emberassed, like he's thinking I would look like/do something they do in the movies, cause I'm big.. although I'm not as big as them, it just makes for akward moments.

i guess movies never really bothered me... never really thought about it..

i always want to have the body maybe of someone in a movie..certainly not skinny skinny but a nice body...

BUT the other day i was watching a commercial for a plus size bra...and the bitch pulled out a gummi bear and was like oops didnt know it was there??!! LMAO i dont know if the people were implying that fat people just "find" candy in their bra lol

want2beme-Anna Nicole was definitely a beautiful woman(big or small). Just think when you get slim you will probably look like her too. I wish I could be so lucky............Best of luck.

i guess movies never really bothered me... never really thought about it..

i always want to have the body maybe of someone in a movie..certainly not skinny skinny but a nice body...

BUT the other day i was watching a commercial for a plus size bra...and the bitch pulled out a gummi bear and was like oops didnt know it was there??!! LMAO i dont know if the people were implying that fat people just "find" candy in their bra lol

roflmao

Haven't seen that commercial, but thats the stuff that bothers me! Just cause I'm plus size doesn't mean I store food in all the folds of my clothes, or that I wear panties bigger than a child.

I hate that bumper sticker that says, "No Fat Chicks". It's been around forever and everytime I see it, it pisses me off. Even when I was much, much thinner, I hated it. How arrogant, ignorant and downright mean!!!!

Movies bother me but the one that really gets me is Jay Leno, My hubby watches him almost every night and he's seems to make jokes about heavy people quite often... He's no skinny mini himself, so where does he get off.

Movies bother me but the one that really gets me is Jay Leno, My hubby watches him almost every night and he's seems to make jokes about heavy people quite often... He's no skinny mini himself, so where does he get off.

I was just about to add that why is it that the "fat" woman always get made fun of and its never the "fat" men. Its like no one cares if a man is fat, but if a woman is then oh no, call the presses. Its like the same thing with men sleeping around. Its okay for the men to do it but, if a woman does it... OH NO!!!

This whole thread kinda made me smile. I agree with all of you that society views the overweight as jokes, that movies portray the portly as lazy, stupid, and ALWAYS looking for a meal, and that it is very different for a fat man then it is for a fat woman, but truthfully that's life.

Right now I AM the woman in public who gets the stares, snickers, out-right insults, and looks of pity from others. I have grown to expect it, however, I can not bring myself to not feel it so to speak. I am the one that you "somewhat overweight, but not morbidly obese" women find when you've looked around the room to see someone fatter than you for self-comfort. For some strange reason, it seems inherent in all people.

I wish we really could see others for the beauty they posses inside rather than what they look like outside, but that is never going to happen so given the world in which we live, I guess we will all have to make do the best we can. If "Fat Movies" bother you and people around you are rude about your weight, try not to let it affect your mood. Let's just try and be the best PEOPLE we can and hope the rest falls into place.

This whole thread kinda made me smile. I agree with all of you that society views the overweight as jokes, that movies portray the portly as lazy, stupid, and ALWAYS looking for a meal, and that it is very different for a fat man then it is for a fat woman, but truthfully that's life.

Right now I AM the woman in public who gets the stares, snickers, out-right insults, and looks of pity from others. I have grown to expect it, however, I can not bring myself to not feel it so to speak. I am the one that you "somewhat overweight, but not morbidly obese" women find when you've looked around the room to see someone fatter than you for self-comfort. For some strange reason, it seems inherent in all people.

I wish we really could see others for the beauty they posses inside rather than what they look like outside, but that is never going to happen so given the world in which we live, I guess we will all have to make do the best we can. If "Fat Movies" bother you and people around you are rude about your weight, try not to let it affect your mood. Let's just try and be the best PEOPLE we can and hope the rest falls into place.

I read your post and find it interesting. I also note that you are a newbie in the posting game and I suspect that you have a lot to say. Please keep on posting, pleads Green.

I really do believe that we have a lot to learn from each other; the trick is to keep on talking (posting). To tell you all the truth, I've been educating a lot of my personal off-line friends about weight issues, both physical and psychological, thanks to the knowledge which I have been gaining here.

That we have the ability to exist as a tightly knit cyber community is absolutely wonderful. I am certain that I would have been considerably less successful in my own weight loss journey if I had undertaken this without the support of LBT. Please do feel free to share your experiences with the rest of us.