Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I feel really great. after day 3, I felt back to normal. I've only thrown up once, but that's because I ate too fast. my only issue is heart burn. I never had heart burn until after my surgery and it's awful! I'm happy that I'm not craving junky food, just sushi and salad. still have 5 more weeks of a restricted diet and then I'm unrestricted!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

That's great to hear!! I'm pleasantly surprised at my lack of emotional or real hunger! Is your weight progressing as you'd like/expect?

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

it was in the beginning, I went from 359 to 307 since January , but it's starting to slow down already which is making me nervous. I think it might be because I'm not eating as much as I should be. I'm beyond sick of the Protein shakes (been on them over a month) and the smell of food makes me sick. how has your loss been? I had my surgery 3/7/16

it was in the beginning, I went from 359 to 307 since January , but it's starting to slow down already which is making me nervous. I think it might be because I'm not eating as much as I should be. I'm beyond sick of the Protein shakes (been on them over a month) and the smell of food makes me sick. how has your loss been? I had my surgery 3/7/16

YThat's fantastic weight loss!! I just had surgery yesterday 3/30. I lost 12 lbs on preoperative diet. Went in for my IV therapy today and I gained 4 lbs ... crazy since I didn't eat and barely drank Water yesterday. Started at 255 lbs, day of surgery 243. Today 247. Hope it is just aftereffects of surgery ... can't be anything I've eaten!

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

my surgeon said most people gain when weighed at their 1 week post op, it's from being filled with so many fluids. nothing to worry about

Hey all! Glad to hear everyone is getting through okay! I just had my 2 week Post-Op today and my surgeon was shocked at my progress. I'm down 26.2 lbs in two weeks. He said his hope for me was 30 lbs in 30 days, so I'm "blowing way past that" - his words. I'm still not seeing it, but everyone else keeps saying "Oh my god, I can see it in your face", etc.

It hasn't been without it's difficulties, of course. I was on a week of Gatorade/Powerade/Fruit juice, and that was pretty easy (no thought process, no hunger, etc). I'm now on the pureed food stage for 3 weeks - and this stage SUCKS. I'm not a big fan of Protein shakes (I've tried a LOT of them over the last week - the Premier Protein 30g vanilla is so far my favorite, if a little sweet), and I've had some difficulty getting in all of my Protein. We've blended a lot of chicken, moist turkey meatloaf and even lamb (verdict: very tasty, but...it's pureed). I've had a ton of tuna fish w/fat free dressings (italian, balsamic). I'm just starting to get a little sick of all of the pureed, but I'm staying positive and looking forward to the next stage: what my NUT calls the "Meatball Stage" - the Ground Stage.

I don't have a lot of actual hunger. I think it's all eye/mind hunger. And when I'm really jonesing for it, I remember - "You're down TWENTY SIX POUNDS in two weeks! Keep it up!"

Also, so far, no dumping/vomiting/etc. I, too, want to drink faster than I should, but have to keep yelling at myself to take small(er) sips. It's tough when you're thirsty!

Keep up the good work everyone! I love hearing everyone's stories.

Hey all! Glad to hear everyone is getting through okay! I just had my 2 week Post-Op today and my surgeon was shocked at my progress. I'm down 26.2 lbs in two weeks. He said his hope for me was 30 lbs in 30 days, so I'm "blowing way past that" - his words. I'm still not seeing it, but everyone else keeps saying "Oh my god, I can see it in your face", etc.

It hasn't been without it's difficulties, of course. I was on a week of Gatorade/Powerade/Fruit juice, and that was pretty easy (no thought process, no hunger, etc). I'm now on the pureed food stage for 3 weeks - and this stage SUCKS. I'm not a big fan of Protein shakes (I've tried a LOT of them over the last week - the Premier Protein 30g vanilla is .

I ordered the sampler from Bariatric fusion. By FAR the best! Amazing flavors and NO whey taste! I placed an order over the phone today with them and offered to be their official spokesperson lol! That's how good they are! Each serving is 27 G Protein before adding milk. That's huge. Other shakes I had to mix with Water because I couldn't tolerate the taste mixed with milk. These I actually prefer with milk. Also- the Syntrax nectar brand had a fuzzy navel that is very good. I blend it with crushed ice, orange crystal light and feel like I'm having a wonderful summer drink!!!

Hey there! I went back on the 4th of April. I have a ton of energy (at least until TOM came) and feel great. I am now 55lbs from where I started on January 4th. I can walk up stairs without hyperventilating and can fit a size 20 dress and 22 pants without spandex! I would only weigh once a week. The scale can be addictive...other factors are how you feel, fit in your clothes, reduced joint pain, etc.

I have great news! After not having one for one year, I started my period! Yes I'm in pain and feel a bit weak, but I feel it's the right direction (pcos). Overall, surgery is the best decision I've made. Hope all is well for everyone else!

Hey there! I went back on the 4th of April. I have a ton of energy (at least until TOM came) and feel great. I am now 55lbs from where I started on January 4th. I can walk up stairs without hyperventilating and can fit a size 20 dress and 22 pants without spandex! I would only weigh once a week. The scale can be addictive...other factors are how you feel, fit in your clothes, reduced joint pain, etc.

I have great news! After not having one for one year, I started my period! Yes I'm in pain and feel a bit weak, but I feel it's the right direction (pcos). Overall, surgery is the best decision I've made. Hope all is well for everyone else!

@@Donegirl4life - CONGRATS on your weight loss so far! I completely agree - the scale can be very addictive. My team did tell me for the first couple of phases of the diet, I should be weighing myself close to daily - just to make sure I don't have any unusual losses/gains.

Today I'm 4 weeks and 2 days post op and down 41lbs. I'm absolutely shocked. My goal in my head was to be down 40lbs by the time I went on vacation in July. I guess I have to reassess all of that.

I'm trying SO hard not to buy any clothes. I'm down from a 48/50 pant to a 42 already. My donate pile is HUGE. I did have to buy a few polos because I just couldn't hide the fact that the old ones were starting to look massive on me. But I'm buying cheaply (yay Old Navy & JCPenney sales) so that I don't cry when they eventually have to be donated in another month or so.

pureed food stage is over, and I'm onto the "Meatball"/Ground meat stage. A little easier, but I find that I'm not getting in as much as I thought I would by this point. My guidelines say about 4oz at this point, but I'm lucky if I can get 3 oz in. And I got sick for the first time in 4 weeks the other day - on cod! I got about 1 oz in before the pouch said "NOPE". Strange because it was steamed simply with lemon and the tiniest bit of reduced fat spread. Ah well, I'll try it again when I get to the next stage and see how it goes.

I hope all of the March surgery guys/gals are doing well! I already feel like a new man, and can't wait to hear how y'all are doing. :)

post-286653-14664633181792_thumb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928T using the BariatricPal App

attachicon.gif20160610_164416000_iOS.jpg

You look amazing! Congrats on the weight loss.

This is me: Surgery Date 3/16 (photo taken 3/15). After taken about 10 mins ago. 76 lbs down today from surgery.

Three Month Before & After

This is me: Surgery Date 3/16 (photo taken 3/15). After taken about 10 mins ago. 76 lbs down today from surgery.

Thank you so much! You as well are doing great! How's your pouch holding? ????

Thank you so much! You as well are doing great! How's your pouch holding?

So far, so good! Finally adding more solid foods and experimenting with new things. It's holding up pretty well (no dumping). I've been so anal retentive about it the last few months I'm nervous about adding more, but I know I need to have more calories. Getting there!

Thank you so much! You as well are doing great! How's your pouch holding?

So far, so good! Finally adding more solid foods and experimenting with new things. It's holding up pretty well (no dumping). I've been so anal retentive about it the last few months I'm nervous about adding more, but I know I need to have more calories. Getting there!

That's great! I'm happy for you bro

Mine is doing good. Very picky lol I don't enjoy the veggies I used to love like before so I'm trying new veggies out

post-286653-14674755176003_thumb.jpg

65LBS down!