Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did anyone else have to have several bags of potassium??

I had several bags of potassium/sodium. Gained 7 lbs in the hospital. But I've lost the Water weight.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

Is anyone else getting multiple notifications for each posting in their email? It's making me crazy!!

I moved one to my junk mail so the rest will go there as well. Now I don't see them in my inbox.

I'm 10 days post-op and doing pretty well except for backaches the past few days. That happen to anyone else? I'm on full liquids so I can have creamed Soups and Protein shakes! Yum!

SW: 286

CW: 259

@@Purplej I've been experiencing some backaches but I was told that was normal after surgery... Did anyone suffer with a fever post-op yesterday I had a high fever of 103.3 and since it broke I've been getting fevers off and on running about 99.5 I'm afraid this will keep me from being discharged and that I may have an infection somewhere.... I also have a drain tube that seem to be draining normally nothing to show infection

@@Purplej I've been experiencing some backaches but I was told that was normal after surgery... Did anyone suffer with a fever post-op yesterday I had a high fever of 103.3 and since it broke I've been getting fevers off and on running about 99.5 I'm afraid this will keep me from being discharged and that I may have an infection somewhere.... I also have a drain tube that seem to be draining normally nothing to show infection

Thanks for the information. My doctor didn't mention the backaches so I wasn't sure what was going on with that. I didn't have any fever in the hospital and I didn't have a drain tube either. Hopefully you'll get over this and start the healing process. Good luck.

Had surgery on Wednesday... went home Thursday around 6pm... passed the swallow test and got all my liquids in. Passed some gas last night and this morning and it was the best feeling. My tummy makes a lot of noise, lol. I can hear Fluid take its course... no BM, yet! Might be taking some milk of magnesium tonight before bed. No hungry, no cravings.

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

Hi everyone! So, I went in for RNY but came out with a VSG. The surgeon determined he couldn't safer perform the bypass based the density (read fat) in my abdomen. I'm two weeks out, and I'm finally getting better at wrapping my head around all that. Struggling hard to take in my Protein and fluids. I just don't get hungry. I know so many changes and adjustments are in store for me...just have to find my patience. Inoperable everyone else is doing well and having fruitful journeys!!

Hi, how is everyone holding up with the recovery and their weight loss journey?

So I just wanted to update y'all a bit !

I'm doing ok and no longer in pain . I got back to work this week . Im still very amazed on how I don't feel hunger anymore although I'm still dealing with cravings. The major thing I miss , this might sound weird for some , but I miss Water !! Yes ! Water ! I get thirsty a lot and the sip sip sip method is not quenching my thirst at all ! I actually ended up hurting my stomach the first few days trying to take big gulps in . So that's that !! Emotionally, I'm on a roller coaster so I don't know where to start so I'll just say that this too shall pass and hope for the better . Another thing , people are noticing my loss so I guess it's working but I don't feel like that when I step on the scale coz it's not as much as expected (and yes I hit a stall and it's harder to accept that this early and even worse when I'm obsessed with my scale, weighing myself 3-4 times a day just to see the damn same number ) But overall I m happy with the decision I made and excited to this new journey!! Hope everyone is doing better !

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

AHHH! I just found out today that my surgery date is March 16th. 3 weeks from tomorrow.

It all seems so fast. I just started this process with an all day appointment at mayo Clinic in November, and the time has FLOWN by.

I had my last visit with the psychologist on Friday and she signed off/discharged me then. I got the call from the surgical scheduler today and, I'm not even going to lie, started freaking out a little (okay, a lot).

Anyone else with March dates? My birthday is March 10th, so I can't think of a better way to usher in 33 than a new me.

I'm starting to get more nervous, but I keep telling myself that it's all for the better.

One preop visit, one lab visit, one bypass diet visit and then surgery. I don't know if anyone else has gone to Mayo Clinic, but they do not mess around. I've had to keep a significant food log (with pre and post-meal feelings) since November, had to cut out any alcohol and most caffeine and had to significantly increase exercise in order to be discharged.

Sorry, I'm kinda freaking out here. All of the forums here have been a massive help thus far, and I hope to post/contribute more as I go through the process.

WHEEE!

I had my gastric sleeve yesterday 3/30. Hope you are doing well!

Well I'm officially two weeks out from surgery and I've lost 14lbs thus far... However, I'm still having pain in my stomach not to mention today I got extremely nauseous and began to vomit and this continued for a few hours. Sadly I was suppose to start my soft foods today and I can't so I'm back on clear liquids.... My update sucks... Huh

Well I'm officially two weeks out from surgery and I've lost 14lbs thus far... However, I'm still having pain in my stomach not to mention today I got extremely nauseous and began to vomit and this continued for a few hours. Sadly I was suppose to start my soft foods today and I can't so I'm back on clear liquids.... My update sucks... Huh

14 lbs is great! Have you tried liquid Tylenol to help with pain? It works for me. I have a feeling I will frequently be nauseated through this process but the patch and anti-nausea helps. Dr gave me helps. Hang in there .. we are recovering.

@@Titaniumsleeved2014 you're so lucky you're starting soft foods at 2 weeks post op! I'm 3.5 weeks post op and still have another week of puréed diet

@@Titaniumsleeved2014 you're so lucky you're starting soft foods at 2 weeks post op! I'm 3.5 weeks post op and still have another week of puréed diet

How are doing/feeling at 3.5 weeks post-op?