Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any April/May 2016 sleevers?

I am scheduled to have my surgery April 20th. I am on Day 2 of the Pre Op liquid diet. So far so good!

We are surgery buddies!!
Awesome! Good luck and keep in touch.
How are you coping so far?

Im a big ball of mixed emotions... and being on opti isnt helping much

I am doing well. I came to peace with my decision when I decided to do the procedure. What I try to do is find myself imagining myself reaching my goal. What I will look like. What I will feel like. I also imagine doing the things that I will be able to do once I reach my goal and, the effect it will have on people that I love and care for. You also need someone to support you and confide in.
Im finding i keep doing 'what if' scenarios.

For eg... the biggest one is... what if in 20 years time... it turns out that there is complications related to this type of surgery.

I guess i am a little hesitant, as an ex bander.. i didn't have complications till 5 years out.... im scared the same will happen again

I completely understand and it is a valid point. I just think to myself what kind of complications might I have if I don't have the procedure done. In twenty years I will be 55 years old. At the weight I'm carrying now there is not a lot of people that are 55 and carrying that weight that don't have some other form of medical complication. As morbid as it sounds many people were never afforded the opportunity to see 55.Thats how I look at it.

Hi Shellba, My sleeve surgery is scheduled for May 2nd. I started my journey in January. I start my liquid fast on April 18th. I'm anxious and excited. Would be glad to share my journey with someone having their surgery about the same time and I am.

Edited by Linda49

I'm scheduled for this coming monday (April 11th). Feeling excited and nervous!

Sent from my SM-N920T using the BariatricPal App

That is awesome. Congrats. I'm the 18th and just got confirmed yesterday so I understand! Good luck and keep us posted!

Hi Shellba, My sleeve surgery is scheduled for May 2nd. I started my journey in January. I start my liquid fast on April 18th. I'm anxious and excited. Would be glad to share my journey with someone having their surgery about the same time and I am.

Hey Linda, our dates are the same, May 2nd

I just found out my surgery date: May 17th!!! 2 years ago I went to an information session on this surgery. I finally decided to do this in December and started all the insurance requirements in January. I'm so excited, I don't know how I'm going to get through this next month!

I'm scheduled for May 12th in Tijuana with Dr. Garcia.

I'm also scheduled for may 2nd :)

Sent from my SM-N900V using the BariatricPal App