Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any April/May 2016 sleevers?

Hello all,

I am scheduled for surgery 5/3/16 and was hoping to find some other people scheduled in April or May to keep in touch with for mutual support.

I'm hopefully going to be April... Just waiting on insurance approval right now. I have a blog, bariatricbeautyblog.wordpress.com and i found its a great way even if no one reads it. to kind of talk about my experience and let things out. Good Luck on your surgery!

I'm expecting an April surgery as well! Hoping for the sleeve but it may be the bypass due to new findings in my scope test. Good luck to you! How did you get your date so far out? I wish you good luck!

I would have been eligible end of March/early April but due to job constraints I requested after May 1st. So they set my date as May 3rd. I wasn't even aware they didn't set dates at the beginning of the journey till I got on this forum.

After reading some posts here--I'm nervous about insurance approval. I started with a BMI 42, no co-morbitities. Well--at least I didn't think I had any. Lol!! Now have discovered mild sleep apnea. Not bad enough to justify c-pap so not sure that counts. My BMI is now down to 40 and I'm afraid if I continue to lose, they will reject me. All my other requirements are done.

It's hard waiting so long for the surgery. Hope all of you are doing well on your journey. Good luck. Message me anytime!!!

Shelly

Hi Shelly

I too thought I was great until I had all these tests run in me lol. Found out I too have mild sleep apnea along with a thyroid issue and the start of Barrett's esophagus and acid reflux. I told them I don't have acid issues and she said the silent is the worst cause you don't even know it's happening. Uggg. So I am now on Tagamet(prescription) and synthroid. I also had to have a complete gyne work up and since I never had a mamo (age49) please don't yell at me, I had to go to the next level and have an ultrasound due to unlivable findings. I'm ok with that. They just want me back in 3 months!

I too had lost some weight. I'm a 38bmi but you would have to get below a 35 to not qualify. If you have issues it's easier to qualify.

I don't have a set date although I have met all the requirements. My doc wants all this. My insurance doesn't require even half this stuff. I'm not sure how people get such s far projected date for surgery. I've never heard of that. I mean it all depends on your testing outcome and they submission to insurance and Doctor availability. Maybe I'm missing something.

Good luck to you! Your going to do just fine!????

Hi everyone! I am also a April/May sleever. I don't have a surgery date yet because I have to wait until my 6 months are up which will be in April. They said my insurance usually approves within 3 days after they submit my notes. Fingers crossed!

i am booked in for sleeve 6th april 16 in Canberra. australia. Am looking forward to the change this will help bring in my life. i am 136kg (300 pounds) and 168cm ( 5foot 5"), but i am also nervice. i am 43yrs and have been over weight for the last 30 years. i hope to connect with other on their journey.

April 12th :-)

My date is April 1st! It's coming up so slowly and so quickly all at once! I start my Pre-Op diet March 17th!

My surgery is scheduled for 16th May. I could have opted for 1st April but I needed additional time to get together the gap fees. I don't know how it works in the US but here in Australia there's a gap between what the Health Cover pays and the total fees. I'm very nervous about it all on account of my age, I am 67. I'm 5' 4" and weigh 110 kgs, about 240 lbs. My surgeon wants me to get to 65 to 70 kgs which just seems to be a joke at the moment. I can't remember the last time I was 70 kgs. I have type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure, my greatest hope is that my diabetes goes into remission.

Hi everyone I'm new to this site and I figure I should join since I needed to find a support group. I suppose to be set for April or May that is when my sixmonths I gain 4 pounds which to me is crazy cause I been steady at 297. So I'm getting nervous and unsure about everything. Has anyone been in the pre open phase and gain weight?

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

I hope to be in the May club.

I started this decision last fall. Got a surgeon, met, started therapy, got PCP on board who sent paperwork, psych clearance...was on my way.

Then jump to me changing surgeons. Long story. If you want it, I got it. :)

Had to wait a month to get in there...then she cancelled and rescheduled for Feb.

About same time, due to a change in jobs, our insurance is changing and that surgical team/hospital is not covered. I have to start over.

Thus, my third "first" appointment for a surgery date and list of whatever the new insurance wants to do list, is March 17th. I am not sure if the new doc or the new insurance will accept any of the previously done work or not. I may be handed a whole new punch list of testing to get done. Did I mention I meet my brand new PCP the week prior and need to get a new authorization'/referral from her? I have no worries about qualifying. But jeez.

I am hoping I can be fast tracked given I've been a this and get in there by May, June the latest. The surgery center and docs have the whole story and will help. My only hold up could be if new insurance has some 6 months wait clause like some do. I won't know the ins and outs of that until Tuesday but it doesn't appear that's an issue for my insurance. *fingerscrossed*

Edited by Muted_Tummy

I'm scheduled for April 1. I have to lose ten pounds before surgery. I'm doing the Atkins diet now and will start a liquid diet a couple of weeks.