Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Milk: the Reason I Look Like a Heifer?

The process of Calcium conversion to bone is not something you can feel in your femurs in a day, lol, so don't worry. However, if you're concerned that your sugar intake is higher due to milk, try Fairlife milk instead. It is reduced sugar and fortified with Protein, so it's much easier to keep your carbs low!

I giggle a little every time I see this post listed...

I don't drink as much milk as I used to, despite my dairy farm background. I do like Fairlife and I find I lose better when I consistantly use unsweetened almond milk in my coffee. However, when I get a craving, I just drink a glass of 1 or 2% and it satisfies me.

I never gave up milk. Being from Wisconsin, pretty sure it's illegal ;) . I drink it straight. I use it to mix my Protein shakes, I use 1/2 and 1/2 in my coffee. I drank lactaid for the first 4 months, switched to skim once I could tolerate lactose again and then went to 1% or 2% when I passed goal and wanted to add more calories.

As for Calcium, ironically, most almond and coconut milks are fortified and actually have more calcium than dairy milk. I take MyKind Organic Plant Calcium supplement (with D3, K2, and magnesium for maximum absorption) 3 times/day, separate from my multi.

Being a cheese head myself I understand the dilemma! Growing up on 5-6 glasses a day, I became diabetic in my late 30's and even though I have always drank skim had to give it up. I was crushed. After surgery in Sept by NUT said I need to have at least 1 glass a day plus my Calcium Vitamins. Needless to say I was very excited to start drinking it daily again. Like everything else we now all do moderation is key! Hope you can find a different way to get your pain under control.

Sent from my XT1254 using BariatricPal

I've been tracking my food in MyFitnessPal, and noticed that my sugar intake is much higher than I expected every single day. It comes down to milk. I drink a lot of it. When I don't drink it, my femurs ache. Has anyone else experienced this?

Anyway, between the sugar and the overall calories, I'm starting to accept that I should drink a lot less of it. This article is pretty convincing: How Drinking Milk Can Help a Hardgainer Get Bigger!

Has anyone else out there dropped milk for weight loss?

​Look at what milk does. Milk WILL kill you. Lots of studies show link to cancer & other problem's.

Why are we drinking another mammals milk?

All animals are weaned from there mothers milk for a reason. Why do you think we need to keep drinking another animals milk?

The cow's milk is made to double the weight to 600 pounds of it's baby.

Studies show the countries with the most milk drinkers have the most bone breakage.

The good stuff about milk is from the milk companies. Most of the world do not drink milk.

The white stuff in milk is PUS. It is from infections the cow's have because how they are kept. Milk is loaded with pesticides & other nasty stuff.

This is just the tip of the problem.

The white stuff in milk is PUS. It is from infections the cow's have because how they are kept.

I have never heard of anything so ignorant in my entire life. You should have left that part out if you wanted anyone to take anything you said seriously. Just makes you look like an idiot.

Yeah. I don't think the white stuff in milk is pus.

Google shark jump.

Oh, for the love of God and all things dairy.....

The white stuff in milk is from casein, a Protein, which along with the fat molecules, make the milk appear white. When we remove the fat, as in skim milk, the milk appears to have a bluish color.

In addition, the reasons for weaning are many. Fertility is reduced while nursing, there is increased need for other nutrients, Fiber, etc... Most other species will consume milk of any type if given the option. We have the resources. However, it is tough for a kitten to milk a cow herself.

"Lots of studies".... hmmm, really?

Oh, for the love of God and all things dairy.....

The white stuff in milk is from casein, a Protein, which along with the fat molecules, make the milk appear white. When we remove the fat, as in skim milk, the milk appears to have a bluish color.

In addition, the reasons for weaning are many. Fertility is reduced while nursing, there is increased need for other nutrients, Fiber, etc... Most other species will consume milk of any type if given the option. We have the resources. However, it is tough for a kitten to milk a cow herself.

"Lots of studies".... hmmm, really?

Yes drop the amount of milk drop 15lbs in no time I had same problem! I STOPPED dropped 8lbs in 6 days 15lbs total just eliminating milk on regular

Sent from my LGLS770 using the BariatricPal App

The white stuff in milk is PUS. It is from infections the cow's have because how they are kept.

I have never heard of anything so ignorant in my entire life. You should have left that part out if you wanted anyone to take anything you said seriously. Just makes you look like an idiot.

This was all a surprise to me too.

http://www.naturalnews.com/035081_pasteurized_milk_cancer_dairy.html

This about PUS

http://nutritionfacts.org/2011/09/08/how-much-pus-is-there-in-milk/

What turns on cancer from milk.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kathy-freston/a-cure-for-cancer-eating_b_298282.html

OUR WORK SHOWED THAT CASEIN IS THE MOST RELEVANT CANCER PROMOTER EVER DISCOVERED.

My note: Casein is in milk.

Aside from chemicals initiating or promoting cancer, other agents such as cosmic rays (energetic particles) from the sun or from the outer reaches of space may impact our genes to cause them to change (i.e., mutate) so that they could give rise to cancer 'seeds'. The most important point to consider is that we cannot do much about preventing initiation but we can do a lot about preventing promotion. The initiating idea is fatalistic and outside of our control but the promotion idea is hopeful because we can change our exposure to promoting agents and reverse the cancer process, thus is within our control.

KF: What exactly is so bad about animal Protein?

TCC: I don't choose the word "exactly" because it suggests something very specific. Rather, casein causes a broad spectrum of adverse effects.

Among other fundamental effects, it makes the body more acidic, alters the mix of hormones and modifies important enzyme activities, each of which can cause a broad array of more specific effects. One of these effects is its ability to promote cancer growth (by operating on key enzyme systems, by increasing hormone growth factors and by modifying the tissue acidity). Another is its ability to increase blood cholesterol (by modifying enzyme activities) and to enhance atherogenesis, which is the early stage of cardiovascular disease.

And finally, although these are casein-specific effects, it should be noted that other animal-based Proteins are likely to have the same effect as casein.

"@@Papa Jack" With all due respect, please stop shoving this plant based diet down our throats. I have seen about 5-6 posts from you about this on several different threads. I'm happy for you that this program has worked for you and your wife but spewing nonsense about milk killing us and quoting articles from the Huffington Post as though they are absolute FACT needs to stop. Some have said that the research presented in Forks Over Knives uses the lowest levels of scientific evidence and picked data sets that supported the views presented in the movie while disregarding others. Please post your advertisements for Forks Over Knives on your own thread and stop taking over others. Thank you.

...end Rant.

Edited by KristenLe

I'm just going to back slowly out of this thread.... you lost me at "cosmic rays"....

I was just reading an article in the paper about the last surviving person in the world who was born in the 1800s. They asked about her diet and she said she had a biscuit and milk for Breakfast, 2 eggs during the day (one raw and one cooked) some minced meat and for dinner a glass of milk. She also drinks a glass of homemade brandy every day. I'm so glad I read the article. I was worried milk or energy particles were going to be the death of me... Now I don't have to worry about at least one of them!!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@KristenLe

have you been taught if you got nothing nice to say keep your mouth shut... This is second post i see from you this morning that has a nasty tone.... I'm sure you'll will have some remarks for me but whatever.'
This is a place to gather information, on WLS. If the topic of the thread isn't something you want information about please refrain from bringing your "tone" to the thread.

@@PayItForward The topic was something I wanted info about. What I didn't want was propaganda about Forks Over Knives or being told that milk would kill us and contained pus. The same propaganda that's been repeated on several threads in the last 24 hours and having nothing to do with WLS - in fact attempting to talk someone out of it!