Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2/9 Surgery Date Team

@@Positive44 - I have to ask when can you remember "only" losing 12 pounds in 8 days? Come on honey you are doing fan-freaking-tastic!!!! I have learned (the hard way over and over and OVER) that if that scale stops moving its usually because I've let my Protein drop (again). How much have you been getting?

@@It's Time - if you can tolerate the Tomato Soup well and really want to freak your taste buds out try this: In a pot mix 1 can Tomato Soup, refill can with beef broth & dump that in there add 1t Worcestershire Sauce, 1 t lemon juice then 13/4c Water - bring it to a simmer for a few minutes. SO GOOD!! If you have unflavored whey Protein you can mix in (while its all still cold) that would be even better :)

I seem to remember someone having an avocado craving and I haven't been able to stop thinking about it since. It was driving me coocoo so.... I invented an Avocado Protein shake for Breakfast this morning and it really help me with the craving! 1 scoop unflavored whey protein (or maybe vanilla?) 1c lactose free skim milk, 1/2c Water, 1 whole ripe avocado and some black pepper and salt (I used a salt sub called Nu-salt) - blended the heck out of it in my Nutrabullet and didn't even have anything to strain out -- I added some ice to my travel tumbler and some extra salt & pepper and YUM! I think text time I'm adding a little mild salsa verde!

I know I've only had a revision (from bypass) so your mileage may vary on these recipes but with the acid reducer my surgeon has me on I'm starting to enjoy food, even in liquid form. I have my post-op appointment tomorrow afternoon & I'm really looking forward to it.

Edited by MxKitty

So glad to hear that everyone is doing well

I had my follow up today as well and although I wasn't pleased with the appointment, he was pleased with my progress. I also started full liquids today and had creamed tomatoe Soup, which was so yummy and necessary- couldn't get it all down but it was awesome not eating broth ????

Has anyone started putting anything on their incisions yet or have an idea when we should start?

So now you have me curious as to what happened at your 1 week check up? Please let us know if you feel comfortable.

We are on day 8 post surgery and I've only lost 12 pounds. scale has not moved in last 3 days, which means I really must move more and get more steps in. So I have a new plan today:

* Take all Vitamins

* Drink 3 16oz bottles of Water

* Walk 10,000 steps today

If I do that with only eating less than 300 calories, the scale should move this week. That's the plan????

How is everyone else doing?

Oh no I don't mind sharing - it wasn't anything that I'm doing wrong. My surgeon wasn't there, which was unexpected. I met with a surgeon that I have never seen after sitting in the waiting room an hour beyond my appointment. It just wasn't what I expected and I felt like his responses were general because he didn't perform the surgery. He didn't even know I had a hernia repair, really. He said I was doing well blah blah blah but I expected more ????

You are doing well on your weight loss, some people don't even lose 12 pounds so don't beat yourself up. Are you on full liquids this week? I am and have added creamy tomatoe soup to my diet, so my calories are slightly higher. Definitely listen to your body and don't over do it with the walking, I know we want the weight off but we didn't gain it in a day ????

@@Positive44 - I have to ask when can you remember "only" losing 12 pounds in 8 days? Come on honey you are doing fan-freaking-tastic!!!! I have learned (the hard way over and over and OVER) that if that scale stops moving its usually because I've let my Protein drop (again). How much have you been getting?

@@It's Time - if you can tolerate the Tomato Soup well and really want to freak your taste buds out try this: In a pot mix 1 can Tomato Soup, refill can with beef broth & dump that in there add 1t Worcestershire Sauce, 1 t lemon juice then 13/4c Water - bring it to a simmer for a few minutes. SO GOOD!! If you have unflavored whey Protein you can mix in (while its all still cold) that would be even better :)

I seem to remember someone having an avocado craving and I haven't been able to stop thinking about it since. It was driving me coocoo so.... I invented an Avocado Protein shake for Breakfast this morning and it really help me with the craving! 1 scoop unflavored whey protein (or maybe vanilla? ) 1c lactose free skim milk, 1/2c Water, 1 whole ripe avocado and some black pepper and salt (I used a salt sub called Nu-salt) - blended the heck out of it in my Nutrabullet and didn't even have anything to strain out -- I added some ice to my travel tumbler and some extra salt & pepper and YUM! I think text time I'm adding a little mild salsa verde!

I know I've only had a revision (from bypass) so your mileage may vary on these recipes but with the acid reducer my surgeon has me on I'm starting to enjoy food, even in liquid form. I have my post-op appointment tomorrow afternoon & I'm really looking forward to it.

Thanks for the recipes, I want to try the tomatoe soup - I'm going to pass on the avocado one ????

I totally agree with MxKitty. 12 pounds is awesome! 10,000 steps will have you hurting. It's really interesting how different each doctor is in terms of recommended diet, check ups, etc. I had a phone consultation with a nurse last Tue. (1 week) and will see my doctor on the 25th. I feel like I'm doing really well. Went out in the sunlight today (feared I might go blind, but didn't) to visit my mom. I took my shake and yogurt with me. I feel like I'm a baby on a feeding schedule! It will be nice when we can eat real food and blend in with the crowd. Oh, one thing: still no BM! I've been taking a stool softener every day. Suggestions? Don't want to die from poo poisoning or anything like that! Lol!

New pain! 8 days out and I was doing good. Now I've got a sharp pulling pain to the right of my belly button. It's killing me to move :( I thought I was doing so well!

So glad to hear that everyone is doing well

I had my follow up today as well and although I wasn't pleased with the appointment, he was pleased with my progress. I also started full liquids today and had creamed tomatoe Soup, which was so yummy and necessary- couldn't get it all down but it was awesome not eating broth ????

Has anyone started putting anything on their incisions yet or have an idea when we should start?

So now you have me curious as to what happened at your 1 week check up? Please let us know if you feel comfortable.

We are on day 8 post surgery and I've only lost 12 pounds. scale has not moved in last 3 days, which means I really must move more and get more steps in. So I have a new plan today:

* Take all Vitamins

* Drink 3 16oz bottles of Water

* Walk 10,000 steps today

If I do that with only eating less than 300 calories, the scale should move this week. That's the plan????

How is everyone else doing?

Oh no I don't mind sharing - it wasn't anything that I'm doing wrong. My surgeon wasn't there, which was unexpected. I met with a surgeon that I have never seen after sitting in the waiting room an hour beyond my appointment. It just wasn't what I expected and I felt like his responses were general because he didn't perform the surgery. He didn't even know I had a hernia repair, really. He said I was doing well blah blah blah but I expected more ????

You are doing well on your weight loss, some people don't even lose 12 pounds so don't beat yourself up. Are you on full liquids this week? I am and have added creamy tomatoe Soup to my diet, so my calories are slightly higher. Definitely listen to your body and don't over do it with the walking, I know we want the weight off but we didn't gain it in a day ????

Thank you for bringing me back to reality. I really appreciate it. Took years to get me here and it will take time to get the weight off the right way and keep it off.

Yes, still broth, Protein Shakes, Water, and sugar free popsicles. Forgot 1/2 of my Vitamins at work ugh... Oh well. Will try this again tomorrow????

New pain! 8 days out and I was doing good. Now I've got a sharp pulling pain to the right of my belly button. It's killing me to move :( I thought I was doing so well!

Oh no! I wonder if you pulled something? What did your doctor say?

Losing about 1 lbs per day, you guys?

Good morning everyone!

@ My scale has moved a bit each day up to 1/2 a pound loss until today when it said I was 2 pounds down from yesterday - perfect day for my followup visit :)

Update: doc said all the pain and pulling is normal because of the muscle the surgical tools had to go through. Sucks! I was finally feeling normal and now on post op day 9 I'm moving a little less again. Keep trying everyone. Hope yalls recovery is going well!

I was at about 1 pound per day but haven't weighed in a few days because of that wonderful time of month, which sucks. Cramps and surgery pain at the same time are no fun

Jennaggie sorry you aren't feeling yourself, it will get better.

Is anyone tracking calories per day yet?

Hey guys had my one week post op yesterday which was really 9 days. I could not believe my eyes when the scale showed 259. I was 280 on surgery day for a total of 21 pounds lost.... in NINE flippin days. At this appointment i was cleared to have purees. (Here I come avocado!) Also other foods that don't need to be pureed like tilapia and other white fish, eggs, and a few others. So on the list of approved foods was chicken salad so I said ok... I'll try that. Um no. Tastes kind of the same but hit my stomach and gurgle gurgle gurgle. No thank you!! So I'm not going to try that again anytime soon. I think my go to foods for the next week will be string cheese, milk and cottage cheese. Milk has been my bestie for the last week and has not let me down so far. On the plan we are supposed to get more food from real food instead of relying on shakes but I really just don't want to. I rather have my shake (imagine that) and no bubbles, so that's what I'm sticking with this week. And omg guys they took off the steri strips and guess who healed like a champ and was told they had NEVER seen this kind of healing before!!! This girl!!!

I have no one else to share this with and I hope it doesn't sound like some brag post I'm just really proud that I finally got the courage to take over my life and that it has all been working out in my favor.

Here's a pic of one of my scars. Omg!!

post-260719-14558269264814_thumb.jpg