Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2/9 Surgery Date Team

Hey guys had my one week post op yesterday which was really 9 days. I could not believe my eyes when the scale showed 259. I was 280 on surgery day for a total of 21 pounds lost.... in NINE flippin days. At this appointment i was cleared to have purees. (Here I come avocado!) Also other foods that don't need to be pureed like tilapia and other white fish, eggs, and a few others. So on the list of approved foods was chicken salad so I said ok... I'll try that. Um no. Tastes kind of the same but hit my stomach and gurgle gurgle gurgle. No thank you!! So I'm not going to try that again anytime soon. I think my go to foods for the next week will be string cheese, milk and cottage cheese. Milk has been my bestie for the last week and has not let me down so far. On the plan we are supposed to get more food from real food instead of relying on shakes but I really just don't want to. I rather have my shake (imagine that) and no bubbles, so that's what I'm sticking with this week. And omg guys they took off the steri strips and guess who healed like a champ and was told they had NEVER seen this kind of healing before!!! This girl!!!

I have no one else to share this with and I hope it doesn't sound like some brag post I'm just really proud that I finally got the courage to take over my life and that it has all been working out in my favor.

Here's a pic of one of my scars. Omg!!

Absolutely awesome news and no you don't sound like you're bragging we are hear to support each other. Your scars look really good, I have that surgical glue on mine that doesn't seem to come off very easily

Major congrats on going to puréed, I'm so ready for that stage but won't change over until next Tuesday but I'm already planning ahead

Did you true tuna or the ricotta bake yet?

Hey guys had my one week post op yesterday which was really 9 days. I could not believe my eyes when the scale showed 259. I was 280 on surgery day for a total of 21 pounds lost.... in NINE flippin days. At this appointment i was cleared to have purees. (Here I come avocado!) Also other foods that don't need to be pureed like tilapia and other white fish, eggs, and a few others. So on the list of approved foods was chicken salad so I said ok... I'll try that. Um no. Tastes kind of the same but hit my stomach and gurgle gurgle gurgle. No thank you!! So I'm not going to try that again anytime soon. I think my go to foods for the next week will be string cheese, milk and cottage cheese. Milk has been my bestie for the last week and has not let me down so far. On the plan we are supposed to get more food from real food instead of relying on shakes but I really just don't want to. I rather have my shake (imagine that) and no bubbles, so that's what I'm sticking with this week. And omg guys they took off the steri strips and guess who healed like a champ and was told they had NEVER seen this kind of healing before!!! This girl!!!

I have no one else to share this with and I hope it doesn't sound like some brag post I'm just really proud that I finally got the courage to take over my life and that it has all been working out in my favor.

Here's a pic of one of my scars. Omg!!

Absolutely awesome news and no you don't sound like you're bragging we are hear to support each other. Your scars look really good, I have that surgical glue on mine that doesn't seem to come off very easily

Major congrats on going to puréed, I'm so ready for that stage but won't change over until next Tuesday but I'm already planning ahead

Congrats to you and feel free to post happy and sad times here. Our group is a safe environment and non judgmental.

Going to the doctor tomorrow to find out why my scars are still tender and not fading as all should. I have two that are great and two that are still tender, red, and a little puffy. I will let y'all know how it goes.

Walked 7000 steps at work today so I'm starting to feel really good. Still eating less than 500 calories each day. shakes are about 180 and I try to get two down each day. Not hungry at all. Even when I eat it's because I'm bored, upset, or it's the time of day (breakfast, lunch, or dinner time). This experience has helped me learn more about why I eat, which is truly eye opening!

How is everyone doing??

So as of this morning I've lost 34 lbs post op for a total of 84 in all. I think I'll be more excited about that when I'm up and back to getting dressed for work. I took two weeks off and and thinking about squeezing a couple more days in. I'm almost scared to try to put work pants on. I tried a pair of workout pants thinking the tighter fit would help sooth my stomach, instead it caused pain lol so I took them right back off. Stretchy shorts for me ever since! I'm looking forward to the "soft meats" I get to start eating Monday. I've had mostly sugar free Popsicles, refried Beans, and sweet potatoes the past few days. Any suggestions on what to make? What are y'all eating right now? How is being back at work? I travel often and they usually provide food so that worries me. Just checking in! I love having somewhere to go to talk about all of this.

No, I realized that even though my surgeon has advanced me I'm not comfortable trying anything. I did buy the ingredients for the ricotta bake an am comfortable trying that on tomorrow as i had some sauce with parmesan on top from some spaghetti I made for others.

But tuna, chicken, etc. No thanks. Swallowing didn't hurt when the tiny tiny chicken piece went down but it just gave me a weird undescribable feeling. Whenever I do try a meat again it will be some white fish. Maybe next weekend. But cheese has been awesome. No adverse reactions at all from cheese, milk, yogurt.

Are you all on a calorie diet at all? My surgeon only goes by Protein. Obvious starchy foods are out for a while but others I hadn't counted on being out are oatmeal, any grains, Cereal, etc. Even if they are low calorie. He says they are fat burning nightmares. (Basically knocking you out of ketosis and will cause stalls.)

Wow Jennaggie 34 pounds in 11 days, major congrats. Yes pants are going to annoy your tummy, my first day back I wore a dress but have worn pants and find myself adjusting them around my tummy. I too travel for work and am a little nervous but I think the key is planning - take Protein supplements with you

Slimyrimshel- continue to listen to your body, if you're not ready to advance, don't. I understand being a little skeptical of tuna or canned chicken, but if you do decide to try it, just purée it with light mayo - that should make a softer texture

I have no idea what my calories should be, my documents focus on Protein as well but I am logging and average around 400-500 I think

Positive how did the doctors visit go?

I'm so glad that it's Friday, this week seemed extremely long to me. I just want to curl up and do nothing for a few days what's everyone doing this weekend?

Hi It's Time! Thanks for asking. Appointment went well and I'm glad I went. I am to massage the scars daily until they scab over and clear up. No scar cream needed.

I was also told my body was in starvation mode with only getting in less than 500 calories a day. My new goal is 700 to 800 calories per day and to create eating patterns. Must have Breakfast, lunch, and dinner Protein shake period. That will regulate my metabolism and the weight will just fall off when my body recognizes the routine.

Also, take the Vitamins to keep skin healthy and life weights to firm skin starting in two weeks. Options for skin: life weights to form or get it cut off. I elect weight lifting Geezs!!

Overall, very pleased with follow up. 13.5 down since surgery.

I'm with you on the lifting weights. I stopped at Target on my lunch break and looked at some resistance bands to use while sitting at my desk.

Sent from my 6045O using BariatricPal

I was sleeved on the 9th of February. I caught a chest infection in hospital so my weight loss has been slow because I had to stop all my meds and just swallow the antibiotics which also gave me bad bowels! Anyway had the last of the antibiotics yesterday.. Started back on my usual meds particularly the nexium for reflux.

I am really not hungry at all and have to force myself to eat anything. Start on real food on Monday.. That will be so good.. I can have scrambled eggs! Yay!!

I have lost 7.4 kg so far only another 22.5 to go!

I'm stuffed!!!! How is this possible. Here i am sitting with my two year old having refried Beans and salsa and I am full as a tick. I hsd maybe three bites! My plate of beans is screaming EAT ME!!! And tummy says no. Tummy wins!!!!!

This feels almost magical.

I'm stuffed!!!! How is this possible. Here i am sitting with my two year old having refried Beans and salsa and I am full as a tick. I hsd maybe three bites! My plate of beans is screaming EAT ME!!! And tummy says no. Tummy wins!!!!!

This feels almost magical.

So blessedly magical :)

Okay so I have to share... I'm on full liquids/soft foods and I have enjoyed some refired bean awesomeness, some well blended lentil Soup and oodles of cottage cheese BUT I came aross this idea from The World According to Eggface of High Protein ICE CREAM. Okay... I haven't really had much ice cream over the last 14 years because after my original RNY in 2002 I became very intolerant. Well I've found a couple of lactose free milks I can finally manage so I wanted to give this a shot. My incredible wife dug out her 1990's ice cream maker and went out just for rock salt while I tossed together a PB2/Butterscotch vanilla mix. Well I just had about 1/3c and #1 I'm feeling pretty darned full & #2 it tasted freaking amazing. My recipe ended up being 13g Protein, 4g sugar, 10g total carbs, 3g fat & 115 calories so about the same as 1/2c of cottage cheese!

We almost killed the ice cream maker so I think I have a date with Amazon to order a newer/stronger one!!

Hi Everyone,

This weekend I've had a lot of pain on the left side of my stomach, and a bit of acid reflux as well. Not sure why this is happening right before two weeks post surgery, but it's here! As a result, I have not been successfully getting Water or Protein down at all. What should I do??

I was sleeved on 2/9.

I am not hungry and hate Protein Drinks. I'm finding it difficult to force feed myself. I'm managing getting Water in but it doesn't come as easy as it used to.

I've lost 20 lbs since surgery and stalled since Friday. I'm walking at least 1.5 miles per day. Today I pushed myself to go 2.5 miles to see if I can get out of the stall.

All my incisions with exception of one are healing nicely. Doctor used glue to close my incisions.

I go back to work tomorrow. A bit nervous but excited. I tend to be tired in morning should be interesting first day back at my already stressful job.

Edited by TxJP

Hi Everyone,

This weekend I've had a lot of pain on the left side of my stomach, and a bit of acid reflux as well. Not sure why this is happening right before two weeks post surgery, but it's here! As a result, I have not been successfully getting Water or Protein down at all. What should I do??

Call your doctor, you need to get liquids down so you don't dehydrated, good luck